Hello :3

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone!

I'm not exactly new to 3FC but I have made a new account because I cannot be bothered to log in using my old account ;]

I have no idea how much I weigh at the moment but I'm assuming that I weigh no more than 250lbs. At the start of January, I weighed 230-something pounds and I lost two stone successfully :] I'm from the UK so two stone means I've lost 28 lbs. I lost that amount of weight in two months but I gained it all back by the summer because I went off the tracks. So yup, I've gained back all the weight D: After Christmas, I'm sure I will be heavier than I was originally, but I'm not really sure. I will let you all know in the New Year, though.

So anyway, here I am. Just thought I'd introduce myself :] Any questions, feel free to ask me ;D

I'm Beth, by the way :]
    x x
  • Hey Beth and welcome to the 3FC! It took me a while to get on my scale. Once I did you know what it was? RELIEF. Relief that the mystery no longer I owned me--instead, I owned it--I owned that number and that was that. I am not sure if you are hesitating to get on the scale or if you just don't have access to one.

Anyway, you have found a wealth of both support and answers here. It's a journey for many of us but one thing is for certain--we aren't alone. There are many on our same path.
  • Welcome back Beth. I hope you have lots of success in the new year.
  • Welcome back!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome back to the group!! Great way to start off the upcoming new year!
  • Thanks everyone ;D
    I haven't been in this group before; I was with 300lb Club because my mother was there. Pretty funny because I've never weighed 300lbs, hahaa.

I'm feeling pretty positive about the new year already :] I hope to make some lovely friends here.
    x x
  • Hello and welcome back.
  • Thank you! ;D

Well, Christmas is over and done with but I still got Boxing Day and New Year's Eve to go through with.
    I'm looking forward to making a lifestyle change in January but at the same time, I'm dreading it! This is because it's really cold during January, February and March so I like to snuggle up and eat my comfort food, rather than eat a plate of salad.

I know being healthy doesn't always mean eating salad the whole time, I'm eighteen, a full-time student and living with my parents, so I'm not very good with food! As long as I have my Jaffa cakes, Malibu and Coke, I'm happy. Oh dear, looks like I'm in for a rough ride
  • Quote: I'm looking forward to making a lifestyle change in January but at the same time, I'm dreading it! This is because it's really cold during January, February and March so I like to snuggle up and eat my comfort food, rather than eat a plate of salad.
    Don't dread it. Embrace it. Look forward to it. You're about to transform your life! What would there be to dread? It's just the opposite. This should and could be one of the most exciting, thrilling, satisfying and most wonderful thing you've ever done for yourself. Find the joy in it. Challenge yourself. Step up to the plate to meet the challenge. Reach. Strive. Learn. Grow. Conquer something new. Amaze and astound yourself! Nothing dreadful what so ever.
  • Wow, rockinrobin, you have some amazing way with words! I'm feeling a lot more confident now, thank you very much! I now realise that I should have nothing to dread. Bring on January! x x
  • Quote: Wow, rockinrobin, you have some amazing way with words! I'm feeling a lot more confident now, thank you very much! I now realise that I should have nothing to dread. Bring on January! x x
    Atta girl! THAT"S the right attitude. And having that right attitude can take you VERY far.

Another thing, don't think of passing up on any high calorie/high quantity food as depriving yourself. Know and realize that EATING those foods is depriving yourself - of energy, stamina, vitality, confidence, good health, joy, happiness, peace and the best you possible.

Adhering to a healthy lifestyle is no burden. no hardship. It is a joy and a blessing.

I look forward to hearing of your personal growth, progress and success!
  • Wow, thank you! I have a huge grin on my face right now ;D

I also have a good incentive for losing weight... I recently signed up to do a 40-mile walk as part of a charity project in college! Come January, I'm going to get myself some suitable walking boots and start training for the walk. It's going to be torture but it's going to be so worth it, knowing that I'm doing my bit for a good cause and encouraging myself to be healthier!
  • that walk sounds like fun!! glad you're back
  • welcome!!