Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 07:33 PM   #1  

Default #166 working hard

Sorry, couldn't think of a better title. It seems like we have all been working very hard the past few days.

I think my resolve is back. I have been doing great today and plan on keeping it up. I got some great stuff at the GNC today. They now make a low carb, low fat choc. bar. I got two to try. The sales lady said they were great. I hope so. That could help me get through the tough times. I also got a great new outfit. The top is a tank sweater and a cute skirt. I love them and think I look great in them. That made me feel great. Then I got some great shoes and stuff from bath and body works. So I'm now good to go for a month or so, lol.

I hope every one had as good of a day as I did. I get weighed in tomorrow morning so I have my fingers crossed. I have also been sucking the water down!!! LOL

Bella23
Old 08-04-2002, 09:18 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

bella... you're doing great, and it's wonderful to see.. love the bath and body works treats!!! makes me feel all girly!!

yep. love the working hard name of the thread. we ALL work so hard to win this battle, no matter which path we've chosen. i'm working to accept the fact that i can no longer swallow my emotions with food. drat!!!! it was so much easier to cope with the world when i could. now, i just have to get through them.

and i'm working hard to eat my 80 grams of protein and have only one protein shake. some days are better than others.

and for right now, mom has gone to visit one of my sisters, and i've taken about 6 loads of laundry from her room!!!! i've done 3 loads so far, and there's the 4 stripped beds and pile of towels from my brother and his family.

so, i figure if i do one load a day, i should be done by the time she comes home!!! now, i know this seems like NOTHING to most of you, but it's just mom and me. between the two of us, we generally have about 2 loads of laundry a week. but mom tosses everything onto the floor of her two closets, and can't sort any of it out. she has dirty stuff mixed in with the clean stuff, and won't let anyone in [usually] to help her sort and organize.

so, we've gone beyond critical mass in there..

hope ya'll have a good week...
Old 08-04-2002, 09:47 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well, it's Sunday night and here I sit. I am feeling somewhat better, but I'm not getting the rest I need. Oh well, like that will ever happen.

I had a horrible OP weekend, but have packed my lunch for tomorrow to give it a go again.

It's official, Jacob has hit the terrible twos. OMG, I haven't heard this kid cry so much since he was an infant. He threw a 20 minute tantrum because I wouldn't let him play with the toliet brush. He was bad in the grocery store, in Circut City, at the restaurant, beacuse we're going out, because we're coming in. This is going to be fun.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:04 AM   #4  

Hard work is right. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever make it to my goal weight, but I just keep pluggin along... One pound at a time, right!!!

DH has surprised me with a gift... a new puppy!! We lost our dog a few weeks ago & he told me this weekend that he had bought a new dog for me. She is a golden retriever pup & will come home to us on August 17. I'm very excited! Of course we still miss our first dog, K.D. (and probably always will ), but we are happy to have a little wagging tail in the house again.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Old 08-05-2002, 10:49 AM   #5  

Goodmorning everyone. Happy happy Monday. Wet, dark and humid here. But it's a new day and am feeling strong.

Tamara..*TIGHT HUGS*

snowball..Congrats! What do you plan on naming the puppy?

Hope everyone else is well...be back soon.

Old 08-05-2002, 12:02 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone. Working hard is so apropos. It feels right now like life is nothing but work. Kindergarten starts tomorrow, I have labels to sew into clothing, pants to hem and a letter to write to the new teacher detailing Maggie's strengths weaknesses and likes, dislikes, how we discipline her etc. I've been putting it off, who wants to examine their parenting style that closely??
I have work work to do as well, I need a Mommy's helper to watch my 2 YO while I wade through these bids. The terrible 2s... no fun at all. We didn't take my DD anywhere for about 6 months we just sat at home waiting for it to pass. At least my son sleeps, DD decided it was pasee at about 26 months and stopped napping alltogether.

Just to commiserate, my son went in my room this morning pulled off his diaper and soaked our down comforter, and then he came and got me like he had something wonderful to show me. We don't spank, but man I needed a time-out to keep my cool.

I am coming out of the honeymoon phase with my diet. It's boring I want thai food really badly(Saturday is a free day, so I'll bank that craving). But I haven't screwed up, 2 more weeks and this phase will be over and foods will get more varied. Everytime I want to eat Off Plan I think I'm in the 180s, I don't want to stop now.

Jif- I think it's an excellent sign that you are recognizing your feelings and the fact that we all use food as a numbing agent. As a woman I think I have been socialized to play nice with others and I am a nice person, a good friend, an excellent wife and partner. What I have found is that when someone or something pisses me off I tell them I express it through the proper orifice LOL. I'm not a ***** but when DH is sullen and not speaking to me because he's in some artistic funk. I now tell him to go find somewhere else to sulk because I have a happy household to hold together and though we love him, that not speaking to us is borderline abusive and selfish. Before (2 years ago) I would have put on a big smile and tried to suck up to him with coffee and fresh baked cookies, then rebuffed, I would have gone and eaten them myself. Now he leaves early in the AM sometimes, before we are all up and I have no guilt and no anger.

The feelings that I still struggle not to "stuff" are the ones about myself, not worthy, not attractive, bad mother, bad daughter, and worst of all medocre in everything. These are so old, such a part of my core makeup, that I almost need to learn a new way to think to silence them. I'm working on it but I'm far from success.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I have had a good weekend until last night at 10:30 pm.

