so what's for dinner TONIGHT?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • We're having boneless sole fillets with salt free lemon herb seasoning. I'm having two large fillets at 180 calories.

We're also having baked cauliflower with Olive oil, cracked pepper and tons of salt free garlic seasoning. Mmmm... going to be sooo good! I'm having two cups of of the cauliflower mixture for around 200 calories.

So what are you having tonight? And what's the calorie count?
  • Curried chicken breast with onion, & tomato ginger and garlic on a bed of kasha.... 525 yummy calories
  • Not too creative tonight. We had salad and a frozen California Pizza Kitchen pizza, came in at 501, but it was really good.
  • Pan seared chicken breast chunks in homemade gravy (using cream of chicken soup) with mashed potatoes and baby carrots. 6oz of chicken, 1/3c gravy, 150 gm of potatoes and 125 gm of carrots came to 498 cal
  • Quote: Pan seared chicken breast chunks in homemade gravy (using cream of chicken soup) with mashed potatoes and baby carrots. 6oz of chicken, 1/3c gravy, 150 gm of potatoes and 125 gm of carrots came to 498 cal
    Yum, that sounds good. How did you make the gravy? Just the soup?
  • This is a link to the recipe I used Chicken "tips" with gravy It's just the soup, 3/4 can of water (could use a little less), gravy master, instant coffee granules, and worcestershire (sp?)
  • That would be, chicken, and lettuce! The usual! I don't know the calorie count...probably fairly low I would guess.
  • Navy bean soup, vegetarian style. 1c is about 240 cals. May have 2c or have 1.5 and slice of whole grain bread at 145 cal.

FWIW, once a week we usually make a soup of some kind - split pea, navy bean, 13-bean, lentil, BRM Vegi soup, etc.. Sometimes with meat but often without. It makes a family meal or so and then I have solid lunches or dinners when the others are eating stuff I want to stay away from.
  • Spinach salad with hard boiled egg whites and babybell light cheese in a whole wheat pita with snap peas on the side. The kids had the snap peas and mac & cheese.
  • Homemade veggie chili served over a little pile of brown rice- about 500 calories. I LOVE chili night, lol...
  • I gave up my plan for dinner since hubby had his lunch at about 4 and didn't want dinner. I ended up having Weight Watchers Chicken Santa Fe and 3/4 cup of a brown and wild rice blend for a total of 276 calories (sooo yummy!). That was too little though and now I'm hungry so I am thinking of some PB2 on a whole grain sandwich thin and a few of the awesome cherries I found at the grocery today.
  • I've got a bunch of veggies I got at the greengrocer earlier this week that need to be used, like, NOW. So I am stir-frying, in a tiny bit of ghee, one small sweet potato, about 150 grams of baby white potatoes, lots of fresh garlic, a bunch of bell peppers, an onion, and some cabbage greens with various Indian spices. I may whip up a bit of cucumber/mint raita to go with it, and I'll probably make some quinoa or brown basmati rice to go with it. Not sure what the calories will work out to be, but I'll weigh everything and toss it into my recipe counter thingie before cooking.
  • Last night is was boiled potatoes with skin, lite cheese sauce, steamed carrots with ginger and cinn.
    320 calories
  • My hubby ate a late lunch and didnt want dinner. I ended up having 2tbs of peanut butter on a thin bun. 290 calories
  • tonight

cheese toast, tomato soup, veggie strips

300 calories