3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   a hodgepodge, mix and match, assorted potpourri of a post... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/192641-hodgepodge-mix-match-assorted-potpourri-post.html)

matt_H 01-29-2010 01:49 PM

a hodgepodge, mix and match, assorted potpourri of a post...

- In terms of the "weight loss challenge" sticky, its great that so many people signed up! Starting next week, I'll be logging the weight that you have lost for the month of January. Even if you joined late (for part of the month) please put in your losses (or gain, it can happen) sometime during the first week of February. I will create an excel sheet that will compute the total loss for our group for that month. I'll post our total sometime next weekend. If you haven't signed up for it, see the sticky and you can either wait to join in February or post your losses for January if you've already kept track somewhere else.

- Does anybody have co-workers that seem to want to sabotage your weight loss efforts? Since I've lost weight, it seems like every day there is another mound of food in the mail room. I don't know who is bringing it in, but its pretty much every day. The water cooler is in the mail room too, so I pass by this gauntlet a couple of times a day. I never eat any of that stuff and when I walk out with just my cup of water, I notice a look of disappointment of some of the faces of my co-workers! Also, one women must have emailed me 5 times about attending a pizza party next week and how she hopes I can go (and how there will be lots of cookies and assorted sweets to go with the pizza). One day she says how great it is that I lost weight and then the next day all she wants to do is tell me about some food based event.

- I've been really getting into running lately and I can see so many positive changes both to my endurance as well as to my body. I have leg muscles I never thought I had! I've completed a couple of 5K races and I have two more coming up that I'm doing in Februrary. I also have signed up for a 10K race in April. After that, I'm going to attempt a half marathon in the fall. Maybe in 2011 I will complete a marathon! :carrot:

- I've noticed so many of you are SOOOOO close to reaching onderland. So awesome!! :D

ubergirl 01-29-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt_H (Post 3124604)
-

Also, one women must have emailed me 5 times about attending a pizza party next week and how she hopes I can go (and how there will be lots of cookies and assorted sweets to go with the pizza). One day she says how great it is that I lost weight and then the next day all she wants to do is tell me about some food based event.

Doesn't sound like sabotage to me... sounds like she thinks you're hot. ;)

thistoo 01-29-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 3124606)
Doesn't sound like sabotage to me... sounds like she thinks you're hot. ;)

What she said. :D You are looking fantastic in your new avatar, Matt, and if we can tell from a little picture, surely your coworkers are noticing!

calluna 01-29-2010 02:22 PM

I'll bet they are too ! She'd be shocked to hear that her enticements make her a saboteur.

That said, I do have that. During our team retreat someone brought *truffles*, there are candy dishes spaced along the table ("Here, you want some? They're delicious! I love truffles, don't you?", and pizza was on the agenda for lunch. I brought mine...

cheers!

BeachBreeze2010 01-29-2010 04:23 PM

Yes, she's trying to tempt sumpthin'! Take the junk food and weight loss stuff away and you get down to someone going out of thier way to invite you to an event she's going to be at. :wink:

I know what you mean though, people seem to be testing me to see if I will say it out loud - yes, I am eating better and avoiding the junk - feel better?? LOL!

Thanks for organizing the 2010 weight loss challenge! I am very excited to see what will happen this year!!

dragonwoman64 01-29-2010 04:50 PM

yes, women tend to think the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! ha! In the (somewhat distant now) past, I've baked cookies for guys I've liked (I don't remember them saying they were dieting).

bf's brother has this tendency, whenever there's a gift giving occasion, to give me boxes of chocolate (!). he knows I'm working to lose weight, so I find it kind of aggravating.

dragonwoman64 01-29-2010 04:51 PM

yes, women tend to think the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! ha! In the (somewhat distant now) past, I've baked cookies for guys I've liked (I don't remember them saying they were dieting).

bf's brother has this tendency, whenever there's a gift giving occasion, to give me boxes of chocolate (!). he knows I'm working to lose weight, so I find it kind of aggravating.

FitGirlyGirl 01-29-2010 05:06 PM

- I totally missed the challenge thing, I'll head over to join in a minute. I do have my January weights already tracked of course.

- I think the other chicks may be right, she may be after you if she's single. If this same woman often shows saboteur behavior then maybe talk to her about it. I have just told the people I have to be around all the time what I need for them to do or not do.

- I'm just now taking baby steps into running again after getting derailed in the fall. I am loving it and I too hope to eventually run a marathon.

- I noticed the Komen 3 Day in your signature. I'm jealous. I don't live close enough to any of the places they are holding it and can't manage the travel right now. One day...

lovemyboy 01-29-2010 05:15 PM

Yes I have coworkers in my business about my weight. I was told today that I was "too skinny". At just under 200 pounds, I think not. The BMI chart says obese. When walking by the food table I usually tabulate the nutrition info in my head so I know how costly it would be to eat and/or imagine all the people who have already helped themselves before I got there without washing their hands or double-dipped, etc. Yesterday, I had fudge, a brownie and two pieces of chocolate brought to my desk by three different people. I'm seriously contemplating lieing and telling people that Im diabetic!! I just put the stuff in a drawer and tossed it later. I think some women base their opinion of themselves on how others say they like their cooking or else some folks would not get offended if you turned down the food.

Thanks for organizing the challenge and tabulating the results. I'm hoping and it is looking like I will be able to post a 5 lb loss for January.