What are your advantages of losing the weight and moving more.
I am reading the Beck Solution - it's a cognitive way to break habits associated with over eating, etc. One thing, in the beginning, is to make a list of your advantages in losing weight etc. Dr. Beck recommends reading your advantages out loud everyday. It surely reinforces why!
- I will feel better physically.
- I'll be able to get up and down off the floor more easily.
- I will be able to wear a smaller size.
- I will be much happier when I look in the mirror.
- I will be in better health.
- My pieces & parts (back, knee, foot, shoulder, etc) & those pains will improve.
- I won't be embarrassed to eat around other people.
- I will feel that I have really accomplished something important.
- My family will be proud of me.
- I will feel less self conscious when I perform.
- I will do more things.
- I will feel more in control of this aspect of my life.
- My lab numbers will be in a normal range.
- I can avoid becoming a diabetic.
- I will have food sanity - which I have wanted for a long time.
- I will be able to look at myself in a photograph and smile.
- I will be more active with my grandson.
What are your advantages. I am sure many are the same as mine.
PS - sorry if I already posted this in December. I can't remember.
Move ticker, move!
Next Mini Goal - 214
"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher
I can't lose 100 pounds....but, just maybe I can lose five pounds twenty times.
Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-10-2010 at 11:04 AM.