Old 12-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #1  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Default Since you're already truckin' on weight loss, what are your OTHER resolutions?

One of the things I'm so happy about is that for the first time in a very looooong time, I don't need to put weight loss on my list of New Year's resolutions. Hey, we're already doing it, kids!!

So since you're already on the ball and working on your health, what else do you want to tackle next year? What do you want to have accomplished this time next year in addition to continuing to work toward a healthier you?

Me? I want to have a more active social life. I want to go on dates. I want to have fun. I want to have friends over more. I want to be less of a hermit.

How about you?
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Hmmm... good question actually!!!

I'd have to say:

Finish paying off school, go BACK to school. Get started on the next phase of my life I guess you'd say.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Haha that is a good question!! Losing weight is usually my only one!

I would Like to get at least a 3.2 next semster!! I dont think this one turned out so well
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I didn't even think about this until now. What to do when the long-term standard is gone?...

My "easy" resolution: to try and clean up after myself more. I'm so bad at leaving a trail of my stuff scattered throughout the house.

My "me" resolution: to try and not gossip as much.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #5  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

mine is to 'live life'... for three years i lived out of the country, didnt know anyone, and due to inclement weather stayed indoors and didnt interact with anyone really.. then i flew home, nursed my mom for 6 months till she passed last mo(which i dont regret a bit), but now i want to be social, do things, experiance life i guess...that is my resolution
Twilightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

My resolution is to finish school with a bang! i hav egotten a 4.0 my first 2 semesters, but this semester I'll be happy with a 2.75, my depression and anxiety kind of took over. i graduate my associate program in april, so I want to finish it off great! Also, my fitness resolution is to run a full marathon by the end of the year.
medinazarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #7  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Clean up after myself. Make fewer spontaneous purchases. Work out more. Go on dates and give the "relationship" thing a fair shake before college ends. Oh, and study for / take the LSAT and try not to fail.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #8  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

My resolutions for this year are:

1) reach a normal BMI (which will happen when I hit 128)

2) make and execute a plan for my debt so that I am solvent when I reach a point in my career and personal life where I'm ready to move again

3) put myself out there even more than I've already been doing

4) work on loving myself (an ongoing challenge!)

5) make the time to meditate daily

Last edited by thistoo; 12-15-2009 at 09:24 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

It's interesting that you mentioned this, as I've recently been thinking about how I haven't seen much spillover from my improved organizationed related to food and exercise.

I'm still disorganized and messy.

I want to stop being freaked out about a big project I'm working on so that I can be more productive.

I want to apply the same degree of planning and organization to my household and finances that I apply to my weight loss project.

I want to actually GET a personal trainer and start lifting.

No later than March, I want to take up horseback riding again.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I will have resolutions that I have already started working on and want to continue.

- Get my house organized, neat and tidy. Like this weight loss journey, it will take some time.

- Get my yard looking good

- Find some exercise that I enjoy. I still have to push myself to exercise so I need something fun!

- Make an effort to get to know my neighbors!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

A few years ago, I made a New Year's resolution to never, ever make another New Year's resolution again--and it's the only New Year's resolution I've ever stuck with! Haha! I find that they never work out.

I make goals for myself in other ways, of course, but not specifically around this time of year. I like ot make semester goals--my goal this past semester was to get as much of the reading for my classes done as possible--and I did it, I got most of it done, but my other work, reasearch and papers, suffered, so I'm not sure it's a great goal afterall.

I also made a goal last semester to refilll the little container in my medicine cabinet with cotton balls every Friday (I would always run out of them, and have the bag sitting out in the bathroom, and it would make me CRAZY!)--I succeeded in this as well. And it certainly made my life better, even though it was such a small thing.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

It's interesting how many of us feel we are untidy! Mine are:

-To try to whip the house into shape so I can sell it (I am ready for something newer than 80 years old)
-To practice gratitude. Sometimes I complain a lot about things that I can't control, and instead I should be working on being grateful for the things I do have.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Default New Year's Resolutions

I don't know if most of my goals count as resolutions, however, I am working on keeping a cleaner house - for me this means a full cleaning a minimum of 3 Saturdays a month along with daily kitchen wipe-downs and sweeping as well as several times weekly wipe-downs and sweeps in the bathroom, and vacuuming of common areas as needed. I have a lot of anxious energy, and I've decided to, in a controlled and thoughtful fashion, focus that energy on keeping this taco-stand we call home[high-pitched hyper voice]SPOTLESS![/voice]
I'll also be working on finding a job - I'm brand new to Austin, TX and looking for work in a clerical or office management vein.
Additionally, I'm focusing on developing a more positive internal voice and self-image, as well as working on my relationships with the focus on everyone involved being happy and healthy. So far, I'm making sure I smile and address myself in a friendly and supportive manner when I find myself facing a mirror.
Should the first two goals be going well, and the third be in progress, I plan on making an effort to develop myself personally by joining some sort of organized activity - possibly hobby related... I was asked what my hobbies were recently, and apparently my hobbies include cooking for hubs, cleaning my little home, and attending social functions.
Um - <ahem> alriiiighty June Cleaver, let's develop an interest, shall we?
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #14  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Windchime originally posted It's interesting how many of us feel we are untidy!
At my highest weight I found house cleaning so difficult, work, rest, work, rest. Now that I can hold out and work longer, cleaning is much easier. One of the things that I am looking forward to is being able to clean my entire house in one morning. I will have to be in better shape than I am in now!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #15  

Height: 5'5.5"

My resolution is to give up diet soda. The sweet taste makes me crave bad food and it is a drain on my food budget.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote