Sports Bras for larger busts?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I currently wear a 42 DDD. Can anyone recommend a good sports bra that will support the ladies?

Another question: For those who have lost a substantial amount of weight, did you loose a lot in your chest? I'm quite fond of my larger bust and am starting to have minor anxiety about the possibility of them being much, much smaller.
  • great question about the sport bra ........ I was wondering the same thing I wear a 42 DD, but I would LOVE to loose some in that area its hard to find button up shirt that actually fit.
  • I've had the best luck with Enell.

As far as breast size reduction, it seems like that's hard to predict. I was hoping for a reduction from 42H. The band size is dropping, but cup size is barely budging (now 36GG). But it seems my less endowed friends lose cup size immediately.
  • I just got the Fiona by Moving Comfort I love it. I started out at a 40ddd, and now i'm a 36ddd so I really haven't lost any of my cup size. I have also used the Enell which i love but its more expensive.
  • I'm also an Enell girl. Expensive but absolutely worth it.
    Its the only bra that prevents me from having a sore back after jogging
  • Definitely the Enell - I just got another one from See Jane Run (they had the best price, free shipping, and the color I wanted). I've seen them on Title Nine, Bare Essentials, etc - I would Google or Yahoo! shop for the best deal. One word of advice - get the size that matches your normal bra size. You want the bra to be super snug - it has almost no stretch at all, which is how it manages the bounce factor. At first it seems like you can't breathe, but you get used to it. I mistakenly ordered a size larger once and it does nothing to support the boobage - you really want to strap the girls down! I am a 36F and I use mine for running and horse riding - two activities that can REALLY cause bounce if you aren't in the right bra!
  • Duck Tape!

j/k I get mine at WalMart...they are just plain and makes a giant pancake out of my girls

I'll have 2 check out the Enell...
  • I am a 40I now, and elomi is my brand of choice for sports bras. Thy are encapsulation style, not compression, and my bust isnt flattened at all but it still very contained and lifted. LOVE it!

This elomi energise is just fantastic, and the underwires are not so tall that they poke even short little me in the armpits

http://www.barenecessities.com/produ...omiEL8040-_-NA
  • Oh, and I have to say that despite losing over 45 pounds and 8 inches off my ribs, my bust has remained virtually the same, with maybe two inches off. I am definitely not losing it there, even as it goes everywhere else, but I think that depends on genetics.
  • i too have a fancier sports bra but sometimes i like a break from the prison. those times, i use a combo of my own underwire with a full tank danskin sportsbra (believe it was purchased at walmart actually). its a reasonable cheaper way for those to go who don't have a lot of money.
  • I used to have to wear a regular bra under a sports bra until I got an Enell (sp?). Worth every penny.
  • speaking of enell--I'm thinking of investing but unsure of the size... I'm right between a 3 and a 4 and I'm not sure if I should go up or down.
  • ENELL is definitely the best sports bra that I have ever had. Ive had mine for about 4 years now and it still works well but I definitely need to get a newer one since some links are missing but this bra is worth the amount there asking because it was in perfect condition for about 3.5 years so its held up really well
  • Thanks for the post. I never thought to ask, just always wore about 3 sports bras and had the lovely uni-breast look. I will have to try one of these brands. I'm a 40 I right now and hoping to lose a couple cup sizes so I can buy bras that don't look like my grandmothers. Holding hopes for getting down to DD which is what I was in high school.
  • I have the Moving Comfort Maia bra and love it! I like the look of their Fiona bra but haven't tried it yet.

So far I've dropped from a DD to a large D. From past weight loss attempts I can say I'll reamain a D for quite some time. But I imagine by the time I reach goal I'll probably be a C.