Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #61  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

When cfmama first posted this, I was not feeling the cold yet but now......! I was thinking that I have been cold just because it is cold outside, but my husband was laughing at me this weekend. He said that in years past when it was this cold outside, I would be wearing a light jacket outside and a tee shirt inside but now I am bundled up in a tee shirt, turtleneck, and sweater and staying under a blanket as much as possible. He is probably right!

I hope this means that this summer I will be more comfortable!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I spent last winter pregnant so I had about 30 extra pounds plus that great "pregnancy heater." I was warm all winter. This year I am already freezing all the time. That's the one thing I do not look forward to about losing weight. Oh, well, that's what electric blankets and heating pads are for.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #63  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Sad part is I weighed the same last winter but it already feels worse so far this year and our temps haven't even gone below 40 yet. I am dreading this winter.

Oh and I think I may have read about why those who lose weight are cold and also why they have to eat less than those who have never been obese. I was reading this article about brown fat vs white fat. Apparently we are born with brown fat and we never really gain it (at least that is what it sounded like). So we can only lose brown fat. Well brown fat burns calories (more than white fat) and is also used to keep us warm. Apparently, there have been studies doing MRIs on various people and the amount of brown fat they contain. Well obese people have less brown fat than those of a normal weight. So it seems like brown fat is a good thing to have but if you become obese, then your body may shed the brown fat because it has white fat. Well if you lose the white fat and can never gain the brown fat, then it would make sense that you would be colder than if you never gained weight as well as having an overall lower metabolism than if you had never gained weight.

I don't know if that makes sense or if I'm even summarizing very well.
That makes sense. I don"t remember being excessively cold when I was younger and thin. All the more reason to move to a warmer climate!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #64  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I am SO cold since losing 50lbs! My finger nails are actually blue tinged today because my hands are so cold, and that's in the house lol. I usually sit with a blanket on my lap at home but really need some warmer jumpers to keep my arms warm.
Hopefully though when it comes to summer this year I won't feel like I'm sweating EVERYWHERE!
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #65  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

You could try wearing long underwear under your pajamas. I have hot flashes some so I have the opposite problem. I wear summer pajamas to bed sometime. You could also wear a hat during the day that can help you keep warm.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #66  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Oh dear. I am cold all the time at 227 lbs.. I hate to think it will be worse when I am 127, as I hope to be eventually.

knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote