Old 12-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #31  

I sometimes think I could eat a whole watermelon. Of course I feel terribly bloated after but at least it is mostly water right? (Except of course for all the sugar...)
steffiross33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
I can sit down with a gallon of beans and eat them all. They're so good!

I also think one avocado is a serving for one.

Whole eggs tend to be something I limit because I also could eat them all day.

And anything labeled "100 Calorie Pack" I tend to stay far away from because I can't just eat a pack.
You're my sister from another mother. Ditto. Ditto. and Ditto.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #33  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Oddly, dark meat chicken. I cook with boneless, skinless thighs and have to be careful to only cook 1-2 servings as no matter how I prepare them, I'm going to eat them until they're gone. Don't have the same issue with the light meat. Suspect there is a nutrient (other than the higher sat fat) that my body/brain lights up when it gets a taste.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:14 AM   #34  

Nuts. I don't really eat them because they are very calorie dense and I always eat more of them than I should. They are addictive. You eat one handful and then go for another handful and so on.
arumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #35  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

My "no-no" list is short: fried foods; chips (can't eat just one.....serving) and commercially baked sweets. No---no healthy foods there.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Cottage cheese...and this makes me sad because I love it and I'm realizing I just can't keep it in the house
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #37  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't consider any foods entirely forbidden or off-limits, but instead I try to ask myself, "is this the best choice I'm willing to make, and am I prepared for the consequences of this choice."

Just as an extreme example, I am allergic or sensitive to wheat (mostly a skin reaction of red, puffy, and itchy patches on my face, hands, and feet).

When I "forbid" wheat, all I can think of is good, crusty home-made bread (a flavor and texture that no gluten-free bread can duplicate) or amazing thick-crust pizza.

So instead of forbidding it, when I get the craving, I ask myself "are you really willing to put up with two or three days of itchiness and red, flaky skin just to eat a slice of good bread or pizza. Isn't there something similar that will satisfy the craving without the negative consequences?"

That being said, there are foods (even those most people consider healthy) that I do choose to be very careful with (usually keeping out of the house).

I eat fruit, but can easily overeat many types. So my binge-fruits I usually keep in only small quantities, so that even if I overeat the fruit there's minimal consequences to doing so (one exception is Ranier cherries. The season is so short, and I love them so much that I do accept the consequences of bingeing on them (often regretting it after the fact).

Watermelon is another example for me too. I allow myself only a few watermelons per summer, because hubby doesn't like watermelon, so it's only me eating it and I can easily eat a whole watermelon in a day.

I try to eat paleo, but I don't follow a paleo diet so strictly that I forbid all non-paleo foods. I'm more likely to happily give in to the occasional quinoa dairy, or lentil craving than one for wheat or processed sugar.

I suspect that learning to compromise and to accept less-than-perfect behavior and results from myself is largely responsible for my unprecedented success not just in weight loss, but in maintaining the losses and maintaining the vigilance (not deciding to give up, even when I stumble and fall - over and over and over again).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #38  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

YES, I have to measure PASTA, RICE, and CEREALS, or I would eat too much of them. Salted or flavored NUTS cause me a problem too, but I can eat NON-salted ones & count them out (i.e 7 @ a time).

And like GODDESS JESSICA, the 100-cal packs of so-called healthy treats and some bars are no good for me; I would eat more than one, esp the ones covered with chocolate.

Any food that is a "trigger" food for me (healthy or not), I just sub with something else now. Through a lot of trial & error, I now have a good variety of things that I can have in the house and not worry about them being there.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-04-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote