Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 06:39 PM   #31  

I just purchased a new work out video called "Zumba" for information about it you can go to www.zumbafitness.com It looks like a blast. More like latin dancing then a workout. I should be getting it in a few days, so I'll tell you what I think about it when it comes.

Today has been a great day for me. My hubby finely got paid so we went food shopping today and I got lots of good for me stuff. That made me happy.

Well I hope all of you had a good day as well. I'll chat with you later.

Bella23
Old 07-31-2002, 07:20 PM   #32  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Well tomorrow we leave for my in-laws - drop off Sara then go on to Minneapolis. Oh Fun. We were going ot my inlaws anyhow this weekend for Jim's high school reunion.
I really hope this is going to be a good diet for me.. the next 3 nights I will be at the inlaws. I will be going grocery shopping before we leave tomorrow. I want to try to prevent some damage.

Dana
Old 07-31-2002, 07:30 PM   #33  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Fall is my favorite season too, both spring and fall because the sun is still out a lot but it isn't too hot. I also love rain and thunderstorms. Maybe it is not so much the end of summer but the end of a season.

Have you tried tae-bo? I would do exercise videos if I had a/c, as it is I sweat like crazy just walking around the house. I have some tae-bo tapes and some old Buns of Steel videos. I can practically talk along with TamiLee Webb, I've watched them so much. But hey they work and that's what is important.
Old 07-31-2002, 11:56 PM   #34  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Dyan - I agree that it helps to break it down into smaller increments. I have broken mine down into 10 lbs. chunks, and now it seems so much more manageable.

Jennelle
Old 08-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #35  

Hi everyone. Looks like a quiet day here. Almost Friday, thank goodness. Been one of those weeks for me. Glad it will be over soon.

Dyanm..Believe me, we all can sit here and analize how many lbs we each need to lose. It could drive anyone insane. Your not crazy nor alone. Like everyone said, take it a few lbs at a time. I am trying to do that right now. When we set small goals, focus on the near future, makes it alot easier.
And believe, it will all come off in time.

Slimdown..Try to enjoy your trip and hubbys class reunion. That should be fun despite the lil trip to the govt office.

bella..glad to hear hubby got paid..it stinks having no money or "good food" for ourselves. I think I may check out those latin dance tapes. I might enjoy them more then other tapes.

Fall is my favorite time of year. The colors of the leaves, the weather, the "newness"....reminds me of when I was a kid, going back to school, new clothes, new friends..ahh, I loved it.

Old 08-01-2002, 03:16 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks Ladies!

I'm gonna take the advice given and do 25 lbs at a time! That's so much nicer than 125 lbs mor to lose.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:30 PM   #37  

Well today has been horrible. I haven't felt great today and because of that my will power has gone to pot. I haven't eaten terrible food just all carbs. Not my program. Then to top it all off, I got 2 cold sores. One by my nose one under my lower lip. That just sucks. I think it's from my stress and TOM. I thought TOM was going to be easy this month, no cramps to start, then about two days after it started it really hit me, I feel horrible. O'well it should be over soon. I just have to get my but moving so I don't gain any wieght this week.

Well I hope your all having a better day.

I'm making dinner and it is a great dinner for my diet. I'm having hamburgers (low fat) with tomato sauce and cheese, and a huge salad. So hopefully that will be enough to get me through the evening!!

Bella23
Old 08-01-2002, 11:16 PM   #38  

Totally off subject, but might be of interest to somebody...

I'm not much of a clothes hound, but if you have a Dillard's department store near you and need a couple of pieces of clothing to get you through, they are practically giving the clothes away this week-end. 25% off of all clearance items. I bought the next size down - they were all a smidge too tight at the moment, but they were winter clothes, and will fit great and get me through work this winter. Just thought I'd pass that along...
Old 08-02-2002, 07:35 AM   #39  

Thanks for the note! I like Dillard's a lot, but usually can't even afford to walk through the front door!
Old 08-02-2002, 01:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I should have posted the last couple of days. I am doing good. Finanlly lost a pound. I felt good about that. I have been taking the kids swimming that has helped. I am hoping to go tomorrow. I have not gone all week. I will be babysitting my niece tonight because my sil's boyfriend has an interview finally and my sil has to work. Her boyfriend is a dead beat loser. He works for about 2 weeks and then quits or gets fired. So my sil is supporting him and her baby. Thank god he's not her father. He is also an abuser. My daughter went over there for the weekend and came back with a rug burn the size of my hand. She told him she was bored and he taped her legs together and handcuffed her and taped her mouth shut. He is not allowed to have any of my kids ever again. My husband is not talking to him about it so my daughters real mothers husband is going to go over there and deal with it which is not good. But maybe he will get the **** beat out of him and see how it feels.

Sorry I had to say that. I will be checking my niece over tonight any bruises they will be turned in.

I have been holding that in way to long.

I hope everyone is doing better than me right now. I will be in touch with you all. Take care.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:48 PM   #41  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hi all!!

Went to the doc yesterday, looks as if I have bronchitis. Got some meds, so hopefully I'll be feeling soon.

Having a good day. Staying OP, feeling strong. Hoping Monday will bring good results. Must stay strong this weekend!!!

Bella - Have you ever tried Abreva. It's awesome on cold sores. It seems to work BEST on them right when they start, but they hurry things along when they are already there. Be warned, it's pricey.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 01:51 PM   #42  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Tamara!!! We must have been posting at the same time. OMG!! That is horrible. That man should not be free. He should be locked up some where!! I can just hardly believe that!
Old 08-02-2002, 02:37 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Ohmygawd Tamara,

I would be livid! I swear it would take 3 to 4 BIG guys to get my fat arse off of him!! My heart goes out to your niece! Is she old enough to talk and tell you if anythings been done to her? And trust me....I thought you worded your post just fine, because I have a few choice words that I probably would have thrown in there!

Please let us know how your niece is doing.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:54 PM   #44  

Hi to all!!

At this point the most important thing is Tamara's post. You need to take photos. If you don't have a camera, borrow one, get a disposable, or better yet, take her to the police dept and let THEM take the photos.

This guy's backside would NOT be resting on a La-Z-Boy tonight if I were there.

That is abuse and there is NO WAY around it. DON'T let it go. He could do it (and worse) to someone else.

annie
Old 08-02-2002, 05:47 PM   #45  

Tamara - I totally agree with every other post. Also, I would definitely call the cops and turn him in for the abuse of your daughter. That way, if something does come up with your niece, he's already had another complaint made against him.
Closed Thread