Old 10-29-2009, 02:25 AM   #16  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hey ladies,

Well, I met my new trainer today. Her name is Kim and she's very nice. Almost too nice really. We went through the initial paperwork and the things that I can and can't do and what I'd done with yummy trainer. She was asking a lot of "are you sure you're able to do this" type questions, whereas yummy trainer was more "try it and see whether there's any problems and if there are we'll make changes" kind of thing. It's hard to tell from the first session - we're both obviously trying to make a good impression. I don't know how I feel - I don't really feel like I clicked with her, but it was the first session and I really do need to give it more than one session. Weirdly, she lives a couple of streets away and has offered to pick me up on mornings when she's going in to the gym rather than me walking in which is lovely of her. I'm saying it's weird because I don't remember seeing around before and this is the sort of place where you know everyone's face - as an example, it's not uncommon to see the local MPs in the supermarket.

Apart from that, it's all very quiet for me. And it's Friday tomorrow - yay for Friday. Unfortunately I'm on the phones at work and Fridays always bring the more interesting customers out...

Beverly, hope you have a fantastic visit and that your back and hip feel better.

Jab, awesome to see you!

MJ, I'm pleased I'm not the only one with those sorts of friends. Seriously that fried rubbish gives me tummy issues these days - I'd rather eat something that doesn't mean I feel ill for the next several hours.

Diane, yay for spin class! But yeah, doing the same thing for every song, not so good.

Aubrilyn, good luck with the doctors - and your poor son! Bet he won't do that again!

Lottie, how was the job! I'm sure you rocked!

Rakel, this is my opinion, but I think sometimes we just have to ignore the number on the scales - if you're doing things right, it's going to catch up with you.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone! Just a quickie post from me again....another day of meetings.

Still doing well and on plan! Even went to the gym last night AFTER my hair appt! I only did cardio, BUT I went to keep my routine! Today WILL be day 5 OP!!!

Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #18  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

so the job is great and low stress which is what I need.

My mood has been fluctuating lately, feeling a bit manic for about two weeks....it made me care more about socializing and going out than my diet for one....but I made a med adjustment a few days ago and things seem to be calming down. I probably gained a few lbs but I'm back on track as of today.

b: banana bread oatmeal with a banana
l: pb and j sammich
s: popcorn (light)
d: cold noodles with warm seitan and peanut sauce

bf got home before me last night. He had the house clean and dinner ready. it was so nice!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #19  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Nicolen: you're right, and I know that too, but it's difficult not to feel discouraged when you see a gain instead of a loss. The last time I went around this I weighed myself every day, but this time I will only do it once a week. No need to obsess over it on a daily basis.

I feel oddly encouraged about my weight loss today. For the first time in awhile I actually feel like I can do this.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #20  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Rhonda: I know what you mean about putting your life together. I tend to get overwhelmed with things like that, and every now and then I come to a realization that things are not the way I would like for them to be... it's a constant struggle: physically, financially, emotionally, and spiritually. Hang in there!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #21  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Just a quick check in with everyone. Busy at work, so not much time. Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #22  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! Today will be day 6 OP!!! I can't believe it! What's different? My dh is REALLY on board this time. We actually have conversations about food and snacks. We are planning our meals much more carefully. We have even found some healthier alternatives for those nights when we are both running late and need to pick up something on the way home. I will not get over-confident--that's my danger zone, but it is so much better doing this together!

nicolen--How are you doing? How's the new trainer? It must be hard to change, again.

lottie--I am glad to hear your job is low stress! That's awesome! Good for you for getting back on track. What an awesome bf!!!

rakel--You CAN do this. One day at a time. We are here for you!

Diane--Good to hear from you!

Rhonda--How are you?

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are having fun during your visit and not in too much pain!

My knee has felt pretty good for the past week, so now I am more confused than ever. It is really hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of having a total knee replacement when my knee feels pretty good. I know that can change in an instant, however. I have scheduled an appt w/ my orthopedist to talk to him about it. I have decided to put all decisions off until then.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #23  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

work today!

b: pb and j
l: lean gourmet lasagna
s: pringles
d: dunno yet
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:41 AM   #24  
mj5

Good Morning everyone!

Happy Halloween! Anyone have any fun plans? I'm just handing out candy to the kiddies and hanging out w/ hubby who actually has a weekend off!!! I bought candy that I don't like, so no worries there!

I am starting to think about my conference next week. I know there is an awesome workout room, but like most conferences every time you turn around they are trying to feed you. I have done well this week and don't want to blow it just because I'm away.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #25  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Happy November everyone! So glad we get that extra hour of sleep and I still wake up insanely early. I'm turning into my parents....
Hope everyone survived the Halloween holiday.

I went shopping for some new jeans yesterday (how scary is that?). I haven't bought any since I restarted last March. But the old ones were big and ugly, so I knew I needed to go try some on. Let me tell you, that was anxiety! It turned out really good though. I've lost 2 sizes and actually slipped over to Misses (although they are stretch jeans). I was pretty happy. So, from 22W to 18. They are a little tight yet, so I have to really stay committed. I'll be ON PLAN!!! Thanks for keeping me accountable over all of these months. It really helps.

I owe it all to spin class!! ha!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #26  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I have only had breakfast so far lol

b - cheerios w/ 1% milk and a cup of coffee with creamer.

I have a pork tenderloin cooking in the crockpot. Another first for me. I will have a salad as well and some kind of veggies. That will be dinner.

I have done my 45 minute worth of wii my fitness coach - 15 minutes cardio and 30 minutes upper body. Planning on heading out for my 45 minute walk/jog in a few hours as well.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #27  
mj5

Good Morning!

I did well w/ Halloween candy last night...only ate my two planned pieces!

Diane--YAHOO on the jeans shopping! That's always stress provoking for me!

JustBeckyV--Mmm, your dinner sounds yummy!

I have 6 days OP so far....yesterday didn't count b/c I didn't get a workout in. Dh and I wanted to go for a walk but it was pouring. The gym was closed by the time I had time to go. I did a lot of cleaning, so I guess there was teeny bit of cardio involved, but not really enough to count. I did well w/ food, though.

Today dh is making dinner--he is making a lean meatloaf w/ lots of fresh veggies. Can't wait!!! I am making the roasted veggies.