Slinking back into the fold...Hello everyone. New again.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello everyone. I thought, perhaps, I should re-introduce myself. I've seen many faces I remember (though, some are MUCH thinner! ), and a few new faces. I have been gone a few months, trying to deal with health issues, family issues, financial issues...you name it, I've been dealing with it. I just figured, I didn't have the time or the energy left to deal with me, so I sorta just stopped. Let me tell you, it hasn't been fun. I've seen about 10-14 pounds come back and my self-esteem is in the toilet. I made the decision that there are always going to be issues, so that is no longer an excuse to neglect my health, happiness and well being. I have a family to take care of; 4 little boys, and a husband and they need me. On the road I am going, they won't have me for long. So I am starting anew; I will not lie, I will be needy and whiny at times, but I hope to be a friend to others here as well.

So here I am, AGAIN. I hope to be here (and successful) for a long time. My mom is trying to lose weight again, so that will sorta help. (Though, she is the QUEEN of unhealthy dieting.) I wish she'd come here...

I am also going back to University tomorrow!!!! I am excited and nervous! (Like I don't have enough on my plate.) I am taking online only classes but it is all part of my plan for a happier, healthier me. I have a short term goal of Onederland by my next birthday. I quit right when I was so close to Onderland's gates that I could almost smell the success. This time, I plan on entering those gates and LOCKING them behind me.

Thanks. I am a bit long winded...sorry. Its lack of grown-up conversation.
  • Hello and welcome back!

Cheers,

J
  • Welcome back!!!!
  • Welcome back! And congrats on starting University! That's so exciting!! Time to put yourself first!!!

Romance Diva-I love your quote: "If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse" That's so true!
  • I haven't been here long - so I'm saying "hello" instead of "welcome back"! It sounds like you've really thought through why you quit before and what's going to be different this time....that's so important.

Good luck!! (I'm a Buckeye also)
  • Hi Sarah Welcome to the flock !
  • Welcome back, but don't slink! Walk in with your head up - everyone here has confidence in you so you should, too!
  • Quote: I made the decision that there are always going to be issues, so that is no longer an excuse to neglect my health, happiness and well being.
    This is such an important realization!! I don't know why, but it's so much easier to view taking care of ourselves as more overwhelming than being fat and unhealthy - when the opposite is the real truth.

Welcome back and good luck!
  • Welcome back!
  • Oh I am soooooo happy to see you back! I've missed you
  • I so relate to your post! I have 5 kids and am starting a new semester of classes tomorrow as well, and I am paranoid about getting so overwhelmed that I neglect to plan meals and scheduled exercise - and I CANNOT do this unless I do both of those. I am excited to have someone else along on a very similar, challenging journey!
  • back Sarah! Good Luck!
  • Hi Sarah, glad you are back!
  • Welcome back! I still feel "kinda new" and I don't post TONS but I feel inspired by so many here. So glad you're back!
  • Awe, don't slink in, run in here with a big grin! You are so strong to confront your health issues and work to change them, especially with a family and school on your plate (I sympathize!) and if you can sensibly lose weight through this (and you CAN!) then nothing is impossible for you.

It is GOOD to see you again, welcome back!!!