3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   More numbers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/186983-more-numbers.html)

salsa chip 11-24-2009 04:36 AM

More numbers

and oh, how TANTALIZING they are!

First of all, just now I weighed 209 :carrot: Onederland here I come! It's so strange to see that zero in the middle (though I'm sure it'll come and go over the next few days).

Second, that brings me to 39lbs lost - one lb away from a new chickie avatar. Funny how a little tiny graphic on the internet can help you feel so darned good about yourself ;)

Thirdly -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...at101229AM.png

The journey from a BMI of 31 to 30 has been tough - mainly because of me not believing in myself, a mistake I'll try not to make again - but look at that. I'm almost overweight! In a good way! Holy woah Batman!

Not that I'm an expert at this, far from it, but if anyone's out there who is just starting out, take the following for what it's worth: almost four months ago my life fell apart, several things went *click* in my head, and I decided to start to really take my weight seriously.

It seemed (and still seems...) so incredibly daunting. The idea of losing almost 100lbs, in the 3fc company of major successes, was terrifying and nigh impossible. The prospect of being 20lbs down was astonishing, let alone anything more than that. Now I'm down almost twice that, my ticker's almost halfway, and I can shop in "normal" stores (when I have the money, lol).

I often still feel like a newbie lurker here, even though I'm not. If I can say anything to help people get started, I hope it's this: Do not be afraid. Don't let your mind play tricks on you - it's just as confused as you are! You can do this, and in fact you already are doing this. Believe in yourself! In four months' time you'll be sitting here making threads about your weight loss and having a similarly dizzy moment. Enjoy it. Enjoy you.

*climbs back down from soap box*

:D

thistoo 11-24-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salsa chip (Post 3023782)
Enjoy it. Enjoy you.

Possibly the best advice I've ever read here. Excellent post. :)

And congratulations on hitting the overweight mark! That was hard-won for me as well, so I know how excited you are right now.

salsa chip 11-24-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thistoo (Post 3023824)
Possibly the best advice I've ever read here. Excellent post. :)

And congratulations on hitting the overweight mark! That was hard-won for me as well, so I know how excited you are right now.

Thank you! I'm just a hair's breadth away and am really really looking forward to the day - hopefully soon - when fitday tells me my BMI is 29.xx :cool:

AbbySinthe 11-24-2009 07:33 AM

:bravo: Congrats on all your victories! I'm sure you're going to continue to amaze yourself in the coming months. And thank you so much for that great advice... :)

salsa chip 11-24-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbySinthe (Post 3023850)
:bravo: Congrats on all your victories! I'm sure you're going to continue to amaze yourself in the coming months. And thank you so much for that great advice... :)

Thank you AbbySinthe!

ubergirl 11-24-2009 09:44 AM

Salsa!!! So proud of you and happy for you! Just being overweight is a HUGE milestone. And I bet you look terrific!!

dragonwoman64 11-24-2009 10:03 AM

wow! :cp: :cp: congrats! :cp: :cp:

it makes a difference to my mindset to read about these victories, it helps me to keep trying, and to keep believing I can finally do it.

salsa chip 11-24-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 3023994)
Salsa!!! So proud of you and happy for you! Just being overweight is a HUGE milestone. And I bet you look terrific!!

Thank you! And....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonwoman64 (Post 3024031)
wow! :cp: :cp: congrats! :cp: :cp:

it makes a difference to my mindset to read about these victories, it helps me to keep trying, and to keep believing I can finally do it.

...thank you!

A few weeks ago I actually found a photo I'd taken of myself a couple of weeks before I started losing weight. At the time I was a lurker on 3fc :tape: and decided to brave the camera and mirror in the hotel room I was staying in at the time. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to do the whole before/during/after thing too :)

I just now told my sister that I'm 0.08 kg/m^2 away from being overweight. Her response?

Quote:

!
That's SO within measuring error.
LK SRSLY
We're both nerds, haha! :lol: Who knows, maybe my scale is a bit off and my BMI is already 29.xx. Never mind - I'll wait til I can see it :P

JulieJ08 11-24-2009 12:07 PM

Inspiring post :D

Rosinante 11-24-2009 12:13 PM

Congratulations! That's great!