Where did you lose it?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So. I started my diet with this competition I was chose for on Feb. 1st. At the weigh-in I was 241lbs. As of today I am down to 228lbs. So happy to be out of the 230's. I took my measurements last night and my thighs are at 26in., down from 29 1/5 in.. My hips are 51in. and they were 54 1/2 in. So I have lost a good amount of inches on my lower body. I just feel like I haven't lost much at all in my stomach. It measures slightly lower then what I did at the weigh in. I have gone done from a 22W, to a 19 in juniors in pants, but I think they only fit because my hips are getting smaller.

Where did you see the weight come off first?
    Where did you see the weight come off Last?

I am seeing the most results in my legs and my face first!
  • I lose top down ... face, collarbone, chest, waist. Hips and thighs are always last (and first place I gain).
  • Wow! That's tremendous progress! I'm so happy for you!

My first month was all about the hips, butt, thighs and tummy.
    My second month was the shoulders, arms and chest.
    My third month was a stall.
    I'm in my fourth month now and seem to be losing in the rear and hips, maybe in the thighs, but they're pretty stubborn.

I lose consistently in my face, which suits me fine! I want my old face back. This month I have cheek bones again.
  • A little bit in my face and the rest in my tummy, it seems.

So far I've only measured my waist and hips. I've lost a little more than 15 lbs, my waist is one inch smaller than when I started and my hips are half an inch smaller.
  • Legs, hips, butt first. Then arms and face. Though I've lost a lot of inches around my waist, I know my tummy will be where the last pound comes off. Stubborn suckers, those tummy fat cells.
  • Wow! Good for you! 13 pounds is such an achievement!

Funny how we all lose in different places-- I seem to lose from the outside in-- legs and face first, then hips and boobs, tummy last. Sigh.
  • Well that's a relief. It seems the majority of you girls are the same as me, belly last. That makes me feel better.
  • Quote: I lose top down ... face, collarbone, chest, waist. Hips and thighs are always last (and first place I gain).
    I lose more or less in the same way. The first places I really noticed my weight loss were in my waist, lower belly, jawline, and collarbones; my thighs and butt are likely going to be the last places that I lose from.
  • I tend to lose my stomach first, thankfully, then the rest catches up, so my tummy looks big again! Even though it is the first to go, it is also the LAST.
  • I have lost about 50 pounds and everything has gone down significantly EXCEPT my upper arms. I went from a 26/28 pants to an 18, 3XL tops to a Large/14 (in t shirts), and my rings are falling off. But my upper arms have not BUDGED, still a huge 16 3/4" around each. Yikes.
  • Mine came off pretty much from top to bottom. Face was the first to show, followed by chest, waist, hips and thighs. My calves are still pretty big, but I wonder if it can't be muscle...you know, they held up 333 pounds for years, they had to be strong, right?? The only measurement I took when I started was at my biggest core area...my belly right at my belly button. When I started it measured 54". It is now 29! 25 inches off my waist...over 2 FOOT!
  • Hi,
    I haven't lost any inches YET (that I know off).. but reading your replies here gives me hope that someday I will be able to come back here and say I've lost inches here, there and EVERWHERE.

My three main problem area's are my upper arms and my tummy/waist.
    When I started on January 25th, my upper arms measured 19 inches and my waist is 52 inches. I also measured my tummy, right below the belly button because that is where I hold all my "fluffiness" and it measured 58 inches.
    Talk about feeling like you want to cry...I nearly ran out of tape measure when I measured my tummy.

I wrote these measurements down on my webpage and in April, I will retake them and hopefully I can come back here and post better news.

• I've lost pretty evenly, but definitely didn't have noticeable changes in my face and neck until the last 15 pounds.
  • I lose noticeably all over, but my face and belly are most drastic. Also my collarbone area, my collarbones are prominent even now at 300lbs.
  • I usually loss the belly first and hips and thighs are always last.