Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #16  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Meagan Thank You for replying to my thread. I do calorie counting. I like it because its flexible and I can add in a treat when I want to. Let's restart
again tomorrow. I'm going to plan my menu tonight.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle98272 View Post
Am I the only one here who has, on a regular basis, ate so much I've felt sick or wished I could vomit? I don't mean to be abrupt but I have to disagree, I think to be 100+ lbs overweight, it's probably pretty common to have eaten enough to feel ill.

Oh no Michelle, you're not the only one. I stated this a couple of posts above yours that I frequently ate till the point of being ill.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 02-03-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Am I the only one here who has, on a regular basis, ate so much I've felt sick or wished I could vomit? I don't mean to be abrupt but I have to disagree, I think to be 100+ lbs overweight, it's probably pretty common to have eaten enough to feel ill.

To the OP, I think you've done a great thing coming here, posting and asking for help! I like Rockinrobin's advice...just one on plan day, then follow it by another.
Nope you are not the only one. I think it is very common for someone who is(or is heading to) obese to eat until they feel a bit( or A lot) ill. Of course it probably is disordered eating. But geez there are a heck of a lot of people here and elsewhere with that disorder.

To the OP: I would also agree with planning ahead of time. Make a plan and stick to it, day after day. Knowing what you are going to eat ahead of time takes the guess work out of what you should be eating and if you plan for the right foods you should be pretty satisfied throughout the day.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 AM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele98272
Just because binge eating may be common among members on a weight loss site, that doesn't mean it's normal or untreatable...

OTOH I wasn't a binge eater and I didn't make it to 100+ pounds overweight, so I guess I don't really know much along those lines. I did drink alcoholically, though, so I know what it means to keep going when a normal person would have stopped...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:26 AM   #20  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Just because binge eating may be common among members on a weight loss site, that doesn't mean it's normal or untreatable...

OTOH I wasn't a binge eater and I didn't make it to 100+ pounds overweight, so I guess I don't really know much along those lines. I did drink alcoholically, though, so I know what it means to keep going when a normal person would have stopped...

Jay
Ahhhh - normal. Love that word. Jay, we were just pointing out that to eat till one's ill is indeed quite normal, depending on how you define normal. And in this instance I think we're taking it as usual and common. As in it's QUITE usual, common and the norm to eat till one is overly stuffed.

Referring one to a doctor because of it, unfortunately is not *usually* the answer. Because if doctors could *fix it*, then there probably would be no need for the 100+ club of which you yourself have been fortunate enough to never need.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #21  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin
Because if doctors could *fix it*, then there probably would be no need for the 100+ club of which you yourself have been fortunate enough to never need.
Thanks for pointing that out!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #22  
Out is Through

Coming from a previous compulsive over-eater, the only thing that fills me up when my stomach feels like a bottomless pit is Special K Protein Plus cereal with skim milk and banana slices. So good, about 300 calories for 2 cups (one serving size is 3/4 of a cup but if I'm hungry it's worth the calories) and it's actually filling! Try it with some fresh fruit, it's terrific

-Stephy
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #23  

Height: 5'2

I would suggest checking your blood sugar when you are feeling so hungry. My sugar dips too low when I haven't eaten a good balance of protein and carbs in the previous meal. Then I feel panicky and like I MUST eat. Then the binge sets off another round. For me, cereal for breakfast is a no-no. I'm not diabetic either. Just something to consider. Hope you find something that works!
ThisYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I am a compulsive eater and a binge eater myself. Recovering, of course. Very few binges these days.

I agree you need more protein. Try not to overlook this *very key* piece of the puzzle. I do think if you add protein to your breakfast and lunch, your hungries will diminish significantly. Some ideas:

eggs (any kind... if you need portable protein, hard boil a few and take with you)
nuts (be careful not to overdo them)
lean meats (chicken breast, can of tuna)
beans and legumes (baked beans, chili, veg soup, canned beans of any kind to put in your salad, hummus to eat with vegs, roasted chick peas are portable)
a decent protein shake (watch for sugar in the ingredients)

Give that a try and see how your body feels. Good luck!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #25  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Back in the day I ate till I was almost sick most days of the week, so for me, it wasn't all that unusual, in fact it was indeed usual. and I suppose (more than suppose) that *I* did have disordered eating behaviors.

A nutritionist/dietitian could not have helped though, it was me. I needed to help me. But of course we are all different.
Yep...same here

Quote:
Am I the only one here who has, on a regular basis, ate so much I've felt sick or wished I could vomit? I don't mean to be abrupt but I have to disagree, I think to be 100+ lbs overweight, it's probably pretty common to have eaten enough to feel ill....
Nope...you're not the only one, sadly. Many suffer from binge eating. Matter of fact, there have been resent occasions I have eaten until I was sick...Christmas Day was the last time I can think of. I think it's a pretty common phenomenon for those of us that ate their way to morbid obesity.

ETA: Oops, sorry I didn't finish reading the thread before I posted....didn't mean to beat a dead horse....I guess we can say that eating to feeling sick is "normal" for the morbidly obese...Not normal for normal people.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-04-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Well I just go back from today (as it is now night here and I'm not eating again!) and well it was great! Stayed on plan! Took the advice I was given (thanks again!) and stayed with it. I didn't binge, had less than what I planned and felt satisfied all day. I added a hard boiled egg at 2, when my snack binges usually peak, with an apple (weird combo I know!) and was fine until dinner.

I'm so thankful for all the advice and encouragement.
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote