Ladytime

• Okay, obviously we all know that during our periods our weight fluctuations are weird and our cravings can go into overdrive. I’m just curious about how it affects everyone.

-How much does your weight fluctuate during your period? How long does it last?

-Do you tend to see that weight plus some come off, or do you just go back to your starting point before your period and have to go from there?

-Do you have trouble controlling your eating? Is it worse before or during?

-Do you have any tricks that work to avoid overeating?
  • -How much does your weight fluctuate during your period? How long does it last?

I go up and down and up and down, day to day, for the few days leading up and the first day of. Then I start to drop again.

-Do you tend to see that weight plus some come off, or do you just go back to your starting point before your period and have to go from there?

So far, it takes about a week or so for everything to balance out, but I usually still end up losing. That could just be luck, though, as it’s only been a couple of times since I started back. However, this seems to be consistent from previous attempts.

I have a terrible time controlling it before. Once things actually start, I get back to things.

No. However, I just make sure I write everything down and try and make up for those days throughout the rest of the week.
  • I love having my period (for the first time in my life) because I know the 4 or 5 days after I will drop weight. I'll stall out during, but after it stops I'll drop 4-5 pounds within 4-5 days. I know its water and I've been loosing the enitre time, but it's really fun to watch the scale drop.

I have more trouble controlling my eating the week before my peroid than during. During is pretty normal.

I usually give in and eat something, but try to make sure its something that won't have too much dammage
  • I can see the water weight come on with TOM, but haven't really had a big whoosh of it coming back off afterwards, maybe like 1 lb or so. But I'm not gaining 5 lbs either, it's just 1-2 lbs extra. I would assume that if you retain more water, it's more dramatic when it comes off.
  • -How much does your weight fluctuate during your period? How long does it last?
    My weight creeps up a few days before, with a peak on the first day of my period. I can retain anywhere from 3-10lbs of fluid (really 10lbs...it is soooo uncomfortable). It starts to go away on the 3rd day or so, but not totally gone until it's over.

I never saw extra weight come off during my period.

I have a VERY, VERY hard time controlling my eating. I would say that It is worst right before and at the very beginning.

I would keep myself very hydrated...drink more water than you can imagine needing. And if you have uncontrolable hunger, I would just gorge myself on a lettuce based salad so that my stomach would be full, and I'd be less likely to chow down on cerial or chocolate.

Ha! Tom arrived this morning (funnily enough, my PT is also called Tom...um ) and whoosh I'm up 2lbs. Rats.

My periods normally last about 4 or 5 days. If I remember correctly, I get a whoosh (downwards this time!) towards the end of my period.

I lose the Tom-weight and then maybe a bit more, depending on how I've been with exercise and eating over the days of my period.

AHAHAHA. I'm eating like a pig today.

Other than just not doing it (at which I'm failing miserably right now?)? Nope, not really.
  • I usually gain between .4-.8 during my time of the month. I rarely get my period, unfortunately last week I had to deal with it and the frustration of the scale yo-yo-ing. Usually I try to drink lots of water and avoid high sodium intakes because it seems like I hold water worse during that time.

I do get lots of cravings, but I do WW, so I can treat myself to different things. I crave carbs usually and I'll splurge on a WW bagel or VitaTop. If I'm craving something salty, I'll grab a few almonds. If I want something sweet, I try to grab fruit first, especially melons and pineapple.

As for overeating, usually drinking lots of water and lots of fiber helps me. But if I need to, I just use some of my Flex bonus points and have something.
  • it's weird, but TOM has never had any affect on my weight loss, or life for that matter. Never any symptoms, no headache or cramps, no craving salt or foods etc. I lose the same and gain the same, TOM doesn't change a thing! i'm assuming my lifetime of easy periods will be punished with a crazy menopause LOL