Bummed out !

• I am pretty bummed out but I want to be honest so I dont have to feel so bad and I will have to realize what and why I did it.

Last weekend was DD bday I made chili well I have a little too much then I should have. Then last night my son brings home pizza and I was already feeling down misssing the fact That I have to keep away from foods Like Ice Cream , Candy, Cookies Ect I know you know what Iam talking about. Before I knew it I gave into my tempatation and I ate 4 slices of pizza and 1 and 1/2 cheese stick. I went to bed last night feeling bad and asking How could I do that to myself . Am I out to sabatoge myself or what. I get up this morning and I weiged in at 294.5 gained a 1/2 pound . So now I realy do feel bad that I allowed myself to do this and not stay on track this week.

I am back on track this morning and already ate my usual breakfast. I hope not to let my self do this ever again. I will think how awful I feel and hopefully that will keep me from giving in again.
  • You've acknowledged it, now it's time to charge full steam ahead. No one is perfect and everybody (yes?) will slip from time to time. Best thing to do is not beat yourself up and get back on track
  • Bonnie,

Look at you, down almost twenty pounds since you started! That's an amazing achievement.

So please, try really hard not to jump on the bummer train.

We all make mistakes... what matters is that we put them behind us.

It's crazy how feeling down often makes us eat more... but you're back on track and I KNOW you are going to stay there, because you don't want to break your commitment to yourself.
  • I agree, get off the bummed pitty wagon and move on.
    this is life and there will always be "days" like that. it may be a small set back but it is not huge, it could just be salt/water that caught up with you.

you have done so well so far, don't let a little pizza stand in your way of continuing to the new you.
  • Don't give up and get right back to it! Sounds like that is what you are doing already. Maybe figure out why you gave in -- were you tired -- did you maybe not have enough to eat during the day and you were over hungry?

Big huggles -- you are doing a great job!
  • Getting back on track is the most important thing! And you have already done that! Everybody has a bad day, it's part of it. I think a good measure of success is that you are able to recognize that you had an off day, and got right back on track. You are doing great!
  • I agree - don't beat yourself up! You're back on track and that's the important thing. Forgive yourself for the slip-up and move forward.
  • Wow -- you are back on track this morning already?!!? Boy, I still slip up from time to time, and I am pleased that the last time it only took a weekend to recover. I've really gotten a lot better at it myself. In the past I've gotten off track for weeks at a time.

We all face slip ups -- we are all human. If we can learn from those mistakes to figure out how to deal better with situations in the future, we come out ahead in the end!

Great job getting back on track!!!
  • Everyone does slip up... I was one who said that I NEVER slipped until one day (not too long ago!) I ate three muffins and some bread/peanut butter in about 1/2 hour. I was devastated! How could this happen to me! I was in CONTROL wasn't I? Well... I WAS in control. I didn't let that slip turn into a binge or an excuse to quit. And it sounds like you are not either. GREAT JOB! In the grand scheme of things, one night of pizza is not going to ruin you... do that every 2 days and yes you're screwed but you've moved on, you are learning and I'm proud of you for that.
  • One day isn't going to undo all the hard work you've done. But being down on yourself will likely lead to more bad days which can undo it all. Stop for a minute and think about how far you've come. Remember that this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change. You should be able to indulge sometimes without regretting it the next day. Obviously, you don't necessarily want to indulge in 4 pieces of pizza all that often, but just because you're up half a pound doesn't mean all is lost. Just get right back on track today. Eat right, drink plenty of water, get a good workout in and I'm sure the scale will drop back down in no time.
  • Hey there Bonnie.

I remember not too long ago when came back to 3FC, you told us all you were going to start your "diet" on Monday, (or tomorrow...or some time in the future). We all gave you heck and said...why not today? It didn't take you but a few minutes to reply and say, "Why not?...okay, I start NOW!". You have been going strong ever since and I think you are a very tough cookie! You know what you want and you go after it. Hey, you wanted pizza...you had it. But you still want to lose weight more, and one night isn't going to derail your train. Isn't it awesome that when you woke up this morning you had a new day, and new choices? You are going to kick some pizza butt this weekend!

I also wanted to ADD: It is OKAY to feel bad. I think the minute you stop feeling upset with yourself when you go off plan is the minute you quit caring about it. I feel bad every time I "cheat". Not because I'm a bad person, but because I know that every time I go overboard I'm playing Russian Roulette with my health. Feel bad, grieve...FEEL ...and then dust yourself off and get going.