yoga pants?

• I am starting an exercise class in January and have been debating what to wear. I like the idea of yoga pants but have no idea what size. Can anyone recommend a store where I can try on large size yoga pants? Size 18 regular pants seem to fit me now. Do the sizes of yoga pants work the same way?

Thanks!
  • I have always gotten my danskin ones from walmart They go up to plus sizes.
  • Thanks Tanee, Walmart is familiar territory but I never thought of it for yoga pants. The idea of me even considering yoga pants is kind of surreal!
  • Omg I love my danskin ones from walmart and they come in a 2X I believe... they are so comfy and amazing and cheap
  • I like Target!
  • Old Navy--if you're an 18, you should be able to fit into an XL, but may need an XXL--I've had to get both, it depends on the pants.
  • http://alturl.com/xyxm

I love this Land's End sports pants. they're not super cheap, but they last, are comfortable, and look good

if you're confused about size, you can use the body measurement charts.
  • The Penneys here usually has a good selection of yoga pants (most of the time they're on sale, too)
  • Sports Authority has a good selection to try on, and then you can often find them cheaper online somewhere else once you establish a size. WalMart & Target are good as well.
  • I love love yoga-type pants! I am currently in a size 16, sometimes an 18. I have some from The Gap, size XL, Lululemon in a size 14 - which are my fav, but definitely an investment piece! I got some from Lucy in an XL, Aritzia in a size XL as well. I think as a size 18 you'd be pretty close to any XL, so get out and try some on!

-Aimee
  • My best guess would be that you would wear a 1X in a plus size or an XL/XXL in a misses size. I got wonderful yoga pants from Modell's Sporting Goods store, love them.
  • Seconding the Gap love. I'm currently wearing a pair of regular XL yoga pants from there, and they are comfy and look great. I practically live in them around the house. I just bought a pair of size 14 jeans from the Gap (that's in US sizes; they claim to be UK 18/US 14) but I've had these particular pants since at least 20 pounds ago, when I was much closer to a US 18 in size, and they're very forgiving.
  • I 2nd Lands End, they also have really good sports bras.
  • OMG - I LOVE LOVE LOVE (standing on one foot with the other in the air) LOVE lululemon yoga pants! I just had a total NSV this last weekend with lululemon pants. I have been drooling over them for well over a year but they didn't make a size big enough for my backside. Well.....taaa daaa.....I tried a pair on this weekend and they FIT! Oh, color me happy. Yeah.....a total investment purchase but I absolutely love them. I know, I know....how can a person LOVE a pair of pants? I'm not real sure but I really do love 'em!

I've also found Nike is a good brand. K-Mart seems to have a pretty good selection of Bond brand but they may not be available in the USA - I'm not sure.