3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   The WAY too much info thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/193056-way-too-much-info-thread.html)

cfmama 02-02-2010 11:13 AM

The WAY too much info thread

I am constipated. For the last week... or so.

This has been happening ever since I got my gall bladder out. I swing between diarreaha and not pooping... period.

Well last night I took some liquid laxitive and then again this morning.

However I am questioning my wisdom on this as I just realized I have 5 littles for daycare this morning... ;)

Cross fingers for me that I am successfull in my mission! MY TUMMY HURTS!!!!!!

*and yes I'm drinking enough water to counteract the fiber I eat, and not really any binding foods and all good fruits and veggies... it's a gall bladder thing.

FitGirlyGirl 02-02-2010 11:20 AM

I have heard that this can be a side effect for a while after gall bladder removal. I have no advice that you aren't already doing, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you and I hope you feel better soon.

cathydoe 02-02-2010 11:48 AM

did you google gallbladder BM issues ? :) I don't have any advise either... I had my gallbladder taken out in 1976...so that puppy has been gone a LONG time!

mandalinn82 02-02-2010 12:11 PM

If the laxatives end up a bit too strong for you (they always give me ridiculously bad stomach pain and usually cause the OTHER problem), try a mug of Smooth Move tea by Traditional Medicinals. It's still a laxative and you don't want to abuse it, but in my experience it's a LOT gentler than anything else I've found.

AbbySinthe 02-02-2010 01:24 PM

I have no advice but :hug:
I had that same issue last week only still have my gallbladder. And I know how uncomfortable you must be :(

traci in training 02-02-2010 03:05 PM

Have you tried a daily regimen of something like Miralax? Low dose, keep things moving, let your body adjust to not having that gallbladder?

LesliesMom 02-02-2010 03:15 PM

That's no fun! I had my gallbladder out in November of 2007 and I am happy to report I didn't have any of those issues.

I --- ummm -- hope -- umm -- things start moving in the right direction. ;)

Angie

Michelle98272 02-02-2010 04:11 PM

I wondered why you hadn't moved your ticker to indicate weight loss. Hope you get it straightened out. Have you tried Yogurt for the "active cultures"...supposed to help things get motivated.

cfmama 02-02-2010 04:23 PM

No weight loss... scale at 210.4 this morning... plateau AGAIN combined with no pooping... it's freaking lovely.

I'm going to go buy that tea tonight. I could really use it!

Three doses of laxative later and NOTHING... my tummy is SO SORE. It hurts to sit, bend over, try to poop... everything. *tears* This sucks :(

salsa chip 02-02-2010 04:37 PM

Oh mama, don't cry! :hug: :(

Anyone so determined to knuckle down and transform her life in order to lose as much weight as you have is not going to let this get her down! You'll find a solution to this, with chickies' help or advice from your doc or pharmacist. I know you will. And it will pass! (literally)

cfmama 02-02-2010 05:24 PM

I have an extra large coffee on it's way... I'll let you know the results.

Michelle98272 02-02-2010 05:27 PM

LOL, I was going to suggest that and a bowl of bran cereal. Best wishes!

Ever thought you'd have perfect strangers praying for a good poop for ya?

salsa chip 02-02-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle98272 (Post 3131874)
Ever thought you'd have perfect strangers praying for a good poop for ya?

:rofl:

There are few feelings more satisfying than a good poo.

Beverlyjoy 02-02-2010 06:44 PM

Don't forget to ask your gastroenterologist. I bet he/she can help you figure it out too. Probably a phone call to the office.

Fiber One Cereal can be very very helpful.

Good luck!

Lori Bell 02-02-2010 07:26 PM

For FAST pain free results my Doc suggested 2 teaspoons of Epsom's salts dissolved in a glass of warm water after my gallbladder surgery. WARNING: IT SUCKS! It tastes just terrible, but it gets the job done...never fails, and I never had stomach cramping when using it. Thankfully my bowels started working well again about 6 months into my weight loss. (3 years after my surgery). Good luck mama