Old 01-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #46  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, my food yesterday was not so good. It was fine until I went to my sister in law's house for a little get together. We got there around 6:30pm, and didn't put out appetizers until around 7:30, and then we didn't eat chilli until around 9:30. She tends to not be so great about putting food out until it's really late... so of course I was pretty hungry and ate a ton of appetizers. Then I felt obligated (although I really shouldn't have) to eat some of the chili, so I did. And then we had sangria's and champagne... I was tempted not to count it up because I just knew it was "a lot" -- I went 900 cals over my plan, and to top that off I never did my workout.

That said, I must not have been that hungry today, because I ate a protein bar for breakfast, then ate half a chicken salad sandwich. Then a little while later I didn't feel like eating a whole lunch, so then I ate another protein bar (which I try to just have one a day, but it was something easy that wasn't chips or pretzels or whatever). Then a little later I ate a mini quiche. Then a little later I ate some chocolate, and then when I was putting dinner together I ate some cookies. For dinner I made roasted a whole chicken with veggies and some whole wheat stuffing. After dinner while I was taking down the Christmas tree I ate some caramels. I thought for sure as I was inputting everything into livestrong that I would have went over because I feel like I've been just snacking all day long... but you know what? I was 300 calories under my suggested intake. Save for maybe some popcorn later if I get hungry, I'm done for the day.

Obviously I shouldn't of had 3 servings of chocolate, cookies and caramels, but on the bright side I only had one serving of each, and I didn't go over my calories with them. But still, it's more than just the # of calories, but what kind of food the calories are made of.

No exercise today, I've been kind of busy... cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. I will definitely do my workout tomorrow though. I'm trying to do it every day but it seems like I always seem to skip two days. Still, 5 days a week is not bad, and I probably should take a couple days rest anyway.

BTW, I just want to report that I talked to my mom for quite awhile tonight (fjcinzion), and would like to say that she has almost lost 50lbs since she started in August! I am incredibly proud of her.

Last edited by rakel; 01-01-2010 at 10:50 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #47  

I am WAAAAY under my calories for the day. Yesterday and today I didn't even crack the 1000 calories mark. Soft food diet only + lack of appetite due to pain meds= not as much nutrition as I could be getting. Luckily, it's only a few days of this and I should be back on track soon! I am so sleepy(once again, the pain meds) that exercise is pretty much impossible, plus forbidden for the first few days. Not exactly OP, but not terribly off-plan either.

How is everyone else doing?
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #48  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Hello!

I'm sorry I didn't check in as I had planned to, things got crazy in my world.

I'm also under calories, Peachykeen62. Here I am, it's after 9 and when I look at how late it is I think I shouldn't eat.

Rakel, I am 99% vegan. I realize that's odd, because you're either vegan or not, but I eat vegan food 99% of the time. I occasionally have cottage cheese or cheese or yogurt, that's it.

I'm set to go to the YMCA tomorrow and am excited about it. I have green veggies and what it takes to make green smoothies so I feel like I'm set!
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chicks -I had a sane, healthy day yesterday. I am so so grateful. I went to a big Rose Bowl party. Sat in the other room from the table of food. First I took some h'orsderves (veggies, dip, a couple of cracker, one piece of cheese) No seconds! I took about 20 minutes to eat them. At half time, I got a small amount of saurkraut & pork a role and more veggies. No seconds here either. I had one sliver of chocolate. I am so grateful and proud of this accomplishment. Best of all I didn't feel deprived. I had my water and exercises. too.

I'll be back in a few!

Have a GREAT day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #50  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi everyone. Well, made it to the gym today. I am still not 100% on my knee, but I think it just is going to take awhile to get all the way back. I am working on strengthening it again, without being too stupid about it. I don't want to re-injure it. Food has not been very good for being on plan. I hope to fix that today. It's nice to get back on track and back in a routine. I will have to do a weigh in on Monday to be totally on track. I'm hoping it isn't too scary!!! ha!

Rakel: The get-togethers will stop at some point and it will be easier to stay on plan, I think. We'll make it through all of this!

Peachy: Hope you get to feeling better!

Passionista: So, what goes into a green smoothy, other than the veggies?

Beverly: You're doing well. Good for you on staying out of the food room!!

MJ: How's it going for you?

Nicolen: Haven't heard from you for forever! Are you still around?? We miss you.

