Which online calorie calculator do you use?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Are they all about same? I am looking for something that is super user friendly and easy to use.

I appreciate your help!!
  • I just discovered caloriecounter.about.com. You can put a family recipe in there and it spits out an analysis! Very cool.

I haven't found any I'm particularly thrilled with for entering in one food item. I like fitday, but if I enter "egg", for instance, I have to sift through hundreds of different preparations and I think it lists the egg's family tree. LOL! I don't care who its parents are, I just want to know how many calories are in an egg!
  • i use fitday.com, but i almost exclusively enter custom foods - they simply don't have a lot of the things i eat in their databank!
  • I use the Daily Plate on livestrong. They just put out a new beta and I rather like it. It makes putting food in a lot easier than the old one, but you don't always get to see the descriptions.
  • I use fitday even though it's a pain. I'm a creature of habit. The nice thing is that once you've entered a lot of custom foods you can use the "see my recent foods" and it's pretty straightforward. The bad thing is I'm too lazy to input nutrition info on the custom foods-- I just put the calories.
  • I use Fitday. I have had decent luck finding things but sometimes you have to try both the search and the browse feature to find what you are looking for. I also have created a lot of custom foods, but the nice thing is that once you create it, it's always there and easily found the next time. At this point, almost everything I eat is on my current foods list, so it's mostly go back through those, and sometimes adjusting the portion sizes.
  • Second for the Daily Plate
  • I'm a Fitday user - have had it for years. I am something of a geek, though - I use the PC version on my desktop. I use the online account so I can add stuff from work or somewhere else and then sync with my computer later. I don't have trouble finding things because I type much of it in the item box.

By and large I really like it, though I agree that Fitday would do well to have more regular food database updates.
  • Third for the Daily Plate. I LOVE it! I even have the app for my Blackberry and the two synch together.
  • i use Fitday as well, and like others have said, for the most part i made my own 'custom' foods, it was easier than going through a dozen pages to find the right one LOL and as I'm a creature of habit and eat the same things a lot it's super easy to plug it in now! I still get a little jolt of elation when i plug everything in and realize i have 200 cals left to go LOL
  • 4th for the Daily Plate. Their new version just rolled out a month or so ago and it's amazing. Super fast to input. There has never been a packaged or restaurant chain food I want to input that isn't in the DB.
  • 5th for the daily plate. A lot of times I eat the same meals especially for breakfast and it allows me to save food combos as meals and I can just plug them in as I go. The simplier the more I will use it!!!
  • I recently switched from Fitday to the Daily Plate. Like others I found the convenience of having the foods I eat already in the database too alluring to pass up.
  • I decided to check it out too. I'm going to use them side by side for a while and see which I prefer in the long run.
  • I use Fitday. I enjoy knowing that no, I am not getting enough potassium.
    Maybe the other sites do that as well, but Fitday and I have been together for so long already.