Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Can I whine just a little bit...

I just need to whine a little bit.

Although I have continued to lose weight I am still in between sizes. I am so frustrated! And with all of that I feel my body is looking worse!!! Let me explain, in the beginning I started losing weight around my middle and I thought 'Fabulous'! But now, I'm losing weight around my hips and thighs so the stomach is sticking out again. I have lost no weight in my bust so finding a good fit in tops is not fun. Arggh!

It's new territory dressing this body. The old body, I knew what looked good. Walked in and could find many things that fit. And while I'm thrilled that I weigh less and wear smaller sizes, the idea that this is going to be a never ending battle from month to month is very frustrating to me. I hate constantly having to find clothes that fit. Clothes shopping used to be so much fun for me but not anymore. It's just work!

It's the holidays and I can not find anything that looks good on me. I even had a nightmare last night about dress shopping. I either couldn't find anything in my size or when I did it either didn't look good or it was too big/too small in some area of my body. And that pretty much it what is happening.

Having said all that, I just want to add that I am proud of my current wt. loss. I am not going back to where I was, and in the grand scheme of things this is actually not such a bad complaint to have. I know it will get better in time.

WHINE OVER

I'm just wondering, if anyone else has gone through this phase and what you did to get through it (besides the obvious--continuing to lose wt).
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I've definitely gone through this. I think my big thing is just that I didn't use to care what I wore, as long as it fit and didn't hug my fat roll I was fine. Now I'm getting pickier and I want to wear things that flatter me. My real shape is coming out and I am proud of my body for the first time in years! Like you said, consider this just a phase and be grateful that you're not where you used to be. I got through it by just being patient, my clothes looked a little frumpy for a while (and I'm still wearing work pants that are too big), but I'd rather be frumpy than the size I was. Congrats on your losses so far!! You're doing amazing!

Last edited by stargzr; 11-30-2009 at 02:56 PM.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I think everyone goes through that... I had to buy myself a couple new shirts and pants this weekend because some of my clothes were seriously starting to look ridiculous. I'm sure I'll need to go shopping again in a couple months but hopefully these will look a little better for a while.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

I completely understand!! I was trying to find an outfit tomorrow for something that is business casual and I was like oh I know JUST what to wear. I went and grabbed it and it used to fit perfectly, but now it's too loose and looks sloppy. My body is two different sizes and none of my clothes fit the way I want them too. ARGH Frustrating I agree!
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #5  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackie View Post
My body is two different sizes and none of my clothes fit the way I want them too. ARGH Frustrating I agree!
Same here!!!

If only my middle/bottom half could catch up to my top! Argh!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I totally understand!!!

This is exactly how it is for me. I used to wear very over-sized tent-like clothes, and now I'm wearing stuff with waists, belts, and stuff that actually fits.

To me, it looks like my stomach sticks out more. I'm so used to wearing clothes that hang.

But everyone else notices how much weight I've lost when I wear clothes that fit, even though all I see is tummy.

I'm sure it will take us a while to slim down to the point where we're actually happy with how we look, but I don't think those loose tummy-hiding clothes were really fooling anyone.

I also get frustrated because I can't pull off the big boxy blazer that hides everything look. My upper body and arms are getting close to a normal size, my mid section is still fat and my butt and thighs are pretty slim. I'm like a 14 everywhere except my mid-section, which is still an 18.

Last edited by ubergirl; 11-30-2009 at 04:25 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #7  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Can you kinda sorta say something about something that you can wear?

I didn't realize I could wear a 14 (and I can't wear all 14s (can't wear Levi's, for example). I thought I should be wearing an 18. Then when I was wearing an 18, I was like "Why do all my clothes look like CRAP?"

'cause they were all too big, duh!

Cardigans might be good, especially the ones without buttons. (they may be your equivalent of boxy blazers now) Maybe, with a skirt?...and a surplice (wrap, v-neck?) shirt? those are flattering for those of us that are busty with funny bellies...

This weekend, I tried on my mom's "fat pants" the 14 Gloria Vanderbilt jeans from Kohl's, and they FIT me.

Last edited by weebleswobble; 11-30-2009 at 04:35 PM.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Oh, I hate being between sizes! I often feel like I look good one minute, and bad the next. I get so excited to go down from a loose clothing size, but then feel like a failure all over again when that new size clings to every flaw!

Such is life, I suppose . I know I look better, it's just that clothing can be frustrating. I wouldn't trade the old for the new any day, though!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Can you take someone shopping with you? Their eyes are sure to be better than yours; less critical. And it's more fun that way!

We're about the same height, and though it's expensive, I like Lane Bryant's "Right Fit" line. There are three different body types to choose from when choosing a size. I won't pay the money now because I'm hoping to be out of that store within a few months, but the clothes definitely flatter me.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

I spent FOREVER between sizes, so it seemed. Before I started losing, my middle portion around my waist was the smallest. Then I started losing fat off my behind and my thighs, but my middle was losing at a slower weight so I felt like I still had a big gut. It has evened out somewhat (although my tummy still feels big) but for awhile there I was seriously in size limbo. 18W was too big, 18 was skin tight. Now I'm stuck between 14 and 12. Still frustrating, but a lot better than being stuck between 18 and 20 which is where I was a year ago today.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #11  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oh yeah, I get excited when a bulge disappears, only to have it reappear when an adjoining part changes and makes the first bulge magically reappear. It's a push and pull between "I look better" and "Gah! How can I possibly look worse after losing this much?!"

Sigh. I'm realizing that my body image and my weight are both connected and very disconnected at the same time. Yes, being thinner makes me feel better about how I look in some ways (better in that I don't want to go back to what I was and I'm not quite as self conscious in public), but I still have such a distorted negative body image overall that I probably wouldn't be happy with it no matter what I weigh. It's definitely something I need to work through, but jeez it's hard.

Last edited by CLCSC145; 11-30-2009 at 05:14 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

You guys have no idea how much better you've made me feel. While I'm sorry any of us has to go through 'limbo' it's good to know I'm crazy--this really happens to people.

BTW, love the cardigan idea! I do have one that I wear alot and it is very forgiving. Maybe I could find a festive cardigan set for my holiday parties.....got me thinking and I'm feeling encouraged!

Thanks friends!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #13  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm wearing one right now, it's a cross between a cardigan and a shawl...everyone raves over it. it's got tight sleeves but the body is kinda capey, no buttons. I wear a tight shirt under it, but I can draw it around me if I'm feeling fat or cold. it's very chic. I bought it at kohl's...I have two, one is short sleeved, one long.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I have two bellies (I'm an hourglass shape) -- one small belly, narrow waist, one big belly (with hips). I lost weight most of it in my big belly which now makes my small belly LOOK HUGE. I see pictures and my shirts cling to that area and I grimace.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #15  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I have had the same problem as well. Hoping I can get my tummy to disappear but haven't found the right answer yet.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote