Old 01-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/244/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Lost 10lbs my first week, but......

Well I started a new eating plan 1/6/2010, on 1/14/2010 I had lost 10lbs. However i wasn't excited, i wasn't engergized, I wasn't anything. I still was morning the loss of food. I decided while my coworker who is helping me has my best interest at heart, his complete way is not going to work for me. I was so afraid I was going to quit. I decided to go to Weight Watchers. I went to my first meeting on Thursday, and while I hate to pay the meeting fees, I think this is the way I need to go. There are so many more food options while being on Weight Watchers. We'll see Thursday if I lost anymore weight. I'm sure it won't be as rapid as my first week as I'm eating real foods, but I'm still being very careful about portions, and watching the type of foods I eat. I'm a terrible convienence eater, and I need to be able to microwave things from time to time. Eating from scratch everymeal is not going to work for me. So I'm still moving forward, and hoping I'm making wise decisions. I miss being skinny and pretty. Is anyone else doing weight watchers?
moveforward73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I'm not doing WW, but I did want to say -- don't put so much pressure on yourself!

Of course you will come up with quickie meals you can microwave that won't be from scratch. And of course what works for your co-worker may not work for you (in fact, I'm a little alarmed you implied you were not eating "real food" since real food is great).

I think it's great you've gone to WW and if you can afford it, the meeting fees are a small price to pay for the guidance and support of something that may work for you.

Just remember this is about what works for you and as long as you can stick to it, that's all that matters.

Good luck!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm really stoked for you that you didn't quit, but found something that works for you instead! With all the plans out there to effectively lose weight, there's no reason to give up, but most of us do. Good for you! And hey, if WW doesn't work, there's something else out there that will.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #4  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

Good for you not quitting!!!!

I'm sure you'll find the WOL/WOE that's right for you - which is, after all, the most important thing!!
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

In my view, the only way to have long term weight loss is to do something that works for you and that you can do for the long term. I think you made a wise choice by switching to something that you can live with. Even if the weight does come off more slowly (which is not a bad thing in my opinion), you are much more apt to stick with it.

J

Last edited by LotusMama; 01-19-2010 at 09:30 AM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

for not giving up! I hope ww works better for you than the other plan did. Over in the diets section there is a section for people doing ww, you might be able to find tips and things there too.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 350/ticker/164

Height: 5'8

I agree with PPs, its great that you realized it wasnt working for you and instead of giving up you decided to seek out something you thought would better suit your needs. WTG!
HeidiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

So glad you didn't quit. It's really about finding something you can really LIVE with. You can fill in meals with the ww frozen dinners now and then. Some are tasty.

Perhaps, you won't lose quite as fast on ww. But, in the long run...in years from now 'how long' it takes isn't as important as finding a lifestyle.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #9  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb

Congratulations Moveforward on your initial start at losing weight and regaining your health.

One of the most difficult aspects of reclaiming my life as a former "thin" person is learning to listen to my own inner voice. I was a people pleaser when I was thin and I carried that right along with me as I gained all of this extra weight. I doubt myself all the time, even though I recognize that in me. I have found that the best way to be rid of people pleasing is to make decisions that you can "own". The more you do that the stronger you will feel. Expect some other people's feathers to get ruffled. That is the key turning point though when you can make a decision and no one else may agree with you.

As long as you are losing your weight in a healthy and safe way, the actual mechanics are really an individual choice. Not everyone will agree with you. Expect that so when it does happen you won't be upset. For awhile you will feel outside of your comfort zone but the more you practice listening to your own wisdom the closer you will be to finding out what will help you lose weight and then keep it off.

As they say in the 12 Step programs "Take what you want and leave the rest!" Works for me!

Good Luck and God Bless!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

I'm doing Weight Watchers too! I really do like it. This is the beginning of my third week back and I'm way more satisfied than I have been on previous weight loss attempts. It's true...I am the type of person who can loose 10 pounds the first week, at least 5 the second, etc. BUT I have never been able to stick to these programs in the long term. I made the decision, like you, to try something different this time. I've found WW to be much more realistic for me. Sure the weight doesn't come off as fast, but what good does it do to loose it really fast if it's just going to come back on when you can't maintain the strict regimen anymore (At least that's my story)? If I wanted a different outcome than every other time before, I needed to take a different approach than every other time. This time around I've lost about 10 pounds in two weeks. It sounds like you made the right choice for yourself, and you should be proud of that! You didn't just break and quit (which is what I have done in the past). Congrats on choosing to take care of YOU! I'm new here too, so I'm a little confused regarding the whole "buddy" thing or how you can contact other members directly, but feel free to contact me if you have any WW questions, or just need some support. We can do this!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

I'm so excited for you that you didn't quit, that instead, you found a way to get healthier and happier that works for you! Good for you!

I haven't tried WW (I probably should but I'm very shy and I just don't feel like I could do it) but my sister and neice did and they lost a whole bunch of pounds and gained better health and they both swear by the program.

You are so smart for recognizing that a program that feels like punishment - too much deprivation - won't work in the long run. Slow and steady wins the race, and each day, you will be giving your body delicious, healthy food to help it be energized and strong, and each month, you will see a good change in the scale and in how clothes fit, how you feel, etc.

Applauding you as you take the first very hard steps in your journey to a healthier, happier new you!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #12  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on not giving up and getting redirected. You have to figure out what works best for you and a plan you can follow and be happy with. That is the best way to make it work! Good luck!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good for you not giving up.

If you cook one big pot of soup or a casserole or something healthy once a week, you can freeze single serving portions and then just microwave them for lunch or dinner, like you would a frozen meal. After awhile you'll have a variety in the freezer, too!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 264/244/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much for your support. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with failed attempts at this. I feel better this week, it's a struggle still. I love my old food, but I'm trying to come up with a system of weight loss and reward with one of my other foods for a certain amount lost. Like here are my favorites, and hope I don't make y'all hungry... Lunch is my major weakness. My favorite lunch was Gyro sandwhich, large helping of fries, and salad with awsome ranch dressing, with ranch dressing on the side to dip my fries in. If I can lose enough weight I was thinking of rewarding myself with this meal modified.... Gyro salad, with the vinagarette dressing. It won't be the same, but it still stays within line of my plan. My other favorite was 3 Chicago Hot dogs, with Cheese fries. Oh my do i love them. My modified would be maybe 1 or 2 hot dogs, no fries.

I really appreciate everyone's help. I have a very drama filled life with no real friends. I have a wonderful wild two year old daughter, but what comes with that is an awful leech of an ex who mentally, physcially, and financially drains me. I work full time 10 hour days, with hour drive time, I have moved back to the family farm to help out and to get help with my daughter due to my hours at work, and daily chores are so difficult with my schedule. Since I fork out so much money to my ex, I try to get him to do some of the work as payment, which will never be repaid in amount of work vs. money he owes me. Ugggggg. Food was the only thing that made me feel satisfied in this crazy life of mine, and I took that away. So this is really hard for me, but I really really really miss being pretty and I was when I was thinner.
moveforward73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 231/217/170

Height: 5'11

I hope WW works for you. It worked for me 2 years ago. Since then I have had a baby and I have decided today to start my weight loss journey again. I will be starting WW meetings soon!
Donna28 is offline   Reply With Quote