NSV! I'm An Inspiration!!

• Well, I had a bad night last night, DD's last goldfish died and then she had an upset tummy during the night, so didn't get much sleep.
    I did think of missing the gym today but it's official weigh in day for me today so it was my last chance workout (if you're addicted to Biggest Loser like me )
    So I forced myself out of the door and down to the gym, and just pushed myself through it. When I was on the treadmill however two girls came onto the two treadmills next to me and I could feel them looking at me every so often. I don't like being watched when I workout so felt a bit uncomfortable. Anyway, I carried on with my workout and after I had done my ab work one of the girls came over to me and asked how on earth I did the ab exercises as she couldn't do them herself. I explained I'd been coming to the gym for 6 months and had only started doing ab exercises just before christmas, and I'd built up slowly to where I am now. She was really complimentary and said she'd seen me at the gym before christmas and I always seemed to work so hard. She asked me to show her how to do some of the ab exercises and although I suggested she should get one of the instructors to do it she asked if I'd show her because she felt uncomfortable asking instructors at the moment. So I showed her the basic ones I'd started with, remembering what my instructor had told me and left her to it.
    Then when I was about to go on my last machine the other girl came over and asked me how much weight I'd lost. Now I don't mind telling people how much I've lost, it's how much more I want to lose I don't tell people at the moment. So I told her 4st 1lb (57lbs) and her face was a picture, she actually started clapping and saying wow well done, you've done so well, you should be so proud of yourself, I want to lose that amount! I was a little embarrassed at all the attention but said thanks and went on my way.
    Then when I'd finally finished my workout I had to walk past the two girls to go back to the changing rooms and they both said, we can't stop talking about you, you're such an inspirations!!!!
    That was such a buzz for me today. I know I've done well, but I started off 6 months ago as probably THE biggest girl in the gym. Now I'm probably still ONE of the biggest girls, but I've come so far in my fitness as well as the weight loss and to be thought of as an inspiration to someone else is just mind blowing.
  • Awwwww Yay for you! Also yay for them that they were brave enough to be so open in telling you they thought so. They are right, you know!
  • That's awesome!!!!!
  • Very Cool!! You must feel like you are floating above the ground today!
  • Wow, that's so cool! Congrats on all your hard work, you're definitely an inspiration!!!!
  • That is so awesome! I am so glad that you got to hear that and feel that. You deserve it!!!
  • Wow! Congrats on inspiring other people . You've done so much for your health!
  • You are just that...AN INSPIRATION! Congrats on your achievements!
  • Well, good for you! What a rush! I'm really impressed they were brave enough to say something. It makes you wonder just how many people THINK it. It does make you feel good.
  • that has to feel wonderful, and such a great way to keep motivated.