3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   shopping and shoes, OH MY! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/191573-shopping-shoes-oh-my.html)

ubergirl 01-20-2010 11:16 AM

shopping and shoes, OH MY!

I had a little time to kill with my daughter yesterday, so we wandered into a shoe store.

I used to love wearing heels, but for the last few years, if I tried on a more strappy shoe or a heel I just couldn't get it on my feet-- pinch pinch... I figured my feet had just spread from four kids and age. My feet were never visibly fat that I could see...

But yesterday, I started trying on spike heeled pumps and, I put them on and my foot just slid right into them, like Cinderella and the glass slipper :)

I came out with a pair of ankle high black boots with a four inch heel. They were so high I could barely remember how to walk in them. But they did not pinch my feet at all. I almost bought a pair of strappy pumps too.

We went next store to TJ MAXX and I thought all the clothes got bigger... I didn't try anything on, but I saw tons of regular sized clothes that I knew would fit.

This is JUST CRAZY!

SNMomof1 01-20-2010 11:40 AM

I don't know how to walk in heels, but when I get nearer my goal I definitely want to learn! Major congrats. You need to take a pic of those sassy boots for us to see!

SNMomof1 01-20-2010 11:42 AM

Ugh... why did that post 3x?? Sorry!

JulieJ08 01-20-2010 11:52 AM

I sure *wish* losing weight made heels comfortable.

Congratulations, sounds like you're having well-deserved fun :D

ubergirl 01-20-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieJ08 (Post 3106111)
I sure *wish* losing weight made heels comfortable.

Congratulations, sounds like you're having well-deserved fun :D

:D Well *comfort* is relative.

I kinda doubt I could wear them all day, but if you knew what a mild-mannered soccer mom persona I have you'd pretty much know why I wanted the boots. :devil: :D

Judy Lynn 01-20-2010 12:19 PM

Cool! Have fun with those boots.

time2lose 01-20-2010 12:57 PM

That sounds like so much fun! As I have had wide feet all my life, I don't think that I could ever wear heels but enjoy hearing about it!

Way to go!

S.A.S.H 01-20-2010 02:57 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE SHOES!!!!!! Sadly, I can never wear anything because 1: My weight makes it hurt, and 2: my feet are so wide that I have all this extra room in length. I have to buy things with straps so they don't fall off.

I am so hoping that I will lose some of the width in my feet too and can wear my normal length. That being said, I COMPLETELY understand your excitement!

Congrats and have fun with those boots! ;) :lol:

cfmama 01-20-2010 03:43 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that phase! When you begin to realize you are NORMAL SIZED and that there are SO MANY MORE things that are available to you! Even now that I can wear size 14-16 I am astounded that I CAN WEAR THOSE SIZES!!!!

Rosinante 01-20-2010 05:41 PM

Congratulations! What a fantastic way to feel!

Trazey34 01-20-2010 06:02 PM

i went a bit mental on my "shoe epiphany week" hahahh I loveeeee to buy new shoes that don't give me foot muffin top LOL wedges are wicked, as they give you the height and elongate the leg, but still give some sturdy support to my bee-hind :)

marigrace 01-20-2010 06:07 PM

Feel the power, you sexy you !

ubergirl 01-20-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trazey34 (Post 3106932)
i went a bit mental on my "shoe epiphany week" hahahh I loveeeee to buy new shoes that don't give me foot muffin top LOL wedges are wicked, as they give you the height and elongate the leg, but still give some sturdy support to my bee-hind :)

Heeheheee... so it's not just me, LOL. :carrot::carrot:

It's so odd, since I can't see any change in my feet-- they didn't look puffy before, but all of a sudden, SHOES FIT! No wedges for me... I went SPIKE all the way. Now let's see if I dare wear them out of the house.

And cfmama, I remember when you were posting stuff about that, and I kept wondering how long it would take me to get to the place, and then all of a sudden, I realized that I'm pretty much there! I totally plateaud out for a while there, but that was also when I started running and lifting, and all of a sudden I started dropping inches and just getting smaller!!!!!

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I have this bizarre sensation that I'm staying the same but that STUFF is getting bigger. Even other people seem to be getting bigger.

It's SO WEIRD! But FUN!

HeidiNicole 01-20-2010 08:43 PM

I am sooo hoping that my feet shrink...I am an 11w on a good day, really a 12 and it is such a PITA to find cute shoes...I'm hoping to be a 10 since that's what I was in HS.

Have fun with your cute new shoes!

DCHound 01-20-2010 09:42 PM

Surreal, isn't it?!

I realized, like, yesterday...if the average woman in the US wears a size 14...and my size 14s are baggy and look like crap...that *might* mean I am smaller than the average woman in the US......???????? ME?!?!