It started out with my husband's aunt from Connecticut came to town Saturday early afternoon. We went to eat at 2:30PM with them at a restaurant called the Royal Fork. I call it the Royal Gorge. It a buffet style restaurant. I did good one helping and had a good amount of salad. They paid for everyone and my sister in laws boyfriend didn't eat a thing. They paid for him and he just sat there. Oh they were mad and so was I. We could not believe he did that. Not a good first impression from him. The rest of the day was good. I didn't really eat supper because nobody was hungry. Then Sunday we went out of town to see other family and had a potluck. I did well and didn't gorge myself there. We got home around 9PM and had supper out. Needless to say that is where the good eating ended. I pigged out. Then we got home and my mother called. My Great Aunt passed away around 10:30PM. She was very sick so I am glad she is out of pain.

I am also a bad mommy. When we were at the picnic potluck out of town 50 minutes out of town. Steph got hungry and guess what the bottle was sitting on the floor in the living room. I was so embarrassed. There were no stores in this little town open to get a bottle at. Thank goodness another lady with a baby had a bottle to use. I had the formula but no bottle. I was about ready to cry. But that was over and she was fine afterwards.

Well that is all for now. I will let you know how things are later.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:55 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone!

Well.. we survived the weekend! - just not diet wise - AT ALL

I have my weigh in tonight - expecting a 1-2 lb gain - I had a lot of good food and no exercise. It was my husband's 15th highschool reunion this past weekend. What a hoot! We were out till 2 am - yawn!

I hope you all are well...

Dana
Old 08-05-2002, 11:45 PM   #9  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Hi Everyone,
I haven't had time to sit and read all of the posts I have missed lately so sorry for not getting "personal"

The update on me...the family is all moved in with my parents, and hubby and I are both out of work. Hard times have come down upon us for sure

The diet has been none existant and I have fallen off bad. I jump on my bike every other day and take it for a spin just to know that even though I'm not putting alot of time or effort into this anymore that at least I'm still getting some form of exercise. When I weighed in yesterday morning I was the same, staying steady at 236... I really can't complain.. at least I haven't gained.

I am going to try real hard to get back on track again, I don't want to put losing weight off to the side until the rainy day passes because then I'll just be regretting that I did when the sun comes out

Anyway ...I hope everyone is doing well and things are good for you all. Take care everyone.

Traci
Old 08-06-2002, 12:45 AM   #10  
beautiful

Default WOO-HOO!!!!

i have been OP or semi OP for 3 days in a row now. i have never felt better. today i went a little off but i still got a little bit of exercise in and even some water. i'm so excited because mt dew finally came out with a diet code red here!!

things are going pretty good here. dillon got accepted to pre school. i go to enroll him and meet his teacher tomorrow morning. i'm sure going to miss my baby like crazy but it will be a much needed break. i have no idea what i'm gonna do when he is at school... exercise maybe? LOL
Old 08-06-2002, 02:30 PM   #11  

Wow..a bit quiet in here, eh? Everyone outside enjoying the absolutly gorgeous weather? I don't know how it is everywhere else, but let me tell you...NY is having one of those PERFECT SUMMER days. Ahhhh. Just too bad am in my stuffy office. Oh well. It will be quitting time soon.

I have been doing pretty good. Well, am on my 2nd day OP streak. I was okay this weekend, just could have done better. Earned no points for 2 days, we'll just leave it at that. BUT I got 3 yesterday and so far today...am gonna make it another. Sandi..this point system is really working out well.

Sundrop..I just have to tell you..I really enjoyed your post today. I am working on my own "issues" of being the "perfect" person to everyone. That is one BIG thing I did wrong in my marriage. Instead of stopping my ex from letting his own frustrations and issues come out into our relationship, I allowed him to do it. I'd make a nice dinner, smile real big, give sweet kisses..do anything in my power to make him smile. I finally realized, it's not my job to try and make him happy and keep him that way. I always think that it's up to me to save the world. Now..I've been working on it. But I really enjoyed reading your post..just wanted to let you know.

Icewoman: Sounds like you had a busy busy weekend. No wonder why you forgot the bottle! lol

slimdown..You survived! How did everything go with the friendly little helpers down at the INS office?

Zap..Just keep reminding yourself that this is not forever. It will all work out. And you should be patting yourself on the back for continuing the exercise.

jkfla..Dillon is a big boy now! Wow, how time has flown. It will be good though for him...and you. Any new pics???

Old 08-06-2002, 03:09 PM   #12  

Wow, I agree with you Jennifer, no one around.

Yesterday was a good day for me and today has been a good one as well. I have been doing great on my food and did my exercise as well. I have to still work on the water, that is a little low, but I'll get it all down.

Jennifer, I did the instructional part of the Zumba tapes and it was great. I love them. They are fun and in the tape that I used it goes really slow and shows you all the moves so that your not starting behind. I recomend it to anyone!!

I won't be on again tonight because I have to go to my fathers house so they can watch my girls tomorrow. I have a job interview for a photography studio. I hope they pay enough for it to be worth my effort.

I'll be on again tomorrow night and talk to you then. Have a good evening and tomorrow morning.

Bella23
Old 08-06-2002, 07:44 PM   #13  

Am enjoying the beautiful weather our Canadian friends sent our way. Have also been having a couple of pretty good days planwise but the proof will come tomorrow at weigh in. It always seems like that's the day the numbers jump. But I'm still feeling better and drinking lots and exercising and eating better than before so the numbers should someday go down.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:49 PM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. I posted on the 30 day point challenge tally thread about an idea I had, please go and have a look at it and let me know what you think. I would paste it over here but I have no idea how to do that.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:30 PM   #15  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I just won an auction on ebay for 2 leslie sansone dvds - $15 for both.. and both are new. I hope they are good! Does anyone here use them?

Dana
Closed Thread