3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   For two days now (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/186829-two-days-now.html)

Rosinante 11-21-2009 02:00 PM

For two days now

I've eaten real meals. Maybe not quite in small enough portions yet but at least real food not any old thing fried and stuffed inbetween 2 slices of bread. It's an improvement.
Yesterday and today I ate no chocolate.
Today I ate no candy at all.
It may not be much but it's an improvement.

salsa chip 11-21-2009 02:04 PM

It's an improvement and it's big :) I'm learning that "eating better" is, just like you say, about eating real food!

So, good for you! Keep it up - the portion size will come. I've found that once I was eating proper meals, I was full after much less than when I just stuffed any old whatnot into my trap.

rakel 11-21-2009 02:33 PM

For me, the speed in which I was eating also affects how much I eat. This is definitely one of the biggest things I struggle with and I know it will take time to get used to. For me, it's still a problem even if I am eating real food.

rockinrobin 11-21-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosinante (Post 3020780)
I've eaten real meals. Maybe not quite in small enough portions yet but at least real food not any old thing fried and stuffed inbetween 2 slices of bread. It's an improvement.
Yesterday and today I ate no chocolate.
Today I ate no candy at all.
It may not be much but it's an improvement.

Okay. Okay!! Improvements. Improvements are GOOD. Start incorporating them. Grasp that control. Rein it back in by setting up some rules for yourself. Rules are good. Boundaries. We need them. They make life more "sane". Inching your way back to where you belong, finding that food "sanity" once again. You're gonna get there. I know it. You can do this my friend. You CAN do this. And you should. And you will and you know you're going to be thrilled when you do. You're on your way. One day at a time. Make that one hour at a time. Better yet fifteen minutes at a time. With each and EVERY food choice. Each and every. :hug:

Arctic Mama 11-21-2009 04:55 PM

That is a great start! Like Robin said, it's just the culmination of one good choice at a time. Real food is a VERY good choice, and will make things like getting your nutrients and controlling your portions that much easier.

Big hugs, you can do it!

cathydoe 11-21-2009 06:07 PM

Chant with me: IMPROVEMENTS! IMPROVEMENTS! incorporating! incorporating! I can do this! I can do this! >scream an excited winning scream<

Way 2 Go Rosinante :thanks2: <------cheering squad

Windchime 11-21-2009 06:07 PM

I actually think that it IS a big deal. For me, the biggest hurdle in losing weight is the mental battle that has to be won before I can make the right choices physically. Once the mental part is done, the physical part follows. So you're doing the tough part right now, which is winning the mental battle.

mtloser 11-21-2009 06:38 PM

Way to go! That is a huge triumph.

I know when I give up sweets and/or caffeine.. I feel awful a day or two.. but then I really start to feel better.

Rosinante 11-22-2009 03:14 AM

Thankyou for the support.
I especially like the idea that the better I eat, the less I'll eat, because of the quality of what I'm eating.
I'll also think about eating more slowly too. I'm not really a bolter but I do tend to eat without thinking/savouring sometimes.
Onto day 3.