Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #31  
Reluctant Adult

Hola, chickies!!

Nice to see everyone posting and encouraging each other!! What an awesome bunch of women!!

dgramie, go, girl!! Just keep plugging away, and results will follow. I think you're doing great!!

Beverlyjoy, I am sending good thoughts your way for the cold to be gone. Horrible how they can just hang on and on and on.... you'll be back on track as soon as you can be, I know that!!

rakel, keep working on the positive self-thought!! What you're doing is HARD, so be sure to give yourself lots of credit for doing well!!

soulnik, you have this unflappable calm in your approach to weight loss... we can all take a page. Nice work!! Pull along that BL team of yours!!

mj5, LOL, I love the idea of enlisting your niece to keep you honest in your exercise!! Very creative, and will no doubt be effective as well. I admire you for working through your pain and other obstacles to keep doing whatever is necessary to accomplish your goals!!

GirlyGirlSebas, you're prepping for the long haul... you'll know when the time is right. When you're ready, you're ready -- and not a moment sooner!! One day, you'll be a Nike commercial... you'll just do it.

Brandijune44, welcome!! How did the weight lifting go?? Your plan and your exercise look great -- you're already an inspiration!!

I'm hanging in with the food, still no reportable progress on exercise... unless you count mucking out the barn and henhouse... my wonderful handyman is leaving after today and I won't be able to watch him chop wood <slurp> for a few weeks. Probably just as well, with the sweetie (paramour? FWB?) turning up in just a couple of weeks... don't mind me, I've clearly moved out of the Grieving Widow stage and into the Merry Widow stage...

I did have a rather nasty shock a few days ago... I decided to put the feet on my Wii Fit balance board because the weight measurement kept bouncing all over the place... well, it settled. Six pounds heavier!! So my ticker is a little white lie at the moment, but not for long!!

Rae's menu for the day:

Breakfast: hardboiled egg, 2 slices deli ham, 1 light BabyBel cheese, 12 oz. V-8 juice

Lunch: Chicken burrito with lots of veg, beans, whole wheat tortilla

Dinner: Grilled Barimundi with roasted vegetables, steamed spinach, glass of wine

Snacks: Handful of peanuts, cup of sugar free cocoa

Have a great day, everyone!!

Best, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #32  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Morning everyone! It's a beautiful day here in Ontario Canada, sun is shining, cold but glorious!

On tap for today:

Br: high fibre cereal, sliced nana,1% milk, coffee (400 cals)
sn: few almonds (90 cals)
LU: ham sammich on grainy bread, coleslaw, apple (450 cals)
Din: Lean Cuisine Skillet Sensations ADDED extra chicken and veggies 400 cals
salad with kraft lite balsamic dressing (YUM) 50 cals

That's about 1400 cals, leaving room for a 250 - 350 calorie snack since it's Friday night! woot!

1 individual sized bag of pretzels - 230 cals
1 diet coke
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 AM   #33  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am happy to report that I remembered to ice my knee last night AND I had a small glass of red wine....not sure which one helped my knee more, but it feels much better today! Might do the exact same thing tonight!
soulnik--Wow, that's a lot of walking!!!! Sorry your BL team isn't all pulling their weight.

rakel--that's right, one step at a time!!!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for staying w/ in calories! I am happy to report that I DID ice last night!

dgramie--Great job! Keep it up Happy early bday!

raebeaR--Thanks....I may regret asking for her "help"...LOL! A 16 y/o w/ a cell phone...scary! LOL!!! I would call that exercise!!

Trazey--Great!!!!!

We are having dinner out w/ friends tonight. I have never been to this place before and I can't look the menu up online. I will have to order carefully, of course. Wish me luck!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #34  

Hey All,

Just getting out of two-hour morning meeting so only have time for a quick check in. Yesterday was great! Took an exercise rest day. Walked this morning but was really slow and tired. Not sure why. Going to a happy hour for dinner. Have to check out the restaurant's menu to plan but here's the rest of the day's menu:

Morning
1 serving(s) Jimmy dean D lights bagel sandwich 5

Midday
Lean Cuising 6

Snacks/Desserts
yogurt - 2
1 small apple(s) 1
100 cal pack - 2
pineapple - 1

@raebeaR - "Unflappable" - I LOVE THAT! If only it were entirely true!

Have a good day chicas!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good Morning everyone!

Thank you all so much for your kind comments! I was so excited to join the group and the first day back (yesterday) I was completely overwhelmed with work and forgot to check in! I WILL BE BETTER! It's a learning process right...haha.

mj5 - Hope your knee is feeling better! You are such an inspiration...I need to make exercise "a habit"...it is still such a chore everyday. Keep it up!!!

rakel - Way to go...90 min. of exercise even when you were feeling less than chipper! I need to take noes from you next time I'm feeling down! Hang in there girl...we will through this...

Beverlyjoy - Thanks for the warm "welcome." I just love your attitude...it's so inspiring! I have been think about meditation. How are you liking it? Any tips of how to get going?

GirlyGirlSebas - I hope you are feeling better about the journey...one step at a time. We'll be there before you know it

Soulnik - Thanks so much for explaining what a WaWa Turkey Shorty is! (Although I must admit I'm jealous because we don't have them here and they sound delicious! sigh) It will be interesting to see how the points work out for us. My leader and many people emphasize eating ALL of my points...but I worked it out and since I tend to eat foods that are very high in fiber, I would be eating close to 3000 cals/day if I ate them all. I just can't imagine losing weight like that. I may have to "up them" though if I don't see results. It's nice to know someone else is having this issue

dgramie - Happy early birthday! Good luck with the weekend...you'll do great I just know it!

raebeaR - Thanks for the kind words! Weight lifting went well yesterday...I'm sore today but the good kind of sore you know Way to get on the Wii and stay motivated. Your ticker will be going down, down, down in no time!

