Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default So sore

Ugh, I just have to complain for a minute. I went and bought the EA active game because I heard it was a better workout than wii fit. Boy is it. After lunges and squats today and yesterday, I can barely sit down. My legs hurt so bad that I feel like just flopping into the recliner (yes, flopping, hurts too bad to sit down slowly) and being lazy the rest of the night. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

But it's a good sore, right? Because that means you got in a really good workout

Don't be discouraged by the water retention that comes with sore muscles - after flinging myself around at Zumba yesterday my entire upper body is whinging at me....
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I feel your pain about the squats/lunges. I usually avoid those types of exercises because my knees are freakishly weak after not exercising for the last 10 years. My plan has been to keep a regular exercise routine (lots of pilates, yoga, walking) for a few weeks to hopefully build up some strength in my legs then add squats/lunges. Unfortunately I was a little ambitious yesterday/today, and am having the same flopping problem as you. Let's just say going to the bathroom felt like an olympic sport as I tried to lower myself without bending my leg/back, it was pretty pathetic looking, lol. I've been drinking lots of water (it helps with sore muscles) and later I might brave flopping into my tub for a nice long soak. Good luck and hope you feel better tomorrow!!!!!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #4  
Ready for Change

S/C/G: 216.6 / 208.2 / 116

Height: 5'1

A big tip: Always, always, ALWAYS stretch before AND after you exercise. Stretching after strength training (like the lunges and squats) will loosen your muscles. I always stretch afterward and I'm never sore anymore.

Moral of the story: Stretch and you won't be sore!

But kudos to you getting in a great workout! I have the Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus and they're okay. Pretty boring, honestly. And a lot of the stuff is just plain easy. Although I do like the bike riding one.
SNMomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #5  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 275/257/145

Hey..You got some exercise in! I'm terrified to do any exercise.. lol

When I "attempted" the start of my weight loss last year, I walked on a treadmill for 20 minutes and sat down after thinking I would puke. lol
mel hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #6  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I love that sore feeling I don't get it anymore now unless I push myself beyond what I know I can do. I do agree with the stretching! It helps a lot.

Like Salsa said...don't freak out if you get on the scale and see that the number is the same or up a little. When your muscles are inflamed they hold water to help heal them.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I have this video game too! I was doing the squats, but something weird was happening so I stopped to fix the settings, and never started back up.. oh my gosh, my legs were SO sore the next day! And I squat at work a lot.. stretch afterwards! I have to say I've never been a fan of stretching cold muscles, so I never stretch before. Find out what works for you, and hopefully you are feeling better

Are you doing the 30 day challenge?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

a good sore! Congrats for getting in your exercise!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #9  

Man, I know what you mean about going to the bathroom. I wish I had those little bars on either side to help support me. My husband is laughing at me because I flopped into our recliner so many times that it has moved back about 2 feet. And yes, I am doing the 30 day challenge. Tomorrow it says rest, so I think I will just try to walk. If I do nothing, I feel even worse.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #10  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats!! It does kick your butt in a good way though. Before you know it you will think it's a breeze. I am doing the newer version now - I love it! I have finally worked up to the hardest level. I am loving that!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #11  

Is the newer version a lot different? I'm cheap, so I bought mine used, but I will try to keep an eye out for the other one used too.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Take care now....always start slow. I know it's so hard to do that when you're psyched to get going! Let your sore parts rest a bit. Do some upper body in the mean time to keep your momentum going.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #13  

That's my plan. I don't think I could do a lunge right now if my life depended on it. However, already feeling better than yesterday. Some light walking is on board for today, I found if I keep some blood flowing, my legs don't hurt as bad.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #14  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Oooo, I might have to get this game Does it require the balance board? And what is the 30 day challenge?
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #15  

You can use a balance board, but you don't have to have one. The goal of the 30 day challenge is to follow an exercise routine for 30 days. You can choose from light, medium or high intensity at the beginning. They also have rest days built in, from what I've seen, work out 2 days, have one off. I still plan to do some walking at the very least on my days off. I chose medium intensity and let me tell you, it's kicking my butt. But it is so much more fun than 30 minutes on the elliptical machine at the gym and provides both strenght training and cardio. I still need to get farther into it to see if it stays fun, but so far looks good.