Old 10-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #1  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Default Scared

I posted last weekend saying we were going away in our motorhome for 5 days and I was really worried I wouldn't be able to stay on track whilst away.
I got some great advice and went away feeling very determined and I'm pleased to stay I did really well.
Not planned for was one small spoon of ice cream, one very small candy and one glass of wine (which I didn't even enjoy).
I didn't manage as much exercise as I'd hoped for as the pool was very busy so only managed to do lengths one day, but I did walk more than usual and made an effort to do some dancing with DD on a night.
The thing is today is my usual weigh in day. I weigh first thing after visiting the toilet and as we only go home mid afternoon I can't weigh today, so tomorrow morning is going to be my weigh in.
I'm scared because although compared to all holidays before I've been SO good and have exercised more than normally on holiday, I'm used to exercising hard at the gym 5 or 6 times a week, so I know that that will have made a difference.
As much as I desparately want to see a loss on the scales in the morning, deep down I'm expecting a gain because of the change in routine and it will be my first on this journey, and I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle it.
I know if I'd thrown caution to the wind like I usually do and eaten everything in sight while away it would be a lot worse, and I am really proud of myself for breaking what has been a habit on holiday for years, but I need to find a way to deal with those numbers on the scale if they're not what I hoped for, and move forward to a new week.
Any words or wisdom or advice?
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Relax! You've done a wonderful job staying on plan and exercising as much as you could. You've lost a lot of weight so far, and it doesn't just show physically. It shows in your obvious self discipline and the good habits you've worked hard to form. Keep giving yourself credit, you've earned it! If the scale doesn't move down as much as you like this week, remember that this is life. There will be times when we can't go to the gym as much as we'd like, but you still took good care of yourself. That's what it's about, isn't it? Congrats on a victorious holiday!!

Jenny
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Even if you are up a tinch on the scale tomorrow I'm sure you can have it off again in a week.

You are not alone though. Despite my best efforts, I have really been struggling for the past two weeks because my scale keeps going up, up up, and then down, and then back up, up, up... and I have been pretty much getting nowhere fast.

The thing is, I know I have been making my best effort (as you have) and so I am just making peace with it. At no point did I give up and throw in the towel. This is a journey... each step is a chance for you to learn more about yourself and your strength. Stick with it!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I am sure that you did well with what you did and you said it you were in control!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #5  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Give yourself a pat on the back! You showed a lot of self control. Remember that weight loss is not linear, there are ups, there are downs, there are even those no change weeks, months, etc. I would chalk that trip up on the victory board, you could have came back not fitting in your pants!
Losing weight isn't just about losing weight.

GOOD JOB!!!

Last edited by KaCee J; 10-30-2009 at 04:16 PM.
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

The most important thing now is to get back on your usual program. I would suggest skipping the scales tomorrow and waiting a week. If you feel that not weighing would give you license to indulge in food for a week or two, then get on the scales. It sounds like you did well on your trip. Weight tends to go up and down and whatever the scales show won't mean much anyway.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I say don't weigh. Just carry on as you have been and when the day comes that you feel a little less fragile and more able to face whatever the dial throws at you (it will most likely be lower), then do it. My motto is that when I'm so worried about it, it's kind of like that saying, better to be thought stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt: Well, it's better for you to suspect you have gained then to weigh and remove all doubt. This way you can keep a more positive attitude and when you are READY, then weigh.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #8  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Panic over!
I was really worried last night when I went to bed and did consider not weighing today, but then I thought it would just bug me all the time til next Friday so I'd be better knowing.
I got on the scales this morning to find I've lost another 1.5lbs!!!!!!! I've actually lost weight whilst on holiday!!!! That has got to be a first in this lifetime for me, and shows just how far I've come.
I'm SO happy that I managed to break the habit of years from going on holiday and eating and drinking constantly and doing as little exercise as possible, and instead I ate sensibly and went out of my way to get as much exercise in as I could. It feels like when I started this journey and thought "if I can just get through today" and with each day conquered it got easier. Now I have a holiday where I was in control under my belt which should make it easier on future ones, and it was SO worth it.
Off to the gym now, it will probably kill me this morning after not working out properly for a week lol.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

oh i am so thrilled for you!!! well done girl, that is really an amazing achievement. you are in control and you kicked butt!!!!
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote