3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Binge Dreams... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/187225-binge-dreams.html)

ubergirl 11-30-2009 08:25 AM

Binge Dreams...

Does this happen to other people?

I dream that I'm binging-- last night it was french fries and chocolate cake.

While I'm binging, I panic and realize I'm not supposed to be binging.

I frantically wonder what to do about it, then I remind myself I'll have to go fess up on 3FC.

So far it hasn't happened in real life, LOL.

kelly315 11-30-2009 08:27 AM

This used to happen to me a ton when I first started losing weight! I remember a thread from back then, and this actually does happen to a lot of us. Doesn't it feel great to wake up in the morning and have that guilt go away when you realize you didn't mess up?

weebleswobble 11-30-2009 08:29 AM

I have vivid scary nightmares, so I understand how it feels to wake up and feel that reality is skewed.

We had a family member who had a sleepwalking incident (not food-related), and while I was doing research on it, I read that there were people who sleep-binged. They'd eat bizarre combinations of non-edibles and edibles (cigarette butt sandwiches, etc, eat the jar of crisco with a spoon, etc)...and they would have no idea why they were gaining weight because they were compliant with their diet in their waking hours.

paris81 11-30-2009 09:11 AM

That has never happened to me! How interesting...I wonder, it doesn't sound like the dream triggers binge feelings in real life--but does it do the opposite? Does it make you feel that you binged, without the guilt and calories of actually having done it? The mind's way to deal with something while you sleep, perhaps. Or maybe it does nothing, it's just a dream!

ubergirl 11-30-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paris81 (Post 3028718)
That has never happened to me! How interesting...I wonder, it doesn't sound like the dream triggers binge feelings in real life--but does it do the opposite? Does it make you feel that you binged, without the guilt and calories of actually having done it? The mind's way to deal with something while you sleep, perhaps. Or maybe it does nothing, it's just a dream!

There's no pleasure experience of eating in the dream...and it doesn't make me feel like binging IRL... it's more of a panic dream...

It reminds me of the kinds of dreams I used to have about school-- like I suddenly realized that I walked into a final exam without studying or attending a single class. UGH.

Tai 11-30-2009 11:53 AM

Ubergirl, I had these dreams too! Very much as you described yours; a feeling of panic. I would wake thinking I really had been eating. It's a weird feeling, but the dreams went away after a time.

ubergirl 11-30-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai (Post 3028952)
Ubergirl, I had these dreams too! Very much as you described yours; a feeling of panic. I would wake thinking I really had been eating. It's a weird feeling, but the dreams went away after a time.

Nice to know I'm not alone!

Maybe the dreams bode well for success.

Tai 11-30-2009 12:06 PM

You are already a success!

starfishkitty 11-30-2009 03:46 PM

Here's a thought....

Back when I used to be a party girl, and thus addicted to certain hard drugs, after I quit/went cold turkey... I had dreams for YEARS afterwards about doing them.

Funny how we don't realize that in a way, food can be a drug too. Going cold turkey, or making changes like we need to, can show us just how addicted our minds/bodies were to those bad foods!

ThicknPretty 11-30-2009 04:14 PM

I actually sleep-binge sometimes. It usually happens when I wake up to go pee...and I'll still be like half asleep. And I get this overwhelming urge to eat SOMETHING...usually something in particular that I noticed earlier in the day and kind of wanted. It has nothing to do with hunger and is exactly like the binge urges I have during the day.

But I've also had those dreams...there is nothing like watching yourself stuff your face and having no control over it...omg.

kuhrisuh 11-30-2009 04:55 PM

I have dreams about eating.. and eating and eating and eating. I dont have them so much anymore, but when I did it was always the best feeling just WAKING UP and realizing I hadn't eaten a whole pizza and take out chinese...

HVEECK 12-03-2009 05:07 AM

I have had nightmares about binging quite a bit. It can go one of two ways. either its like you described where its like a panic feeling of uncontrollable eating then feeling releived when i wake up and realize I hadn't binged, or it could be a dream of really enjoying the food, then craving the food when i wake up. either way, it sucks

TIARA 12-03-2009 05:11 AM

lol this still happenz to me and the funny part is i can remember my whole dream and every thing i ate...i always feel guilty and beat myself up uptill i wake up and find out its a dream i then feel totally relieved.. why is it the stupid dreams we remember but the really good ones we forget...