Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

thank you everyone. It really, really does help to know I'm not alone with this. Hopefully, a decent night's sleep will be ahead for me - something I haven't had for a while - and maybe I'll be a lot more optimistic.

But that's something else that is so helpful - everyone posted about WHEN I get to those smaller sizes. I really needed to hear that today - thanks.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #17  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Absolutely ... the power of positive thinking. You'll get there, you just have the persevere!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

It never ceases to piss me off that DH wears 34/34 jeans. Period. Levis, Lees, Polo, Wal-mart, doesn't matter. 34/34 jeans fit him. He likes some better than others, of course, but there's no, "man, I can't zip these up" or "jeez, my butt looks huge in these." They all freaking fit. I can try on ten pairs of jeans that all have the same size on the tag and every pair will fit differently. Even if they're the same brand. What's up with that? One more way men torture us? Someone's idea of a practical joke? What?
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #19  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

And my pet peeve - who decided how panties are sized? How am I supposed to translate size 9 into pants size 18. I'm tempted to stay overweight just so I can keep buying panties at Lane Bryant where they're sized the same as pant sizes - genius!

And men apparently are allowed to be all different heights and women are apparently only 3 heights - short, medium, or tall.

Last edited by kuchick; 02-11-2010 at 01:58 AM.
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #20  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traci in training View Post
It never ceases to piss me off that DH wears 34/34 jeans. Period. Levis, Lees, Polo, Wal-mart, doesn't matter. 34/34 jeans fit him. He likes some better than others, of course, but there's no, "man, I can't zip these up" or "jeez, my butt looks huge in these." They all freaking fit. I can try on ten pairs of jeans that all have the same size on the tag and every pair will fit differently. Even if they're the same brand. What's up with that? One more way men torture us? Someone's idea of a practical joke? What?
Women are just more shapely, I guess! I don't know about your husband, but my husband doesn't have a big butt and hips!!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #21  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I am right there with ya. I feel like sometimes I am always gonna have fat around my tummy! IDK if it will go or not but I am not gonna stop trying!

I know as well that tehre are others my weight that wear smaller than I do - but I am learning to accept that. Realizing that we are all different and that is ok!!

Huggles - you will get there - just keep at it.

Like someone else suggested go out and try on some smaller size I bet you will be surprised at what ACTUALLY fits!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #22  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I've lost a little over 70 lbs which must have been pretty evenly distributed as my clothing sizes haven't changed all that much yet. I'm keeping my thoughts focused on the paper towel roll analogy I read here on 3FC, that now that I'm getting smaller the pounds I do lose will make more of a difference. But I'm sitting here now in a 22/24 top and 20 bottoms, mainly because my hourglass shape keeps them filled out in key areas even though I've lost more than 6 inches around waist and ribcage. The bra is a ridiculous 34GG.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Peanutsmom... I guess some people are built that way...I have the same problem, I wore the same size between 180lbs and 240lbs... and I'm working in that direction as well... I'm hoping that working out more than I ever have might help that, but then muscle does bulk a bit too. Don't get discouraged though, eventually those sizes gotta give ya up.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

You know, one of the other problems is that I can wear all different sizes at the same time!

My smallest jeans are a 14W and I love the nice butt-hugging/thigh hugging fit, but I'm also perfectly comfy in a 20-- they just have a looser overall fit. I can wear an XL top, but I still wear some of my 3Xs, they just fit looser now.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

You can't go by sizes. Right now I can wear anything from a 16 to a 20. It all depends on the cut. Pants that used to be toture-tight, are now only a little baggy... and I have lost 27 lbs....still fit,more or less, but they just don't look as good anymore. I bet you would see more clearly how much weight you lost if you tried on some new things.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
You know, one of the other problems is that I can wear all different sizes at the same time!

My smallest jeans are a 14W and I love the nice butt-hugging/thigh hugging fit, but I'm also perfectly comfy in a 20-- they just have a looser overall fit. I can wear an XL top, but I still wear some of my 3Xs, they just fit looser now.
I was having this problem too, but honestly it was causing me so much anxiety to feel like I wasn't getting any smaller because my bigger clothes still "fit". Recently I stopped wearing all of my plus sized clothes, even the sweat pants. It has really helped me to realize that I really am not in those bigger sizes anymore. The smaller clothes look more flattering on and I feel better in them.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #27  

Height: 6-1.5

A "size" is just about 2 inches, and that must be measured around a circumference, (butt, waist, etc). I am happily fitting into 18's that i did not fit into last year, but I also continue to wear my 20's. They are loose and roomy and well, I am cheap and not ready to purchase all new clothes. I think a "few" sizes really show a difference. I would be swimming in my 20's if I was a 14.

Try not to bother yourself with comparisons with other people. Zen out on that. You are you and they are they *tra-la.* Clothing manufacturers sometimes make sizing difficult. These days, 18 is more like 20. You know how it is. Flattery sometimes preys on our deepest fears. If you are happy and healthy, then you have more than many other folks and God bless you. 30 pounds is a wonderful accomplishment.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #28  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

When I first started my weight loss journey I used size and measurements to judge my weight loss, not the scale (I didn't step on a scale until I had lost nearly 100 lbs). It took me a little more than seven months to go from a size 24 to 20, and I think it averaged somewhere around 25 lbs per size. Going down a plus size takes a lot more because the difference between sizes is so much larger and you need to lose a whole lot more to go down a single size.

I you haven't already, I'd highly suggest taking your measurements so when the scale isn't giving you the results you'd like you can still see that you're losing inches. Also, the measurements help if you're not losing weight evenly. You may be losing in your hips/stomach less than other parts of your body. Stick to your plan and I'm sure you'll see a size woosh pretty soon.

Size / Bust / Waist / Hip
20W 46-48 / 47.5-49.5 / 47-49
22W 48-50 / 49.5-51.5 / 49-51
24W 51-52 / 51.5-53.5 / 51-53
**these are the 'standard us women's sizing measurements' from a chart I use, of course it differs by manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchick
And my pet peeve - who decided how panties are sized? How am I supposed to translate size 9 into pants size 18.
So true, so true. At my highest weight I comfortably wore size 8 panties. If I went by the packaging I should have been wearing a 12...if I had followed the size guide it would have been ridiculous, lol. Sometimes I wish I were a man because their stuff is soooooo standardized. Of course our clothes are much cuter, but really why can we have standard sizing too!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote