My New years eve resolution

• but... it's JUST for new years eve. Lol!

Meaning that I'm going to a large party at a house where I KNOW will be my very favourite foods. Lots of sliced meats, cheeses, crackers and chips etc. Meatballs, crockpot dishes etc. But I also know there will be LOTS of veggies, fruit, tea as well.

So what did I do? I told the hostess that I am STAYING ON PLAN that night and she WILL (and this is why I told her) embarrass me by literally taking food out of my hand if I was to get out of control. lol!!!!

So... I put a safe person in effect for me and I'll be good to go!

What are you doing to safeguard YOUR new years???
  • My New Year's should be pretty safe...I can't really eat a lot of foods!
  • I'm doing absolutely nothing... I haven't really started. I'm using New Years Eve to say goodbye to the old me and have one last "fling", so to speak. New Years Eve, for me, will be like saying goodbye to the seriously hot ex who you know is not good for you in the long run.
  • I will also be surrounded by my fave cookies, cakes, meatballs at a NYE party. Alcohol will be everywhere as well.

I plan to limit my intake on alcohol to 2 beers and 2 mixed drinks. Over the course of the night this should be sufficient to keep me toasty without causing too many problems later.

The food part is the harder area. I plan to save up my calories for the day -- choose one decadent dessert, 2 meatballs, and 6 cookies. The rest of my night will be filled with the veggies I bring with me. This should be enough to satisfy the urges and keep me eating sanely.

I also plan to select my food at the beginning of the party and set it on a plate off to the side so I'm not going freelance to the buffet everytime...plus I won't lose track of the cookie count LOL. Once the food on my plate is gone I am done. I can make a cookie last for a long time this way and still be satisfied.
  • Good idea, cfmama.

New Years Eve we are going out to dinner with our 'seniors' - mom and Aunt Mackie. Chinese is what we always get. I can order the steamed ginger fish and rice.

New Years Day we are going to a Rose Bowl Party. I am an OSU graduate - so it's my school playing. (I really don't care that much) I know they are having saurkraut and pork, mashed potatoes, and lots of other goodies. I am bringing a veggie and lite dip tray. My strategy is to have one plate only of the most healthy h'orsderves . One small bit of saurkraut and pork. Absolutely - NO SECONDS on anything. I WILL stay away from the buffet table and concentrate on our friends and the game.
  • I planned to eat at home for dinner (my own cooking, I know exactly what's going into it--it's healthy and tasty), so the only problem will be the booze. I don't want to be all hungover and gross the next day, so that should limit my intake.