3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I NEED chocolate!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/192384-i-need-chocolate.html)

Eliana 01-27-2010 01:19 PM

I NEED chocolate!!

And it isn't TOM! LOL!

Argh, I hate this! I so rarely have strong cravings. My only option is the vending machine. Maybe I can get a pack of M&M's and savor 4-5 of them. I'm actually capable of that. :dizzy:

Eliana 01-27-2010 01:21 PM

Oh wait! No cash! Crap! :devil:

JayEll 01-27-2010 01:26 PM

So just forget about it! C'mon, in the larger scheme of things, you can live many, many hours without a single M&M. :lol:

Jay

Sskar 01-27-2010 01:28 PM

First of all :rofl: at title of your post! My immediate thought was, "no you don't need chocolate" - then my compassionate side and the lurking chocolate lobe of my brain emerged and said, "Why not? Just because I can't eat 4-5 M&M's and not put on a feed bag doesn't mean she can't."

So, you go girl and enjoy every molecule of the cocoa bean. :drool:

jewels05 01-27-2010 01:29 PM

Ugh! I know the feeling! I had the cravings last night after dinner... I had a 100 Calorie pack of cookies bc i knew I still had wiggle room in my daily calories... But I HATE having those cravings!

calluna 01-27-2010 01:35 PM

You are a better woman than I am! I am not capable of eating only 4-5 m&ms.

In fact, I have had one bite of chocolate (within plan) in the last month and I must keep it that way. The ravening, sweet-craving monster lurks, slavering, in the wings!

cathydoe 01-27-2010 01:36 PM

Wow you can only eat 4-5 m'n'ms? Holy Buckets! Good 4 u!

HaleyisLove 01-27-2010 01:44 PM

I'm staring at a bowl of M&M's at work and I think I maybe at 7...but thats it just 7... I was like really these arent that good...

cfmama 01-27-2010 01:47 PM

You don't NEED the chocolate... every single time you DENY yourself that chocolate you are saying YES to a slimmer and healthier you. And if you are going to have chocolate... at least make it good chocolate ;)

And yah... there'd be no way I could only eat 4 or 5. Okay maybe 4 or 5 at a time... repeated until the bag was gone! lol!!!

Eliana 01-27-2010 01:53 PM

So nice to not be alone! :D And I hope I don't trigger anyone else. :o

If I crave something, whether salty or chocolatey, I find if I eat just a tiny amount it stops the craving, whereas if I don't indulge my craving, I will eat a lot of something else. For instance, dinner isn't over until I have a piece of chocolate. But just a little Hershey's Kiss will do it. I figure it's better to eat the kiss than go back for seconds.

Eliana 01-27-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfmama (Post 3120272)
You don't NEED the chocolate... every single time you DENY yourself that chocolate you are saying YES to a slimmer and healthier you. And if you are going to have chocolate... at least make it good chocolate ;)

And yah... there'd be no way I could only eat 4 or 5. Okay maybe 4 or 5 at a time... repeated until the bag was gone! lol!!!

LOL! I have a way of making food last. I like to suck on each piece until the candy coating is gone. Peanut M&M's are great because after the candy coating is gone there's another layer of chocolate to suck on. Then I even suck on the peanut for a while. So my 4-5 M&M's can last a good ten minutes.

Weird. :rolleyes: I know.

lackadaisy 01-27-2010 02:05 PM

Try Godiva's "chocoiste" line. Very, very full of flavor and in a nice sealed tin you can keep in your purse. 5 calories per little dark or milk chocolate pearl. I LOVE them.

marigrace 01-27-2010 03:00 PM

When I deny myself something I am really craving, I usually end up compensating , and doing alot more damage in the long run..... I am all for a little bit of the really good stuff...or sometimes, some skim milk with cocoa powder and a little sugar (or sweetener) will hit the spot.

FitGirlyGirl 01-27-2010 03:16 PM

I have to take care of cravings by having at least a little of it too. If I don't then bad things happen! I am also a chocoholic and could never eat 4,5,or 7 M&Ms without the whole bag/bowl suddenly being in my tummy. I take care of my chocolate cravings now with Green & Black's Organic Dark chocolate - I get 85%. It is soooo good, but sadly, becoming harder and harder for me to find.

ubergirl 01-27-2010 03:49 PM

You don't need chocolate.

Nobody needs chocolate.