Rhonda: How about you? Everything going ok?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #51  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

hello ladies. I had a good new year.

I started the pcrm 21 day vegan kickstart. so far so good.

I'm going to lunch with a friend today, I plan to have some veggie sushi I think. it's sooooo good. yum yum!

might go see a movie while I'm out, I'm going shopping for xmas gifts for my friends, I'm having a late holiday party tomorrow for about 12 people.

can't wait! There will be 5 of us who are vegan. So there will be plenty of vegan food for my non veg friends to experiment with. fun times!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #52  

Hi again!

Lottie -what pcrm stand for? Sounds like a fun day!

Slash- yes, routine is good. Ya know...it's hard to know how much to 'exercise' a soreish knee. Be careful.

peachykeen - hoping your off the meds soon. Feel better.

rakel - hoping all the parties will be over soon. Keep pushing on. Good for your mom!

pashionista - hope things calm down...have fun at the Y tomorrow.

breakfast - egg white scramble with turkey pepperoni, toast, clementine
lunch - wrap with ff refried bean, lite cheese salsa, veggies
snack - yogurt & fruit
dinner - either chicken or pork cooked with onions and mushrooms, salad, brown rice.
snack - sf cocoa, pnb, a few pretzels

log food
meditate
stretches and strengthening
fork down between bites
aware eating
lots of water
remind myself out loud why I want this
eat only when seated

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #53  

Height: 5'7"

I had a great day yesterday and walked about 3 miles with hubby. I am home alone today and the country ham was calling my name.I cooked it and had it for brunch. I will have cabbage tonight for dinner with some form of protien. I should be ok overall today.Just got to drink extra water to flush out that evil country ham!!Im so glad the ham in now out of the house!!!
going to work on getting some chicken cooked up for the week for lunches with lots of veggies.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #54  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

beverley joy: physicians committee for responsible medicine.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #55  

Default Starting Again 2010!!

I WORK 10 HOURS A DAY WITH A 20 MIN BREAK. THIS YEAR I WILL TAKE TIME TO MAKE MYSELF A PRIORITY!! EATING THROUGHOUT THE DAY SO I AM NOT FAMISHED AND BINGE WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK!!
aliveagain50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:40 AM   #56  

Hi chicks - yesterday was a great food day and all the other things I am aiming to do to change my relationship with food and over eating. I am so grateful

However, I way over did it with my exercise. I pulled a muscle in my lower back. I've taken the meds and feel it should be better in a few days. I broke my own rule - if you think it might hurt you doing an exercise - step back. It was fun and felt good to be exercising.
DH wants to put the Christmas pretties away. Since my back hurts - I'll be sure to be careful. No bending, twisting or lifting.

breakfast - 1/2 cinn english muffin, npb, boca strips, 1/2 banana
lunch - left over chicken with brown rice, veggies
snack - yogurt and fruit
dinner - pork piccata, small baked potato with butter spray, salad
dinner - preztels, pnb

log food
no exercise today - resting my pieces and parts
eat only when seated
no second helpings
aware eating - aiming for 15-30 minutes
log food
lots of water
aliveagain - I love your goals...especially making yourself a priority.

Lottie - thanks for the explanation.

Dgrammie - things sound like they are going great. YAY

Have a great day.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 260/255.6/160

Ok, I haven't been reporting here like I should but I've got a great update. It's not even February yet and I've reached my Valentine's day goal already of losing 7lbs. I can't believe it because the last 3 days have been a real challenge with my calories. Thursday night we went to ATL to meet a couple of friends for dinner at Chili's. I did drink water but had boneless buffalo wings, spinach artichoke dip with chips, and the southwestern egg rolls. I was proud of myself because my husband and I always order the chocolaty delicious desert that they have with the brownie, ice cream and lots of hot fudge, well my hubby ordered, and I declined a bite. YAY for me. Friday I met the family at my grandparents for the New Years Dinner which was actually pretty healthy but I can't say that I ate a portion size of anything. And yesterday we had left overs from the New Years dinner for the homecoming of my brother from Iraq. We all went out after to play some football and chase the kids around but all in all i was sure I wouldn't lose a lb, much less 3 since Wednesday night.
connerash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

My day yesterday took a nosedive. I ended up snacking around and not cooking dinner. TOday food will be sane!
breakfast- coffee and bar -3 points
lunch- salad with egg and cheese
dinner- thinking of making a nice pot of soup loaded with veggies
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote