Leftovers

• I just made the most scrummy squash risotto EVER. It's portioned for two people.

And...even though it's really REALLY hard, I'm going to save the second portion for another time. I'm not going to have that second portion tonight. Instead I'm going to have a sensible dessert.

But it's really hard because it's SO SCRUMPTIOUS.

But I'm almost full and I don't need a second portion.

Arrrgh!

Welcome to the messed-up world that is Inside Salsa's Head.
  • Ok. Leftovers safely in the fridge. I'm going to have to schedule in "leftover night" in my weekly dinner schedule at this rate
  • I love leftovers- lately I find myself making extra so that I can take it to work the next day and enjoy them there as well
  • If I am making food for multiple nights, before I start eating it for the FIRST night, I right away pack up enough for the second night. Firmly. Tightly. Seal it up. This way I can't/won't dive into it and eat more then I "should".
  • Squash risotto sounds delish! I am so going to have to add that onto my schedule in the next couple weeks. I'm glad you managed to get it put in the fridge though. I need to start scheduling in some leftovers nights too. I frequently do the same as Robin and put away extras before I start, then I'm not tempted by things that are extra yummy.
  • I also package up leftovers for lunch during the week. That way I am not tempted to eat more. I know that I will get to enjoy it again soon

I usually cook on the weekend for the whole week. I package everything into serving-size containers as soon as the food is done. It minimizes the "sampling" and "nibbling" and "grazing" that I used to be so fond of doing
  • I freeze them. INSTANTLY. I have to do that with roast turkey or chicken. I am a protein hound and I will just nibble and nibble till it's all gone! So into the freezer it goes EVEN IF I am planning on eating it the next day