3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Exercise NSV - I finally did it! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/189009-exercise-nsv-i-finally-did.html)

bcort 12-29-2009 04:06 PM

Exercise NSV - I finally did it!

I have been meaning to exercise for months now, after taking a year long break due to sprained ankle, heel spurs, & after those healed, just plain old laziness. I used to be a regular exerciser & never understood how people could live without exercise. I now know that it is SOOO incredibly easy to slide into bad habits & just avoid exercise because it's so much easier to *insert any activity*. Anyway, I'm so happy because I've had 2 days in a row on the treadmill, without any heel or ankle pain, & my attitude is so much better than the days I meant to exercise but didn't. I hope I keep doing this forever!

Not a huge victory, but I wanted to share :-)

Michelle98272 12-29-2009 04:12 PM

Yay! Good for you! And extra good for you to have come here and posted it to keep the rest of us reminded and motivated to make some positive changes.

matt_H 12-29-2009 04:14 PM

Awesome! Its always good to be reminded of just how good you can feel after exercise (not only from the endorphins, but from the knowledge you are doing something to promote health).

LizR 12-29-2009 04:17 PM

Wonderful! I am also amazed at how easy it is to give up on exercise even though you feel so much better for it. Glad you got back on the treadmill.

BeachBreeze2010 12-29-2009 04:20 PM

That is a huge victory! I injured my ankle this year and after months of physical therapy I am starting to be able to do things again. I pulled my paroneal tendon and then my weight aggravated it into tendonitis on top of my plantar fascitis and heel spur. YAY! That was fun! Little things like going to the grocery store were out of the question. I had trouble just walking the distance of a parking lot. I went to the zoo this winter with my girls to see the lights and walked for 2 hours before finally succumbing to pain. It's a life changing improvement! Please, don't downplay your treadmill - it is a big deal! Keep going!

Losing80 12-29-2009 04:25 PM

Congrats! What a great day for you! It just stinks that it's so hard to get new healthy habits, and so easy to go back to bad ones. Who made up that rule? Sprained ankles are awful. I'm really happy you've made a full recovery and are giving that treadmill what for. Rock on!

bcort 12-29-2009 08:24 PM

Thanks :-) I just signed my family up for the President's Challenge also. That'll help keep us all exercising this winter (we homeschool, so we have to make sure to fit in exercise for the kids, too).

cfmama 12-29-2009 09:27 PM

Oh that's awesome! Keep turning one day into another and you'll see that weight just DROP off!

gloo 12-29-2009 10:08 PM

Yay! Good for you :)