Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Recommitting...again

So I know that I'm about week late in talking about resolutions. HOwever, this year, I'm changing my resolution. Instead of focusing on just loosing weight, I'm making it broader. I'm going to work on being more comfortable in my own skin. And yes, that includes loosing weight. The list of what will make me comfortable in my own skin:
1) Lose the weight
2) Realize that I am beautiful in my own way (corny I know but still its something I need to work on)
3) put in the effort to look good (not just becoming a slim chick, but make up and wearing cute clothes)
4) I'm tired of people pushing me around, as of last week I started wiping the "doormat" sign off my forehead
5) I will not allow people to make me feel bad when I make a slip up (its not really their business anyway)

I'm not going to say that I want to lose a specific amount of weight in the next year. I've learned that I dont do well with putting a time frame on losing weight. I will take the time to go to the gym 4-6 times a week. I will even put it in my day planner if I have to. However I will not beat myself up if I dont make it to the gym every day. I will walk outside if I cant make it to the gym. I will also implement the 5 lb weights I bought into my at home routine. I will start to journal my food intake again. I have also learned that I do better if I write down my food intake. Who wants to admit the choco cake they ate when there were better choices to be made? It may be tough but I will tie a string to make finger if I have to. I will not berate myself if I have an off week. I will learn from the inevitable mistakes that I will make. Its a learning process that I have to relearn. I will chew gum when I want to make bad food choices. I will drink water instead of pop. Finding other outlets aside from eating will be a challenge. But I will do it.

Thank you for listening

Last edited by possiblesuccess; 01-10-2010 at 07:09 PM.
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Good to have you "back on board"! Keep posting
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Our journey to better health takes many twists and turns. You have wonderful goals. I am glad you posted them!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/169/145

Height: 5'8"

you go girl!
anna1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #6  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

Excellent resolutions. You definitely deserve better than to be treated as a doormat. s
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #7  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on recommitting!
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by possiblesuccess View Post
S
2) Realize that I am beautiful in my own way (corny I know but still its something I need to work on)
3) put in the effort to look good (not just becoming a slim chick, but make up and wearing cute clothes)
4) I'm tired of people pushing me around, as of last week I started wiping the "doormat" sign off my forehead
5) I will not allow people to make me feel bad when I make a slip up (its not really their business anyway)
I completely applaud you, and I just wanted to highlight #2-6. I think you are onto something. I did not set out to accomplish those goals, but when I started succeeding at weight loss I realized that those went hand in hand.

You don't have to be slim to look gorgeous!!! That was something I had such a hard time with, and now I wish I hadn't felt that way!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #9  

Thank you all so much. I am excited to begin this journey again. And I am even more excited to share accomplishments with all of you.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 AM   #10  
I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 265/250/120

Height: 5'3"

Good for you!! I did a similar thing when trying to decide my resolutions and in the end I decided to focus on taking better care of myself, which will include losing weight but also so much more.
Starting out is rough...Believe me...I know...I am right there with you. Go gentle on yourself but still don't let yourself slack off. The hardest part is getting started. And keep coming back here. These ladies have been lovely with me since I first popped in!
Ophelia31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #11  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Those are some fantastic goals PossibleSuccess. Just start pracising them and they will get easier. You're right, you are beautiful, strong and worthy. Everyone is!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Wonderful Goals... just wonderful. I think this is your time... keep coming back and we'll help you any way that we can!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 350/ticker/164

Height: 5'8

Those are really thoughtful goals. I totally am with you on #2 and 3...I need to work on those myself! Welcome back!
HeidiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #14  

Thank you again for your support. I started to think back to when I first started losing weight, and the things that were happening in my life. I had just graduated from High School, and I was in the process of healing a broken heart...shattered may be more like it from a multitude of things. In one respect I have moved on pretty well, sometimes it still hurts, but for the most part I'm ok. With regard to the other things I was healing from, I think that it's just going to be a part of my life. It will be something that I carry around with me for the rest of my life. I'm trying to find a way to channel all of my issues into miles spent on a treadmill, but how do I do that again? It's always possible to motivate yourself to prove people wrong, but when you've proved them wrong, how do you continue with something that is truly important? It sounds crazy, and maybe I'm talking myself in circles, but I almost wish that I could fall in love again just to have a broken heart so that I could throw it into pushing myself a little further on a treadmill. I will figure all this out, and I know I have to dig deep and find the reserve of motivation, and I can do this. It's only going to get harder. I'm back sliding, and fighting like crazy to climb this slide again. Part of my resolution is to feel like I'm worth something, which may be a bit of a struggle in and of itself. I am going to try to tell myself that the pain and tears are worht it, becasue I am worth a happy healthy life. Oh the joy of being human. Why cant anything ever be simple. I know that when it comes to losing weight, its only a matter of calories in, calories out...but with so much emotion involved, how do people manage? I'm talking in circles. I am going to continue this fight...how many wounds will be inflicted in the process, who knows. But it will be worth it.