Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #1  
Out is Through

Question Enell Sports Bra

I just received my bra in the mail, I'm so excited that it's here! A question for those of you that own an Enell: how snug is it supposed to fit? I ordered one last fall in a size 8 because I'm pretty well-endowed and I figured I would just need the biggest size (I was also 30 pounds heavier then) It was humongous on me, I returned it and didn't order a new one because I needed the money at that time.

I ordered a size 6 last week (I measured myself and referred to the sizing chart) and it fits alright but the straps near the underarm are just a tiny bit loose/flappy. Should I be worried? Is it supposed to fit VERY snug or is this alright? I don't want to take the tags off because if I need a size smaller I won't be able to return this one, but I want my 60 dollars to be put to good use.

Could it be that I may be "in between" sizes, a 5 being too small and a 6 being just a bit big?

Thanks in advance for any responses, I can't wait to hit the gym!
-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

They are supposed to be very snug. I just ordered a new 5. By their size chart, I should be a 6....but I know they should be very snug, so I went with the 5 and I was glad I did. It is pretty tight, but I like it that way. I don't want those big bad girls flopping anywhere. If I were you, I would go a size down yet....it should not be loose at all in my opinion. May I ask what is your normal bra size? I am a 46DD and like I said, the 5 fits right.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, sports bras should be snug. You want as little movement as possible. I have one that I'm "undergrowing". It was $60 though, so I still use it for treadmilling. I use my uber-tight one for stuff like Zumba and the Wii Fit or if I'm going to jog on the 'mill.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I got an Enell recently, size 4. Straight out of the package I wasn't even sure I was going to be able to snap it, but within one wearing it got comfy, definitely not too snug, but probably perfect. It's not hard to snap anymore. So if you have any questions, I'd return it for the smaller size.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #5  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

When it seems almost impossible to snap it is right. If you think it is a wee bit loose now it will only get more so as you lose weight.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #6  
Out is Through

It seemed almost impossible to snap when I put my arms through and needed to clasp the hooks together, but turns out it's a little big near my underarms. I was so excited that it fit better than the last so I guess I jumped the gun there ;(

I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't be able to fit your fingers under the band and I can do that easily I'm just hesitant because now I have to pay to ship this thing back and pay for shipping for a smaller size, the only store near me that carries Enell bras is Jack Rabbit Sports in Brooklyn and Manhattan but I've never been there before.

I ordered the size that was right for me, according to the sizing chart a 5 would technically be too small. Maybe I'll head to the Manhattan location on Sunday when I'm in the city and try it on anyway, like Cheryl said buying a size down is probably best for these types of purchases :P

Thank you all for your input I appreciate it!
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #7  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Definitely should be very snug. I got my first Enell about a month ago and I almost died laughing at myself trying to get it on. I've learnt that it's actually easier to put on by laying on my bed lol, like you do when you try to fasten jeans that are too tight lol!
I went with the size smaller than I thought because I knew I would be losing more weight and wanted it to last as long as possible. So far it's doing great, but I'm sure I'll have to get another in a few months. Worth every penny though I have to say for no bounce!
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5ft6'

Ya Mine is VERY snug. It holds those puppies in good. I was told by the "Bra Lady" at the intimates shop in town that I should go for a size smaller for a couple reasons. 1. If you are trying to lose weight it is an expensive item to have not fit you in a couple months. 2. If you are well indowed (I AM) you don't want them to move at all because it can damage the girls. 3. It can relax some as you wear it. So it's a tad less snug as the workout goes on.

Hope that helps.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #9  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

I was curious if these bras are as effective for those with smaller busts? Unfortunately weight loss made me smaller in some areas I didn't want to see a loss in! I currently wear a 36B and the few bras I have don't have enough hold. I sometimes find myself slipping out the bottom and have to readjust constantly. The bounce factor is also annoying and uncomfortable as I'm now somewhat deflated. Would an Enell work for me?
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am looking at buying my first sports bra. So the Enell Sports Bra is much better than something that I would buy at Walmart?
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #11  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Time2Lose - I would say the Enell is far superior to any normal sports bra. I tried two other store bought sports bras because I was loath to spend so much money on an Enell. But eventually when I decided I wanted to try to run at the gym I figured if it did what all the reviews say it would be worth it. And I think it was worth every penny...
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I have an Underarmor sports bra and really like it--it's nice and cool. Unfortunately that's the one that's a bit big now so it's not as supportive as it was when I first got it. My favourite sports bra is one from Mark's Work Wearhouse. I've been wearing it since I started this journey and the girls are STILL firmly in place. I look like I have a uniboob when I wear it, but it works great. It's hot, though.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #13  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Default uni...

uniboob...omg...and such is the evolution of language...
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #14  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

OK, when I glanced at the list of threads I saw "evil sports bra" You see what you expect, I guess and I've had a couple that would qualify as evil!

But you convinced me--I see from the website my local running store carries them so I will definitely check them out.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #15  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

ROFL @ evil bra - I actually seen it like that too heheh

I have read about these and they sound awesome but like someone else said my size is going down - I started as a 44dd and am now a 38C and have found there are other less expensive that work as well. Champions are my fave!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote