I went shopping today

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I was in a crappy mood (though my weight was DOWN this morning to 203.4!!!!) and so decided to go shopping. I normally shop at thrift stores but I found NOTHING decent today. So I went to the mall...

My size 18 levi's are way too big for me. My 16's are getting a bit loose... so I decided to try on a pair of Lee's Riders in a 14 misses (these are all misses sizes and not plus) and guess what.... THEY FREAKING FIT. I can do them up and everything!!!!!! Now I've got a bit of a muffin top with it so regular wear will have to wait for another 5 pounds but SIZE 14!!!!!

So to celebrate I bought some LARGE yoga pants and a LARGE t-shirt.... notice the no X's in sight? Anywhere?

happy sigh
  • What a fabulous, amazing, and wonderful feeling!!!!! Size 14 regular?????? WOW!
  • I feel you!!!! I don't even know what to do with all my larges...I just bought the dang things right before Christmas and they are all flapping and falling off. I have never, ever, EVER been a medium before. I think I went from 6X in like 2nd grade to L overnight. It's totally surreal!!!
  • what a huge accomplishment!!!!!
  • OMWord!!! how awesome!!
  • Congrats! I think the first time I put on size 14's in the dressing room, I quickly took them off, hung them back up and then went out to my car and burst into tears. LOL. So you're handling this new, smaller size a lot better than I did!
  • That's AWESOME! Congrats!
  • Awesome!! Congrats!!
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! That is so cool!! Congrats on all the great work!!

Happy Dance Time!!!
  • Congrats! I miss my 14's, lol. Still have a couple of pairs, and I CANNOT wait until they fit again.
  • Oh Baby, time to give up the thrift store now...cuz I'll tell you, I was shopping yesterday and at Penney's and several other dept. stores they had boat loads of adorable size 14's (and smaller) on the 80% off rack. Brand new adorable clothes for LESS than some of my thrift store finds. I know for you now, you'll probably not want to start shopping for next year not knowing what tiny size you'll end up by then, but just wait!!! I have found such a thrill buying super duper classics now that I'm at goal, (only stuff that I'm pretty sure will still be in style next winter) for rock bottom prices. I used to envy my friends who would pick up great values knowing they would be able to wear them "next year".

Oh how I would love to go shopping with some of my 3fc buddies!
  • Way to go Girl!!

Isn't shopping so much fun as you get smaller?
  • That's awesome CF! I love size 14! Haven't been tehre in years, but I love it!!
  • You know, I really think size 14 is one of those major milestones on the way down. (I've lived in the UK for ages, but I still automatically translate sizes into North American equivalents.) Congratulations, and as Lori Bell says, hit the clearance racks!
  • that is WONDERFUL news, so happy for you.