3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Yeah, my cousin moved his wedding date! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194063-yeah-my-cousin-moved-his-wedding-date.html)

Eliana 02-12-2010 08:03 PM

Yeah, my cousin moved his wedding date!

I posted quite a while ago that I was worried about how much weight I could lose by a summer wedding. The wedding came out of nowhere and I was hoping to lose 7 lbs a month by then.

He decided on a March wedding of next year! :D I'm so happy about that! Now I can just keep on keepin' on. I have a very realistic deadline and I bet I can make goal by then. And even if I don't, I'll be a lot closer than I am now.

I'm having fun going to bed at night dreaming about what dress I'll wear and the reactions I will get. This is all family that lives 8 hours away.

I don't like time deadlines, but this one seems realistic. I need to lose about 65 pounds in 13 months. That's just 5 pounds per month.

This is a very high class, high pressure wedding. I have a very wealthy uncle. :rolleyes: My family is great, but I hate being the fat relative among all his classy friends.

kuhrisuh 02-12-2010 08:31 PM

Girl, I bet you're gonna look gorgeous no matter what! But that's awesome that you get some bonus time to get where you want to be :) definitely good motivation!

Gracie789 02-12-2010 08:44 PM

I love/hate timelines, especially if I'm cutting it close. The extra time is awesome and I'm sure you'll look awesome no matter what! I know what you mean about getting reactions. I haven't seen the vast majority of my family since I began my weight loss journey, and I really want to wait and see everyone once I reach my goal...I'm pretty sure no one will recognize me, lol. Shocking relatives is always a fun motivation. Keep up the great work, I love reading about your progress! :cheer2:

losermom 02-13-2010 06:46 AM

That is awesome news! I hate timeline/deadlines--too much pressure for me. 5 lbs a month is more than doable. You are going to look amazing!

PeanutsMom704 02-13-2010 07:49 AM

I'm kind of goal oriented so even though I keep trying to not put too much emphasis on timeframes, I find them helpful as long as they are realistic. I think this is a PERFECT timeframe for that - something important to work towards, but enough time to realistically get there.

You are going to be smoking hot at that wedding!!!

gumboot 02-13-2010 05:10 PM

That is great news. Your expectations are totally realistic! You are going to show up at goal and rock your new hot body in WHATEVER dress you want :)
You go girl!

losinginillinois 02-14-2010 10:08 AM

Good luck that sounds pretty realistic!