The midpoint merry-go-round

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to

• {I hope I'm doing this right!}

I've noticed there are a lot of challenges going on around here, but not really one where someone like me, really just beginning my journey, will fit in well. I thought it would be fun to have a thread for those of us towards the beginning (or maybe been at it a while, but still has a ways to go!) to discuss and get to know each other.

Anyone is welcome to join in at ANY time, and there is no rush or deadline to meet your goals. I thought it would be fun to go for a mid-way point for the purpose of this thread, though.

The way I've seen it done on other boards is to copy and paste the whole list down from where you begin into your own thread each time you want to update. That way, everything is kept current and up to date.

For example:

Name.............{SW}.....{Midway GW}.....{CW}.......{lbs to go}
    roxmysox.........269............219............... 269............50

(where your SW is the starting point for THIS challenge) and then the next person in line would just copy the above, put in their information and so on. When you wanted to edit your own, just copy the latest list and update yours before posting the updated numbers.

Ok, I sure hope some people will join me here, otherwise I'll feel pretty silly
  • Anyone want to come play with me?
  • I'm still trying to figure out your method of keeping track?

But sure, I'm in!! I think it's a fun idea for those of us closer to the beginning than the end!

PeanutsMom704 SW256 MIDWAY 206 CW 228 22 lbs to go!
  • yay. I thought for a while there I would be all alone!

Just like this:

PeanutsMom.....256............206...............22 8.............22

then, next time you want to update you can just copy and paste the latest one posted and change your numbers. When (if? lol) the next person joins, they will copy the list with both of our info and place theirs, and so on. It just seems like a great way to keep it updated. Don't mean to be difficult though! LOL
  • oh, duh! Ok, that makes sense. On some of the other stuff people go back and edit their original post but that doesn't register as a new post, so the thread can slip way down.

This is a good way to keep it alive and hopefully, more people will want to meet in the middle!
  • Okay, I want to join now that I understand it (I think). I have been at this a while but for many reasons I also feel like I've just begun, so I hope it's okay if I join.

Sunrose...........217............189.............. .217.............28
  • So glad to have you, Sunrose!

What do you all do with your days/nights? (I would say for a living, but it doesn't sound right to me haha)

I own my own business, and work from home. It's fun, but sometimes I do miss having work friends and time "alone". I also do the SAHM thing and we'll be homeschooling this coming fall!
  • Hi roxmysox, cute name! This is my ninth year teaching high school English! It can be stressful and tiring! What kind of business do you own? Sounds completely awesome! I wish I could work from home. I have an awesome hubby who also teaches at the same school I do (that's where we met) but we don't have any kids, probably partially due to the things I've seen while teaching, LOL! We do have cats, though! How many kids do you have?
  • This sounds kinda fun so I'm in!

PapillonMom....265............222................. 243.............21

I am also an English teacher but in middle school- 8th grade. What can I say I love abuse My husband is finishing up his MLA (Master of Landscape Architecture) in May Then we are off to Austin, TX. Where I am starting a degree in School Counseling.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better
  • I like this idea...it is helpful for us to keep from sort of getting lost in all those big numbers.

calluna............269............219............. ...242.............23
  • heavenlymom.........231............224............ ... 231............7

I hope I did this right??
  • Heavenlymom- not quite, but that's ok! This is a long term thread, so you will take your entire goal, divide by two to get your halfway point, and then that's your goal. Then, you copy the entire list and put your name at the bottom, in the same format as above. For example, I still have 99 lbs. to lose, so my halfway goal is 50 (well, 49.5, but you know...)

Sunrose- I'm sure I turned off my fair share of teachers from having children, back in my time! I used to dream about being a teacher when I "grew up" but my path was different, I guess. I'm a graphic designer I have one child so far, but plan to have more once I get the weight off!

PapillionMom & calluna- so very glad you joined the party!
  • I like it!

heavenlymom.........231............224............ . 231............7
    xMeaganx.......286..............205............... ..231.............26
  • Ok, here goes:

heavenlymom.........231............224............ . 231............7
    xMeaganx.......286..............205............... ..231.............26
    Knobhdy.........220.5............187.5............ .220.5..........33
  • I wanted to play but I'm not tracking my weight. I'm tracking sizes. Can I still play?