3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   It's so funny how people notice. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/192932-its-so-funny-how-people-notice.html)

Eliana 02-01-2010 11:48 AM

It's so funny how people notice.

I was talking to a coworker today and the conversation went something like this...

All in one breath..."Today we're going to need to finish up their schedules and add pictures for breakfast items, then gym and you're looking really tiny."

LOL! That's the third time that's happened actually. It takes me a while to process because they add it on to the end of a completely different thought!

I love it! :D

Gracie789 02-01-2010 12:00 PM

:cheer2: Awesome! I still get weirded out when people compliment me (I never know what to say, lol) but it is fantastic when other people notice all the hard work you're doing! Congrats on everything and you're soooooo close to onderland, keep up the amazing work!!!! :cheer2:

PeanutsMom704 02-01-2010 12:03 PM

hey, at least they are noticing!! I'm 25 lbs down, and still waiting and waiting...

Eliana 02-01-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutsMom704 (Post 3129095)
hey, at least they are noticing!! I'm 25 lbs down, and still waiting and waiting...

Like many have told me, many people may be noticing and are afraid to say anything. ;) And it took exactly 30 lbs for people to start saying anything to me. I'm still riding on the thrill of the newness of it.

lemondrplvr 02-01-2010 12:28 PM

That's awesome Eliana!!! I love hearing the people are starting to notice. On Friday a vendor came up to me and said "Please dont' take offense to this, but are you losing weight?" I laughed and said "Yup!"

Later that evening I went out to dinner & drinks with old co-workers. Some whom I haven't seen in several months. The first things out of their mouths while running up and giving them a hug was "Tami you are looking SO good!!!" I still don't see it, not sure I ever will! lol

lights76 02-01-2010 12:28 PM

yup - people are finally noticing - 40 pounds down for me!

jay41 02-01-2010 01:21 PM

I am almost 100 pounds down and nobody at work has said a word. I was 85 pounds down when my mom finally said my face looked thinner and "don't worry because you always lose weight there first and the rest will start coming off in no time".

I am down 10 sizes -- you think somebody around me would notice -- but I realize weight is a touchy subject for most people so maybe I have to get to goal before they will say anything (or not).

Nikki6kidsmom 02-01-2010 01:48 PM

Awesome! I am so happy for you!! I saw a old friend Saturday night and she stopped mid sentence and said, OMG you've lost a ton of weight! What are you doing???

Great feeling, isn't it?? Congrats chick!

Technosexual 02-01-2010 02:31 PM

Even when I got down to 190 lbs. last year, no one really said anything. But, that's alright.

I've lost about ten pounds so far, and even though it's not a lot, I keep getting surprised every time I see my face in the mirror. It already looks thinner, and even if no one else notices, that's alright. :D

I'd like to say congrats to everyone who has had someone notice, though! I'm sure it's a huge ego boost! You go, girls!

Eliana 02-01-2010 02:47 PM

My father in law hugged me the other day and said I was "disappearing". :D He was a bit dramatic, but he earned himself an additional kiss. ;)

Eliana 02-01-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay41 (Post 3129254)
I am almost 100 pounds down and nobody at work has said a word. I was 85 pounds down when my mom finally said my face looked thinner and "don't worry because you always lose weight there first and the rest will start coming off in no time".

I am down 10 sizes -- you think somebody around me would notice -- but I realize weight is a touchy subject for most people so maybe I have to get to goal before they will say anything (or not).

Really? That's crazy! I bet a lot of people noticed but were afraid to say anything and now they've missed their window.

Did you clear things up with your mom? My mom did a similar thing. When I'd lost 27 lbs she held up some XXL clothes to me that were hers and gave me a lecture about sizing and how wearing smaller sizes only makes me look bigger. :rolleyes: The opposite is true too! Anyway, I told her I had just lost 27 lbs and she was pretty embarrassed.

cfmama 02-01-2010 03:33 PM

very very cool!!!!

JustBeckyV 02-01-2010 06:40 PM

That is great! I love hearing it lol I get told if I don't slow down I am gonna blow away lol Not hardly!

traci in training 02-01-2010 07:11 PM

jay41 - do you work at a school for the blind or something??? How can no one notice 100 pounds? Or do you REALLY need to go shopping for some clothes that fit? 100 pounds is freaking AMAZING, dude! Great job!!!

lovemyboy 02-01-2010 07:41 PM

That's awesome!

Jay41 - How on earth can no one notice 100 pounds?! Perhaps they need eye exams.