Old 12-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #16  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Water combats sodium, and I'll drink to that! Green tea too!

Also, because it's your TOM (I hear you, girl-- I'm there now too), your sentitivity to salt might also be increased. I can be up anywhere between 3-5 pounds during my TOM week, but I just have to stay on track and wait for the results!

Stay the course, Salsa! This is a bump in the road-- your progress is amazing!! Keep up the consistent good work!!
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #17  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Awww salsa, not much to say except hang in there. You've made such great progress so far, don't let a case of the salty blues derail you. One stop, one bottle of water, and one meal at a time. You'll do this!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #18  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

lots of good talk from everyone here.

the holidays, the shorter days, hormones (TOM), physical tiredness, those can be tough on a gal and her positive outlook, I experience the yuckiness of those things too.

you know, you've done really well on your weight loss, your health, your eating. take a deep breath and acknowledge that to yourself. PLUS, you are MORE than your weight loss. the weight loss is an admirable goal, and a gift your giving to yourself, and something you're showing great success at, but it is only one thing that is part of you.

what I'm trying to say is to keep the ups and downs of the weight loss effort in perspective.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #19  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64 View Post
the weight loss is an admirable goal, and a gift your giving to yourself, and something you're showing great success at, but it is only one thing that is part of you.
Thank you for this, because it's so, so true. I find that I can get so caught up in this mission I feel it almost defines me. Losing my grasp or seeing a slight gain, no matter how temporary, feels like an assault on my identity. (That sounded way more dramatic than intended, but I don't have another way to explain it.)

I need to remind myself that losing weight isn't who I am. It's something I'm doing.

Again, thank you for this insight.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #20  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like a combination of things are giving you a case of the blues ...

Take care of yourself, like you said - drinking water, getting some rest, and staying on plan - and I hope you feel better soon.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #21  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Salsa I know just how you're feeling!
Earlier on in the week I suddenly felt fat and bloated and on facing the scales found I was up 2lbs with no explanation. I totally panicked and felt like I was suddenly going to lose control and put all the weight back on again and that I didn't know how to do this anymore.
I posted on here and it was suggested that sodium and water retention could be the problem, so I gave some thought to what I'd eaten over the few days before and low and behold over two days I'd had two high sodium meals which I haven't eaten in a LONG time. One is one of DH's favourite meals and the other DD's, and I'd done them because they'd been asking for them for ages. Thinking back, even at the time of eating them I remember feeling SO full like I used to at my heaviest, uncomfortable and yuck....
So I've stuck with it even though I've been miserable and three days later the numbers on the scales are back down and even half a pound lower than they were.
Now I look back I think how silly I was to panic like that, but when it's happening it's like a bad nightmare, all those horrible memories from us at our heaviest and feeling terrible, and being really scared they're going to come back and get us.
I don't know if this will have helped at all, but I just wanted you to know you're not alone feeling like this.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #22  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Exclamation interim update

Hi ladies,

I don't know what to say. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you've written.

This is a really hard time at the moment. I'm at a point in therapy where I've begun digging up some things about my past. It's both incredibly difficult and immensely relieving and uplifting. My family (where I think many of my problems come from) are spectacular at not keeping in touch and it's hard for me to trust either of my parents. There are some lovely friends around me, but not many close enough that I can really talk to.

The early sunsets suck royally, but today I got myself out for an hour-long walk in the afternoon, which helped a lot. I'm thinking about dragging myself out for a run early in the morning, even if it is pitch black out there. The sunrises are worth it and the fresh air has got to help in kicking my systems into gear.

As for food: about an hour ago I took a big bowl and poured lots of yummy dessert into it. Took a couple of (tea)spoonfuls, there's tons left, and...nope, dessert is not going to make me feel better. This isn't the stuff you can pour back into the carton, so down the sink it'll go.

<warning: religion stuff coming up>

So I find myself in a position where I don't feel I can completely trust those around me. But because I do feel the need to completely open up, I guess the answer is to turn to Christ (I've been a Catholic since I was tiny). Only, ack, when you've trusted people who have hurt you, and you've never really had a personal relationship with God, the idea of making yourself vulnerable again, and to someone who you can't see, to boot, is terrifying. But, uh, Scripture says over and over I should trust Christ more than I actually would any other person, so I guess my fears (whilst real) are me seeing things in a mirror.

If that made sense. Gah.

<end religion stuff>

Ok, I'm going to stop waffling now. Hand on heart, I can't say that I'm out of whatever hole it was on Friday that had me in a tizz. But I think things are looking up. Thanks again for your support. It's good, so good to know that you guys are here to encourage me take control of what I can and let go of the rest. You're very special folks
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote