Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 AM   #1  

Unhappy Tail between my legs...

I am having a bit of a scale issue. One scale says I weighed 231.2 for a week each time, which i think is statistically impossible, before pushing me up to 241 in a couple days' time, the other scale puts me at about 235, and the balance scale at the gym says I am around 225, give or take a couple pounds(I always have trouble with those ones). Regardless, I have gained back a ton of the weight I previously lost! I got off plan for about a month and a half, fell back into some bad eating habits, and now look at where I am! Starting Monday, I am kicking my butt back into gear. The only reason I am not starting tomorrow is the aforementioned wisdom teeth extraction. Those extra pounds won't know what hit them!

And I will just forget about the ticker for now until I get back to school and use my other school scale. It's cheap, but it has always given me pretty good results vis-a-vis the scale at the doctor's. Are the scales funky or am I just fluctuating a ton(or not fluctuating, according to the 231.1. EVERY. FREAKING.TIME. scale)? Am I just terrible at reading the balance scales? So on January 11th, I will start my ticker afresh when I only have one scale, so there us no confusion. Bye-bye for now, ticker!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

All scales are different, weigh on one scale and stick with that one, that way you are consistent (even if you don't like what it is telling you)
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 402/277/healthy

Height: 5'4"

No wonder you're confused!! Sounds like you have a good plan to use only the scale at school. Please don't beat yourself up for having been off plan for awhile. It's what you do from now on that matters!

Good luck with your wisdom teeth.
bluebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back! I love my mechanical dial scale. No batteries to go bad, no slider to move, just a dial that points to the right number
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #5  

My wisdom teeth are doing an excellent job of keeping my calories in check . I am just going to stick with my plan of no weighing until I get to school, although for curiosity's sake I want to track the weight I lose while on the soft food diet.

I created a blog to better keep myself accountable to everyone too. I am recommitting myself fully!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #6  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back! I've been off the wagon too, but I'm most definitely back on it now! Good to see you here again
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Untuck that tail, it will be difficult to work with that in the way.

Don't beat yourself up over the weight you have regained. We have all done that in the past so treat it as the learning experience that it was. What matters now is the future.

You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote