This little chickie....

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • CHANGED HER AVATAR!!!

Yesterday was an AMAZING day. First, I went shopping and bought myself some size 14W jeans... and yes, that's still a plus size, but they were FOURTEENS... (when I started, I was a 26-28). Then, I DARED to walk into a non-plus size store and try on a size extra-large. I was so ecstatic that it fit that I was going to buy it on the spot-- until my daughters told me it was TOO BIG! I have been shopping plus size stores for so long that I never realized that the size 1X is actually smaller than a regular store's extra-large depending on the brand...

Then, when I got home from shopping, my daughter and I went to the gym, where we RAN on the track and lifted together. My daughter, whom I have trouble talking into going with me to the gym, said it was fun and would go any time. She's fifteen and I have NEVER run with her before. She was pretty amazed.

Then, the piece de resistance! When I got up this morning I had FINALLY dropped that stubborn pound. It took me 5 weeks to get from 228 to 225, but

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weight loss is about SO MUCH MORE than looks. It is truly life-changing!
  • So, so proud of you!!
  • Well good for you! You've waited a long time to change that darn ticker. And I bet your daughters love clothes shopping with you! I don't know about you, but I used to hate clothes shopping, so what a change, huh?

• It sounds like you had a wonderful day and dropping that pound you've been waiting for makes it all gravy!
  • congrats!!
  • I am SO FREAKING HAPPY for you!!!!!!!! What a day what a day what a day!!!!!
  • Wow,that is so nice to hear!
  • Woohooo!!!!!!!!!! That is absolutely awesome!!! I'm so happy for you
  • Wow, Congratulations! You are doing great!
  • Wow. What wonderful things are happening! Congratulations on all your success and the sweetness of seeing the scale move too! Yay! Go you!
  • Woohoo! GREAT day!! Congrats on the smaller size, AND the 70 pounds lost!!

-Aimee
  • Awesome!
  • I like the new avatar. It looks good on you.
  • Fanfreakingtastic! I hate clothes shopping and when I lost the weight last time, I couldn't stay out of the mall! Here's to not staying out of the mall again!!!!
  • Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!