Trazey - What can I say...I'm just trying to "soak up" any amount of knowledge I can gain from your post You are such an inspiration and I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Well, here's what my day looks like.

Breakfast -
Apple 1
High Fiber Trader Joes Cereal - 2
Low-fat coconut milk - 1

Snack -
WW Yogurt - 1

Lunch -
Whole wheat Hawaiian Pizza - 5
Light Thousand Island (for dipping) - 1

Snack -
Orange - 1
Cottage Cheese - 2

Dinner -
Turkey/Zuchinni Chili - 6
Mozzerella Cheese - 2

Dessert -
Trader Joes Whole Grain Cookies - 2

= 24 points

Exercise - 60 minutes treadmill

Have a great weekend everyone! I won't be back until Monday...but I look forward to seeing your progress...keep up the good work!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hi chicks - yesterday was a good day - I am grateful. Tonight DH and I are invited to Cocktail Party! I didn't think folks did them - at least my friends. It's very 50's or 60's. This is being given by a friend of my senior aged mom. I am almost over my headcold - I may go. However, I don't want to expose any of the old folks. If I do go...I will take only ONE plate of healthy things and not go near the table again.

breakfast = cinn. raison english muffin, npb, grapes
lunch - eggs with cheese, toast, veggies
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - a little roast beef and salad
snack - a few nibbles at the party if we go

Also -

write down food
lots of water
exercise - done
eat only when seated
no second helping
aware eatingi

I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-23-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #37  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. I'm back from the meeting in Denver. It went ok. The part where we went over how bad our revenues were from last year was a little painful, but once we got past that, the rest of the meeting was great. I did ok over there. I could have done better, but I also could have been lots worse!!! This meeting is usually considered a "treat" (when the economy is good), so they have lots of good food and lots of free drinks, etc. I didn't drink much at all. It's funny, I really think I've lost my taste for it. It's always in the back of my mind, "Do I really want to waste calories on this?" So, that part was much better than last year. The food was tough to overcome, so I probably went over on that. I had moments of victory, like when they bring in the afternoon cookie/brownie/soda snacks. I didn't get those. But, exercise was nonexistent, so that wasn't so good. But, back home now. It was kind of funny, though. There was this guy there that used to work at our office and now works at the Denver office. He's just a really good friend. They had a biggest loser challenge, so he was telling me that he lost 40 pounds. I knew he had lost weight, so that was fun talking to him. He's inspired me to go to the "Body Pump" class at the gym. I've been tempted to do that for awhile now, but didn't have the nerve. So, he challenged me to do that. I think there is one on Monday, so I'll give it a try.

Sounds like we have lots of struggling going on. I have also been surprised at how difficult it has been to get back on the roll I was on before Christmas. But, we just have to keep trying. It's the old "fake it till we make it".

Hang in there everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:12 PM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

breakfast-WW yogurt-1pt

lunch- canned navy beans 1/2c 2pts
kraut-0pts
polilsh sausage 4pts
tiny bit of cornbread no butter 4pts

snack- string cheese

dinner- peanut butter on thin bun -4pts
got to be sure and snack later to get all my points in

wow that sure sounds strange..having to work to get my points in. I was very satified with my lunch and will make it again soon.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - yesterday was good until I started to feel horrible foot and ankle pain in the evening. I did eat a little extra. It didn't help at all for two reasons. First - eating doesn't make physical pain go away. Second - with my headcold and can't taste anything - so it double wasn't worth it.

I did most of my other things...lots of water, logging food, no seconds, etc.

ice and heat for my hurting pieces and parts
lots of water
remind myself WHY
no seconds
fork down between bites
write down food eaten
aware, slow eating
stretches

breakfast - egg white scramble, 1/2 c. potatoes, ketchup, clementine
lunch soup, toast, veggies
snack = yogurt, cereal
dinner = pasta, red sauce, parm. cheese, garlic bread, salad
snack - fiber bar, 1/2apple

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-24-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #40  

Height: 5'7"

5 POP days in a row!!
breakfast- coffee egg thin bun-4pts

lunch - taco salad-

dinner- something for how many points i have left...lol
no snacking today
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #41  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! We had a great family dinner / game night last night! It was SO much fun!!! Kinda made me miss my dad a LOT, but it was great to talk about him and share funny stories, too.

I am just relaxing w/ the dogs today. Hubby works a short day, then were are going going to watch some football. We are having a VERY special treat for dinner....grilled steaks, baked potatoes, mushrooms, tossed salad...YUM!!!

My exercise plan for the week is to workout Tues, Wed, and Friday. I am about to text my niece the info....she can't wait to help!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #42  

Hi Chicas,

I don't really have a plan for today except that I'm going to eat my points and get a workout in. I tried to give up my kettle corn but I failed. It's just too yummy and the calories are low enough to make it ok to eat.

My Biggest Loser team totally sucks. All the other teams are posting online how often they work out and eat healthy meals together and how well they're doing. My team has only met once and we never even talk to each other. I'm so annoyed by how uninvolved they are. It doesn't matter though. I'm still committed and determined to win!

Anywho, have a good day ladies!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote