Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 08:45 AM   #31  

gbo - sorry you've had such a long siege with your back. And you were having such a good summer before that! Hopefully it will end soon (the siege, not the summer) and you can be your upbeat self again.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:27 AM   #32  

Grrrrrrrrrr

You know, this happens to me every so often, and I think it might be hormonal. I have no desire to leave my chair in the living room. The weather is absolute perfection (this must be why you miss the midwest, Denise! it's almost worth an entire month in the 100's), I've got students coming in 12 days, my entire office at school is OUT IN THE HALLWAY, my sister is having a C-section on Tuesday and her car is busted, so I'm the designated chauffeur, DH is out of town on business (AGAIN). Nothing dramatic, nothing that isn't just plain ole vanilla life, but I absolutely feel like tee-totalin' crap. If it happened this way every month, it would be easier to understand and plan for, but i get blind-sided about every three months.

Here's what I'm going to do about it....
1. Today, I will go to the grocery store and buy some decent food.
2. Today, I will take a walk outside.
3. Today, I will tidy up a bit.

Time for a little tough love....
Old 08-09-2002, 11:25 AM   #33  

Actually got off my rear this morning and took the kids out front to play, so I could get some yardwork done before it gets too hot. We were outside at 7! I used to not even get up this early, but Arizona is actually tolerable at this time of the day. We won't have nice weather (<100) until probably mid-October to early November. I can't wait!

Jacobsmommy - my husband simply had a torn tendon and orthepedic surgery, but we had some complications (long story) and he is going to take twice as long to recover. Plus he is a BIG wimp and cannot deal with pain in the least (thank goodness he didn't have to go through childbirth!)

This afternoon, I am going to get out of the house and take the kids to the park. If they can tolerate the heat, so can I! Besides, maybe it'll keep the fighting to a minimum!
I'm going to stay OP today, and eat only what I've planned on for the day. No more snacking!
Old 08-09-2002, 11:28 AM   #34  
Losin It For GOOD!

Ah, we are in the middle of month close again, which means STRESS CITY!! I am glad to report that I have stayed OP every day of the close, which has only taken several small miracles.

I am sorry I don't have time to do individuals!! But I'm thinking about all of you!
Old 08-10-2002, 05:42 PM   #35  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey Girlies-
well its saturday and I had a "reality" weigh in today. I do these every so often on the scale at my mom and dad's where I first weighed in, and where my official "begin" weight came from.

AND....

I weighed 256 lbs! Yippee! So that means 41 lbs lost. I still use the WW weigh in for my post below, and I'll wait until tuesday night to update my signature thingy, but Its always encouraging to check up on my progress against the "Original Scale". Perhaps I can buy a new one and then talk my mom into trading.

I ate too much at my in laws this afternoon, but I was STARVING. Of course, If I'd slowed down and thought through all my reality thoughts like:

1. Eat by the numbers (low point foods first!)
2. Are you really thirsty?
3. Are you really hungry?

Then I probably wouldn't have eaten so much.. but we are all allowed a day now and again to screw up.

We also went to the shelter this morning and totally fell in love with a rottweiler mix there (he would be a SMALL rotty though) who was 6 months old and just rescued from San Juan, Puerto Rico. He was SOOOOOOO cute, and really JUST what we were looking for, but of course, we can't get a new dog yet. Patience is a virtue!

Well I'm off to a huge unbirthday party for all of us who had birthday's while my sister was gone...

Hugs and Encouragement to you all!
Old 08-10-2002, 07:10 PM   #36  

Yesterday was a good day and today as well. I got a new shirt and a new pair of shoes today. It's always nice to get new stuff. Not much new has been going on. I finely got the Body for Life stuff in the mail so now I can officially start my new journey. I am going to stay on my food program. It works and I don't want to change it.

I am now in the process of finding a babysitter. Not an easy venture. But It will work out some how. I am also going to Vermont next week. I can't wait. It's been about a year since I have been up there. It will be nice to go home and see some of my family and friends. And I'll be about 10lbs thinner. That will be nice as well.

Well I hope everyone has a great day today and tomorrow if I don't get on.

Bella23
Old 08-10-2002, 07:54 PM   #37  

Feeling better, Debbers? Tough Love working?

Trip home to Vermont sounds like a real upper, Bella. Have fun.
And only a few more weeks till dh comes back, right?

Crystal, how's it going? Still having RA pain?

Last edited by anagram; 08-10-2002 at 07:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:58 PM   #38  

Oh update on my hubby,

He won't be coming back for at LEAST another 30 days. They arn't giving him a date any more. O'well, it was a nice thought, lol. But my local newspaper might be interviewing me this week about being the wife of a deployed soldier. That should be neat.

Bella23
Old 08-10-2002, 10:36 PM   #39  
beautiful

HI!! i hope y'all are having a nice weekend. its been ok here. not really OP OP but semi sorta OP. had the sickies the last few days so didnt really get out and do much. i did a little today though.

Jennifer--- yes i do have new pictures. i got 3 rolls of film developed and have 10 more
to get done. i tried uploading them to my website but i have been having problems and the
whole page was wiped out. i may try again and send it to you when i get it done. both
babies are getting so big. TOO big in fact. LOL

gbo---- sending you pain free vibes!!

sandi--- thanks! i have been doing a lot better the last couple weeks. i still splurge
on eating every now and then but i have been getting out and doing more around the yard and
in the house. we put up a clothes line and i sure break a sweat hanging out our clothes. LOL
Old 08-12-2002, 09:55 AM   #40  

Ok well I started my week off on the right foot. I weighed in today and lost 2.5lbs. I'm so happy. I am now in the 260's and haven't been there in such a long time. I am just pumped!!

I'll be going to the gym today after an insurance person comes to look at my truck. And I'm on my way to having a great food and water day as well. I don't think anything modivates you more then a loss!!

Well I hope everyone else had a great monday!

Bella23
Old 08-12-2002, 10:23 AM   #41  
Losin It For GOOD!

After my sucky saturday, I had a GREAT day yesterday!!

By 8 am I had done 1 1/4 of a mile with Leslie Sansone tapes, showered, and folded all the laundry! I was very proud.

Thanks to Slimdown I am a new Leslie Sansone fan. The first time I tried her, I found all her talking to be annoying! But after trying richard, I realized that her stuff is much easier, but still an AWESOME workout in only 30 minutes! I'm ready to go again tonight!

Plans for today:
1. Stay OP
2. Hit up some Leslie tonight
3. Go visit Greg at volleyball (maybe he'll let me play in the last game! But I'm not holding my breath!)

hope you all have a GREAT day!
Old 08-12-2002, 04:39 PM   #42  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Howdy Ladies!

My step sons are in town for 2 weeks visiting. They are 12 & 13 - 3 kids in the house! yikes!!! The food these boys eat is incrediable. My grocery bill has gone WAY up!

We we spurged yesterday and bought a second television. This way the boys can also play their video games. They get bored so easliy. After they go we will put the second tv in our bedroom. I have never had a tv in my room before. I used to be in the belief that you shouldn't have a tv in the bedroom... but now with kids I can understand

Tonight is weigh in - really only cheated Saturday - those darn chocolate chip made from scratch cookies called my name - MANY times! I then got my pep talk from Beth Anne and realized that I need to put my needs first while I have my guests.
Hopefully I will see a lose tonight - TOM is due to start soon so I won't hold my breath on a nice lose.

This afternoon I made peach cobbler - peaches are so amazing right now. I might have a small piece after my meeting. It called for a whole stick of butter

Dana
Old 08-12-2002, 07:30 PM   #43  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Bella - good job on your 2.5 lbs! It's always cool to go down to the next set of 10's

BethAnne - Everyone's been raving about those videos. Maybe I need to try them!

Dana - I feel your pain! I have two teenagers full time. They eat everything that's not nailed down.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:52 AM   #44  
Losin It For GOOD!

I am doing great and feeling pretty good, aside from needing to go to the doctor this afternoon... But its just female problems which are not really affecting my mood that much, so that's great!

I did the full 2 mile video with Leslie Sansone last night, and then got up early this morning and did 1.5 miles of that, and then floor exercises and stretching off the Richard Simmons video. Perfect workout, and I feel GREAT!

This OP challenge is really working for me.. I'm totally excited about how well I'm doing! Tonight we will see if my 3 point streak will have effect on the WW Scale! I also get to weigh at the doctors office, so that should be interesting to see how much I've lost since I was last there. I love hearing "You've lost weight! That's GREAT!" Hopefully my blood pressure will also still be down.

According to the scale at home I HAVE lost, so I'm expecting at least something tonight. Gotta keep up with the water though, I'm still having problems with retaining it... I hate that. Water can screw you up good

I also had my first success.. We went for dinner at some friends, and I managed to eat with the rest of them, a completely non-WW meal, but still stay OP! I was very proud, and got an email of "I'm proud of you!" from the hubby this morning too. Hooray!

Well, hopefully the rest of you are having a good day.

GBO- how's your back doing? I've been praying for you!

Dana - I'm proud of you for eating better! Thanks for mentioning the peach cobbler too, because we went to a friends for dinner, and I said "IS this the cobbler with 1 stick of butter?" and he said yes, so I just had one forkfull! You never know how your posts will help others, do you!
Old 08-13-2002, 12:29 PM   #45  

Hi everyone. I have missed alot, haven't I? I've been suffering with a sinus infection. Feeling lousy and work has been seriously nuts. I am feeling a bit better now, but still not wonderful.

Bella..I finally saw the Zumba infomercial! OMG That looks like SO much fun! Are you still enjoying them?

debbers..How are you feeling? Out of the blues yet? I know how tough it can be sometimes.

gbo..Aww, you poor thing. I hope your back is better soon.

BA..Congrats on your success! You are really working hard and it's paying off!

Slimdown..Going from one child to 3 children in one house overnight can be hard. Remember, take time for you.

Sandi..*HUGS*

Closed Thread