3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Here I am! *holding for applause* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/188963-here-i-am-%2Aholding-applause%2A.html)

299lbs 12-29-2009 07:54 AM

Here I am! *holding for applause*

I'm so new here it hurts (well, it doesn't really _hurt_, but you know what I mean :D), and this is my lil' intro to the club where I belong!

I have 150 lbs to loose - and so far I've lost four. Yay! 146 left! :carrot:

Dancing carrot. How appropriate.

It's my third week of dieting (have not had the nerve to weigh-in more than once, new years eve is the next one - felt it was the right date to officially end being fat whilst 2009 ended as well. It's been a bad and fat year.), so I might have lost more than 4 pounds - but it's what on the scale that counts!! :^:

Good news of the day; My brain tried to make an excuse for me not to go to the gym today, but it didn’t succeed! I don’t know what’s happened, but I have no excuses anymore. I used to have only excuses. Now it’s like I’m content with life as it is, and I don’t really need to change a routine that’s working for my body. Even though it’s not what my brain would like – the rest of me is happy!

Yay!

:D

Beverlyjoy 12-29-2009 07:56 AM

WELCOME

So glad you are here. Good for you . . . going to the gym when you really didn't feel like it.

Good job on the weight loss.

299lbs 12-29-2009 07:59 AM

Thank you Beverlyjoy! It feels good to be here :D

JayEll 12-29-2009 08:18 AM

:cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Glad to see you here! :wel3fc:

I wish you the best of luck for your weight loss in the new year!

Jay

rockinrobin 12-29-2009 08:22 AM

This is going to be your year!

Sounds like you're committed to getting the job done! Give it time, work past this initial discomfort stage - where it's still new and foreign and awkward and HARD. Ridding oneself of those old bad habits and incorporating new and healthy ones does take some time to get accustomed to. But rest assured, you stick with it, you push yourself, accepting NO excuses - and before you know it, what was once downright unpleasant WILL be comfortable, and normal and natural.

And when those incredible benefits start surfacing - hold on tight. You're in for the ride of your life.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress and success. :)

chewysmom 12-29-2009 08:22 AM

I'm new too. :carrot: (longtime lurker though) Congrats on the 4 lbs!

I look forward to getting to know you. :)

lovemyboy 12-29-2009 08:50 AM

Hello and welcome. Congrats on the 4 pounds!

CanadianCutie 12-29-2009 09:04 AM

welcome to the group!

Eliana 12-29-2009 09:26 AM

Hey, good for you for jumping right in! It's so nice to hear the enthusiasm!

paris81 12-29-2009 09:37 AM

4 lbs! woohoo! Good job--you can do the rest, I'm sure of it. Welcome, and congrats on starting, it's a hard thing to do.

Sandi 12-29-2009 09:47 AM

:wel3fc:

TJFitnessDiva 12-29-2009 09:54 AM

Welcome 299!

I love when I can hear the expression in people's posts! :lol:

matt_H 12-29-2009 11:10 AM

Welcome!!

You are from Oslo, that is awesome! My office mate in college was from Oslo and I spent a lot of time there a few years ago. I loved the city (also got to see Bergen and Stavanger).

299lbs 12-29-2009 11:11 AM

Thank you guys!! :D

RomanceDiva; haha, yeah, it's my thaaang :D

299lbs 12-29-2009 11:14 AM

Matt; thank you! As for the city I'm getting pretty fed up with it (might've lived here for too long in a tiny apartment ;D) - but I also used to live in Stavanger and that's waaay more awesome me thinks :D Anywho, I'm moving to the US (hopefully!!!) in august of 2010. Hence why I need to lose weight.

OK, so not hence, but hence that most people I've heard of come back from the US as fat - and I have no, absolutely no!, desire to become fatter. I'm fat enough as it is :D