Newbie saying hello!

• Hello everyone! I've been reading the boards for a couple of days now and have decided to jump right in. I'm so excited to be starting on this journey and to get to know everybody. I was here (on a different board) for a couple of years a while back [OMG I just worked it out and it was 8 years ago ] and then life got in the way - got married, got a new job that is mostly about sitting in front of a computer reading stuff and writing stuff, moved to the other end of the country ... and now here I am, nearly 30lbs heavier than my starting weight back then, which means I gained back over 80lbs in 8 years, which I am SO NOT proud of.

So ... it's a fresh start in 2010. I've got a Wii Fit, a spanking new gym programme, and am tracking WW points. More than anything, I want to be fit enough to run a 5k for charity, and to hike somewhere other than along a short and very flat track. I live in a beautiful part of the country and I would like to see it from close up! I have a wonderful husband who is on board as well, and we are motivating each other (ok, sometimes nagging each other, but whatever works )

I'm looking forward to chipping in every so often and meeting everyone. I hope 2010 will be the year for all of us!

Bells
  • I feel ya! I did this about three years ago and lost 30 lbs. The progress was too slow for me. (What was I thinking? ) So I quit and put it all back on plus about 25 lbs. Every time I get started and quit, I add weight besides, so this has got to be it! Try analyzing you then vs. you now. Ask yourself why you stopped before and what measures you can take to prevent that happening again. For me, I tried too hard the last time and pushed myself to a point that was not sustainable. This time I'm taking things slow and keeping it real. I can sustain everything I'm doing right now.

I love your goal on the side! That's a great start! If I'm correct, the BMI puts you in a new category along the obesity scale, right? Good for you!
  • Welcome back!
  • Welcome Back!! So glad you decided to join us!!
  • Welcome! I am glad you are back with us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
  • Welcome! It sounds like you have a good plan and now that you are back to 3FC you've added a good support system. Success is bound to happen for you.

• So glad to see you decided to join us! 3FC is awesome and the 100 lb. club feels like home to me. Hope to see you post often!

• I look forward to getting to know you and wish you the best on your journey!
  • Hello and welcome!
  • Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! I'm so excited to be here!

Eliana - yes, that's exactly why I picked that mini-goal, it would take me from obese class III to class II, and that would be *major*!!!
  • Quote: Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! I'm so excited to be here!

Eliana - yes, that's exactly why I picked that mini-goal, it would take me from obese class III to class II, and that would be *major*!!!
    Yep! I understand! I'm within 1.8 pounds of getting into the next class myself. It's what my tickers all about. I was thrilled when I was no longer morbidly obese and now I'm thrilled to almost be out of class II. I love mini goals.
  • Hi Bellsy !
  • Welcome welcome!!!! I am looking forward to getting to know you better
  • Welcome! This is a great place!
  • Welcome!

I love it here, myself. Everyone is really inspiring and positive. Can't wait to hear more from you!