Sooo Close!

• Today was my weigh in day and I got a great surprise, another 3lbs gone this week!
    Then I realised where that takes me to, 1/2 a pound away from my halfway mark if I decide to go all the way to my goal (which is top end of a healthy BMI)! For a second I was disappointed and thought, why couldn't I have lost another 1/2 pound, but then I realised my aim each week is to lose 1.5lbs and anything more than that is a bonus. So I actually lost double my goal for this week
    But still sooo close
  • Congratulations.

3lb in one week is terrific and 60 lb gone forever is phenomenal. You can look forward to the halfway mark at your next weigh in.
  • Very exciting. Wonderful accomplishment.
  • That is great - I remember when I moved out of obese - man I did the serious happy dance lol
  • That's fabulous!! Congratulations.

Now you've got something to that you can push and stretch for this coming week.

Lots of people don't like timed goals, but I think they DO have a place. I made short term little goals, reasonable ones and I didn't get disappointed or guilt ridden if I didn't make them. But having that short term goal helped to keep me focused and lit a fire under me so to speak. Well I knew I wanted to lose weight - but when? With those short term goals always just right ahead of me the answer to when I wanted to lose weight was always - NOW. Not later on, not down the road - but NOW. It made it a little challenging, more game like and yes - fun. I think it's important to always challenge yourself, stretch, reach and GROW.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress - and growth.
  • woo way to go!! keep up the good work!!
  • congrats - and enjoy the 3 lbs this week, which is awesome, and then you'll be able to enjoy the official half way point too!
  • Congrats! Wow, halfway to your goal is amazing! I know what you mean about wanting that little bit extra. I get so frustrated when it's soooo close like that, and it's so easy to forget to celebrate how much you've actually lost. Way to go & keep up the great work!
  • Good job!! And just think, you'll get to have major celebrations two weeks running.
  • Nice! That's wonderful!