Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 01:06 PM   #16  
hot mom wanna be!

Wow, thanks for all the feedback! I have been away a day or two.
I think most of us said the same thing. We will be happy if we get even 20-30 pounds over ideal. If we can maintain that, it would be wonderful. I know my "ideal" is 160, but I will be thrilled also to get to under 200 as well, and then 175 like I was before. A 14!
A small size large not a small 3x!!

thanks again!
laura
Old 08-09-2002, 01:44 PM   #17  

Dana that virtual model thing is so much fun, I printed out a "Me now" and me at 150 picture and put it on the fridge.

I weighed 135 when I had mono in high school, I have some pics somewhere.
But I stayed between 145-160 my whole adult life (till the kids that is)

My goal weight is 150 because I remember feeling pretty normal at that weight. I mean I'll never be model thin and I don't really want to be. I've always liked being curvy, I was a D-cup even at my thinnest so I don't think I am meant to be waifish.

I am starting to get anxious. Just a little. I started thinking about revising my goal back to 140, and then upon closer self-reflection realized that I am getting nervous aboout getting closer to goal, like I don't deserve it. I weigh in tomorrow, and with a stomach bug and end of TOM this week I know I've lost another chunk... It's just all very anxiety producing.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:57 AM   #18  

My dream weight is 145 but on the realistic side.....I
look fine at 170 pounds
Anne.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 265/258/136

Default Goal and the Virtual Model

Thanks Dana for posting about the Virtual Model - what inspiration that was! I'm afraid I have more stomach and stomach drop than what they gave me, but other than that - it wasn't at all far off from what I look like now. So there is hope for what it says about weight loss yet to come

My goal is 130 based on several factors - it is somewhere between the middle and high end of what is normal on the weight charts (and I am a tad under 5'2"), the BMI number is under 25 but not by much, and I think it is "doable". I've set more of a goal "size" than a goal weight. My big dream is to be able to shop in a Petite Store. Getting Plus Size clothes at my height is not easy!
Old 08-12-2002, 07:45 PM   #20  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Sundrop....very thought-provoking post...I also sometimes am scared at what might happen when I finally lose all this weight. I wonder where I will put all my energies when I don't have a weight loss battle to fight any more. I know that losing it is not going to solve all my problems, but for so long I believed that it would that it's a hard fantasy to let go of.

Any other thoughts, anyone?
Old 08-12-2002, 07:52 PM   #21  

Angry Substituting one problem for another

Unfortunately, I'm sure I'll trade the obsession with getting of with the obsession of keeping it off. One is better than the other, but I am the type that can make a mountain of worry out of a mole hill
Old 08-13-2002, 12:48 PM   #22  

I chose my goal of 165 becuase I remember at one time weighing about 170 in high school, and looked okay.

I think our body types play a big role in this too. You can take 2 people, same height and same weight. And they look dramatically different. One has lots of muscle and is toned. And the other is flabby with not much muscle definition.

I could be happy at 180 when I get there. I doubt it, but it is possible.

Who knows. Like someone said, as we get closer we will be able to reselect our goals if needed. I don't care what the doctors say according to those charts. If I feel good and I am healthy..that is all that matters.

They can shove those charts. Doc one said to me, 127 lbs would be ideal. HAHAHAH 5'7 and large frame. I laughed at him.

Old 08-14-2002, 11:17 AM   #23  

I'd like to be at my high end goal weight of 168, however, I'll be happy with anything less than 200. I haven't weighed less than 200 since I was about 19 years old.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:13 PM   #24  

I looked at an old photo where I was 136 and thought how good I looked - only remembering that at the time (at 23) I thought I looked hideous. Those feelings of "hideousness" drove me to diets that, in the end, made me fatter and led to distructive eating patterns. I so wish I knew then what I know now!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 06:48 PM   #25  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

LiamFanTami, I think you are sooo right. I looked at pictures of me from high school (when everyone told me I was mega-fat at 180lbs and 5'9" frame) and I was darn sexy. But the cycle started and I gained 100 lbs since then.

When I went to weightwatchers (a million years ago) they had a space to put your "ideal weight." So, I put down, 165. I've never been 165, but I thought that would be IDEAL! When I got up to the scale the first time, the woman said, "Umm... this is not your ideal weight." I'm like, ok... what is?

She said my ideal weight was between 135 and 155.
I almost died.

I've never ever thought I should weigh 135lbs. If my ideal weight is 135lbs, I would have to lose 139lbs!

So, needless to say, that does not apply to me. I'd like to weigh 180. That's a little less than 100lbs now. Once I get to 180lbs, I'll decide if I want to continue.

-GJ
Old 08-14-2002, 11:29 PM   #26  

I've been thinking of this one for a good while. I have not yet set a goal weight and I dont think I will. It will take me forever to lose what I need to lose and I figure I'll know it if I ever get there.

From 18 to 35, I weighed between 127 and 142, mostly around 130 or so. I didn't start really gaining until I passed 35 and I'm way past that now. So even if I COULD get down to 130, I would not look anywhere nearly the way I looked at that weight before.

I got a laugh out of some of the wt. recommendations some of you taller gals have been given. I was a shade under 5'5" at those weights and you could see my (large) collarbones. Can't imagine where the "experts" come up with some of these things. And even though the charts show "large boned", I always had to fight to convince them I was. When they measured my wrists, I was but it seems like the experts/leaders/whatever seem to feel you're trying to get away with something when you say you're largeboned.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:51 AM   #27  
hot mom wanna be!

Isnt it weird how we have all had the same experiences?? I also thought I was huge in high school. I was 5'8 and weighed 180, wearing a size 16 at graduation. Of course next to all the size 6 girls I was bigger, but not humongous like I thought. My goal weight is 158 with those WW people too when I went (the highest) yet I have never weighed that as an adult. My lowest adult weight has been 175. So officially my final goal will be 160 but I will also be seriously thrilled to see 213 for the hunded pound mark, then under 200 to no longer be OBESE, and when I get to 175 I will see if I want to try to lose more!!
laura
313/253.5/253 labor day goal---> 60 pounds gone baby!!!
Closed Thread