Old 02-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Yeah, my cousin moved his wedding date!

I posted quite a while ago that I was worried about how much weight I could lose by a summer wedding. The wedding came out of nowhere and I was hoping to lose 7 lbs a month by then.

He decided on a March wedding of next year! I'm so happy about that! Now I can just keep on keepin' on. I have a very realistic deadline and I bet I can make goal by then. And even if I don't, I'll be a lot closer than I am now.

I'm having fun going to bed at night dreaming about what dress I'll wear and the reactions I will get. This is all family that lives 8 hours away.

I don't like time deadlines, but this one seems realistic. I need to lose about 65 pounds in 13 months. That's just 5 pounds per month.

This is a very high class, high pressure wedding. I have a very wealthy uncle. My family is great, but I hate being the fat relative among all his classy friends.

Last edited by Eliana; 02-12-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Girl, I bet you're gonna look gorgeous no matter what! But that's awesome that you get some bonus time to get where you want to be definitely good motivation!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I love/hate timelines, especially if I'm cutting it close. The extra time is awesome and I'm sure you'll look awesome no matter what! I know what you mean about getting reactions. I haven't seen the vast majority of my family since I began my weight loss journey, and I really want to wait and see everyone once I reach my goal...I'm pretty sure no one will recognize me, lol. Shocking relatives is always a fun motivation. Keep up the great work, I love reading about your progress!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:46 AM   #4  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

That is awesome news! I hate timeline/deadlines--too much pressure for me. 5 lbs a month is more than doable. You are going to look amazing!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I'm kind of goal oriented so even though I keep trying to not put too much emphasis on timeframes, I find them helpful as long as they are realistic. I think this is a PERFECT timeframe for that - something important to work towards, but enough time to realistically get there.

You are going to be smoking hot at that wedding!!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #6  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

That is great news. Your expectations are totally realistic! You are going to show up at goal and rock your new hot body in WHATEVER dress you want
You go girl!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #7  

Good luck that sounds pretty realistic!
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote